How would Alabama fare in the NFL?

Hunter2_1

Bama in NFL  

132 members have voted

1. 1. The 2017 Alabama team would have gone....

• Crushed by everyone
    • Below .500
    • Compete for the division and be "in the hunt" for playoffs
    • Win the division and be a playoff team
    • Win the conference and be a superbowl contender

10 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Almost every rookie in the NFL comments on how surprised they are at the speed of the game when they arrive in camp.  There’s just no comparison, and Alabama would get absolutely crushed by any team in the NFL.

Yes, the speed of the game is superior plus the fact that most collegiate players are young and not as strong as the majority of NFL players.  Alabama might win a game once in a blue moon against the worst team in the NFL but most of the time it wouldn't be much of a contest.

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

Eh...He left a bad job for the best job in college football probably. He did a good job with that Dolphins team as well. He had them playing good football with legitimate crap at QB.

The players hated him and he lost the lockerroom after 1 season. He also didn't have the coaching chops to cut it with full grown adults, who wouldn't drop to their knees to fellate him if he threatened to pull their scholarships and stop sending checks to mom.

bah humbug

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

The players hated him and he lost the lockerroom after 1 season. He also didn't have the coaching chops to cut it with full grown adults, who wouldn't drop to their knees to fellate him if he threatened to pull their scholarships and stop sending checks to mom.

bah humbug

Yeah, this is all pretty false lol

2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Would they? I don't know anything about the CFL outside of some of the rule changes - but would a top ranked CFB team be able to complete against the worst CFL team?

This is a bit more interesting of a take.

I would think Alabama would beat the best team in the CFL. The best CFL team probably has at most a couple of guys who could potentially play in the NFL as a backup backup on any given team.

The highest paid CFL players pull up to $500,000, and the minimum salary for a rookie in the NFL is $450,000, although that number in 2018 is already up to $480,000. So any player who can play in the NFL is most likely not choosing the CFL instead except for very short stints.

Alabama likely has somewhere between 5 and 10 NFL caliber starters, and maybe another 5 to 10 guys who could be backups. Yes they are younger, but they do possess more talent.

Then the coaching staffs are much better in College football than in the CFL. With Nick Saban making upwards of $11 Million a year and the CFL salary cap at $5.2 Million, and the highest paid coach in the CFL making just over $600,000, It's probably not too much of a stretch to believe that Saban makes more in a year than an entire CFL team, players, coaches, and staff combined.

1 minute ago, packerrfan74 said:

No playoff appearances, a 9-7 season with no playoffs, and a 6-10 season. 

How exactly did he set them up?

Team had far more talent when he left. Please remind me who his QBs were? Gus Frerotte? Joey Harrington? Cleo Lemon? Daunte Caulpepper? lol

If they took the Falcons schedule last year, I see them going 14-2, with a 1st round bye in the playoffs. Obviously they'd lose twice to my beloved Saints, but would easily win their other 14 games. The NFL (Minus my Saints...Obviously) just can't keep up with that SEC speed everyone raves about. Can you imagine if guys like AJ Mccarron, and Trent Richardson were just a few years younger so they could lead this stacked Alabama offense to even greater heights in the NFL.  

2 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Team had far more talent when he left. Please remind me who his QBs were? Gus Frerotte? Joey Harrington? Cleo Lemon? Daunte Caulpepper? lol

Yeah his QBs were bad and they were for a decade. I'm looking at the rosters... where is this influx of talent he added?

3 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Yeah his QBs were bad and they were for a decade. I'm looking at the rosters... where is this influx of talent he added?

Yeah, I guess it was more Miami clearly played better under Saban than without. If he had gone to a roster with a legit QB he would've made the playoffs.

Archived