How would Alabama fare in the NFL?

Hunter2_1

Bama in NFL  

132 members have voted

1. 1. The 2017 Alabama team would have gone....

• Crushed by everyone
    • Below .500
    • Compete for the division and be "in the hunt" for playoffs
    • Win the division and be a playoff team
    • Win the conference and be a superbowl contender

While the majority of 'Bama's players will play in the league, we are talking about 20 and 21 year olds playing against much older, more experienced players.  There's a different technique that is required. They'd go a Solid 0-16 and lose to the Browns like 31-10.

45 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Easy. It was just a question, as I keep hearing....ah whatever

I'm not knocking it, there's a reason it's asked somewhat regularly, it's a fun thought experiment and doesn't seem like too much of a stretch for a lot of people.

41 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

While the majority of 'Bama's players will play in the league, we are talking about 20 and 21 year olds playing against much older, more experienced players.  There's a different technique that is required. They'd go a Solid 0-16 and lose to the Browns like 31-10.

A majority of Alabama players will not play in the NFL.

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

So 2017 Crimson Tide with the Falcons Schedule.  Maybe they could have kept it close week 1 against the Bears, but otherwise, they would have been consistently destroyed, and I expect they would have lost fairly handily to the Bears as well.

The Bears probably win that game if not for a blown coverage on Hooper. Lol, the Bears would beat tf out of Alabama, as would every other NFL team. 

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

A majority of Alabama players will not play in the NFL.

I'm just bored enough to look up the actual numbers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Alabama_Crimson_Tide_players_in_the_NFL_draft

2018 - 12 players drafted (4 first round picks)
2017 - 10 drafted (4 first round)
2016 - 7 drafted (1 first round)
2015 - 7 drafted (1 first round) (2 Pro-Bowlers)
2014 - 8 drafted (2 first round) (2 Pro-Bowlers)
2013 - 9 drafted (3 first round) (1Pro-Bowler)
2012 - 8 drafted (4 first round)
2011 - 5 drafted (4 first round) (3 Pro-Bowlers)
2010 - 7 drafted (2 first round)
2009 - 4 drafted (1 first round)

So in the last decade 77 draft selections (7.7 per year), 26 first-rounders (2.6 per year) and 8 Pro-Bowlers (0.8 per year).

Let's think about this logically... every player in the NFL was the best player on their college team and even then only a fraction of them go on to have long term success. And the ones that do manage to stick now have years of NFL experience and strength & conditioning. Most teams' third string players could start for the Crimson Tide.

Alabama would easily go 0-16.

Archived