How would Alabama fare in the NFL?

Hunter2_1

Bama in NFL  

132 members have voted

1. 1. The 2017 Alabama team would have gone....

• Crushed by everyone
    • Below .500
    • Compete for the division and be "in the hunt" for playoffs
    • Win the division and be a playoff team
    • Win the conference and be a superbowl contender

1 minute ago, Vladimir L said:

Eddie Lacey and Trent Richardson say hello.

Only Alabama qb that has been ok is AJ McCaron and isnt even a starting caliber QB.

Well, just off memory, from their 2016-2017 teams (players who now in NFL), you'd have a competent NFL LT in Robinson (more than at least 5 NFL teams have), an NFL calibre TE in Howard, Johnathan Allen (fine in NFL) on the DL, and they're usually good at having monsters on their DL. Reuben Foster at MLB who is already probably a top 10 backer in NFL, and a few wildcards who are expected to be great in the secondary.

So, they would have genuine raw materials that could compete in the NFL. Obviously there's a lot of holes, but I'd certainly take a few of their players over some established NFL vets.

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Well, just off memory, from their 2016-2017 teams (players who now in NFL), you'd have a competent NFL LT in Robinson (more than at least 5 NFL teams have), an NFL calibre TE in Howard, Johnathan Allen (fine in NFL) on the DL, and they're usually good at having monsters on their DL. Reuben Foster at MLB who is already probably a top 10 backer in NFL, and a few wildcards who are expected to be great in the secondary.

So, they would have genuine raw materials that could compete in the NFL. Obviously there's a lot of holes, but I'd certainly take a few of their players over some established NFL vets.

Alabama CB arent all star cb. One below or two below avg DB in the nfl will be gone after and picked on. 

They shell out 3 to 4 starting caliber NFL player each year. This will not cut it....

1 minute ago, Vladimir L said:

Alabama CB arent all star cb. One below or two below avg DB in the nfl will be gone after and picked on. 

They shell out 3 to 4 starting caliber NFL player each year. This will not cut it....

Does the most untalented team in NFL (Jets? Browns?) have more NFL talent and quality than Alabama 2016 (or whenever) had?

Easily 0-16. I mean, just as a reference point, Cardale Jones, who is a 3rd string NFL QB, made them look horrific a few years ago.

Could you imagine what any 1st string QB would do to them?

What did they have, 4-5 1st rounders this year?

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Does the most untalented team in NFL (Jets? Browns?) have more NFL talent and quality than Alabama 2016 (or whenever) had?

Yes, easily. The worst NFL team still has NFL caliber talent on it, Alabama at MAX has 10 guys that will maybe potentially crack an NFL roster at some point, one day. They would get destroyed. They could have any pick of their QB's they have had in the last 15 years, it doesn't matter, the talent disparity between the college game and the NFL is far too wide. 

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yes.

The Jets and Browns have 53+ NFL-caliber players on their roster.

Last year's Alabama team had maybe 3-4 seniors, maybe 12-20 players overall on the squad who may eventually earn an NFL contract. 

I feel like Alabama never really has a high powered offense that scores a ton, and think they would really struggle on offense. 

I think they usually have a good defense and think that would hold up "ok". But I think they'd go 0-16 for sure.  

6 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Yes, easily. The worst NFL team still has NFL caliber talent on it, Alabama at MAX has 10 guys that will maybe potentially crack an NFL roster at some point, one day. They would get destroyed. They could have any pick of their QB's they have had in the last 15 years, it doesn't matter, the talent disparity between the college game and the NFL is far too wide. 

maybe 2 will be a star....4 will be quality starters....other 6 will be back up and the rest try to crack the roster...

Let's say that Alabama has 4 guys go in the first round each year. On average, a 1st rounder has what, a 50% chance of becoming a decent NFL starter? So Alabama would have two seniors capable of going up against their NFL counterparts? Maybe a few more to account for lower round guys who make it. And that doesn't even guarantee they'll be good to excellent players. You have to remember that the starters on every NFL team, even the Browns, are made up of the top 0.1% of college players. They're the superstars of the college world. Alabama would not stand a chance against any NFL roster, especially when you consider how many of their players wouldn't even be seniors.

4 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

I feel like Alabama never really has a high powered offense that scores a ton, and think they would really struggle on offense. 

I think they usually have a good defense and think that would hold up "ok". But I think they'd go 0-16 for sure.  

touche.... Alabama offense usually arent great they can be beaten by NCAA teams even. Their defense would be a top bottom 25th to 30th.....and offense dead last....

Archived