WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

i can accept the 10 games missed argument, but you cant punish Harden for winning way more games. 

No one's punishing him for winning more games, it's just using that as less of a factor for his case. The thing is Harden's argument is a better team record and more PPG. counter-argument is that he has a better team and scored less efficiently

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

Similar to the Warriors fearing Kyrie more than Bron, I must think they fear Gordon more than Harden. Gordon is a problem.

I do fear Gordon more as a fan just like I feared Irving more. Bron and Harden are going to do their thing. It's worse when guys like Gordon start playing like beasts. Annoying to no end. 

3 minutes ago, lancerman said:

On another note, two games 7's. The next two days will be great for basketball. That said, ANY combination but Warriors vs Cavs IV and I'll watch the series. 

Funnily enough if you combine the viewership for these 2 games against SNF, SNF probably still wins.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

That's because Harden plays worse in the playoffs. Although, Russ shouldn't get that excuse. Harden lacks defining moments in the playoffs.

people wont respect Harden unless he has a 40 point triple double to win game 7 without CP3 and a healthy Iggy. Meanwhile Anthony Davis has no playoff moments, and hes widely thought of as better. Its a double standard. Harden has never failed to lead his team to the playoffs, regardless of the team he has had to work with. Everytime the team gets that 2nd star, Howard at first and now CP3, they deal with major injuries during the season. the guy is 1st team all nba almost every year, hes in the running for MVP every year. Hes lost all of 1 playoff series since coming to the rockets that he wasnt expected to lose (still hate seeing that Lillard 3). The guy just posted 32/9/7/3 in a game where the warriors were completely focused on stopping him. Kevin Durant has had 3 straight terrible games, and the narrative hasnt been KD is choking, its been Iggy is a 1st ballot HOFer. It is what it is. Harden will easily make the HOF. The warriors dynasty might keep him from a title. This will be the 3rd time in 4 years the warriors knock him out of the playoffs. Is that really a diss? I mean they are one of the greatest teams ever. 

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No you said sarcasm when I joked about how no one should tithe for your church, which I stand by.

You actually can't do math. It's okay though. You're in a profession where not being able to do elementary school level math is important for sincerity tbh.

Actually im a real estate agent and quite good with numbers 

3 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

its the double standard. Every one else in the league, Westbrook, Davis, Lebron, they all get the "The team is trash" argument and yet Harden can carry scrubs seasons at a time and he doesnt get the same love and respect. I get it, people dont like his style of play, so just own that instead of trying to tear down his production.  

I can only speak for myself, but his production isn’t even something I have to try to tear down. The numbers speak for themselves, he’s been atrocious given his standard. It’s not that I mind his style of play, it just isn’t effective this series.

6 minutes ago, lancerman said:

On another note, two games 7's. The next two days will be great for basketball. That said, ANY combination but Warriors vs Cavs IV and I'll watch the series. 

Its been since 1979 that both conference finals went to game 7. the road team has never won both, so that will be a 1st. 

7 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I think the Cavs are going to win, unfortunately. It'll take Tatum or Brown or Rozier having an amazing game (or all three) to stop Game 7 LeBron.

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Funnily enough if you combine the viewership for these 2 games against SNF, SNF probably still wins.

That's why I laugh when people scream about the NFL ratings. They were so good for so long and on such a high when the rest of television was falling apart that it's like so minescule in the grand scheme of things. They finally did what everyone else was doing and they are still ten thousands miles ahead of everyone else.

Just as LeBron leaves no doubt he is the best player in the game every postseason, same applies to Draymond on the defensive end. He's just on another level. Protecting the rim as well as Embiid/Gobert, and able to play on the perimeter unlike those two. 

And Durant is getting killed for his garbage play the last three games. What are you talking about? He got lucky the team won, or else he would have rightfully been killed.

But Harden has had more suspect or sub-par postseason play than guys like Durant who has still mixed in some monster postseason runs. 

As for Lillard? No one looks as him as elite so that's why he gets less hate than Harden. 

4 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

people wont respect Harden unless he has a 40 point triple double to win game 7 without CP3 and a healthy Iggy. Meanwhile Anthony Davis has no playoff moments, and hes widely thought of as better. Its a double standard. Harden has never failed to lead his team to the playoffs, regardless of the team he has had to work with. Everytime the team gets that 2nd star, Howard at first and now CP3, they deal with major injuries during the season. the guy is 1st team all nba almost every year, hes in the running for MVP every year. Hes lost all of 1 playoff series since coming to the rockets that he wasnt expected to lose (still hate seeing that Lillard 3). The guy just posted 32/9/7/3 in a game where the warriors were completely focused on stopping him. Kevin Durant has had 3 straight terrible games, and the narrative hasnt been KD is choking, its been Iggy is a 1st ballot HOFer. It is what it is. Harden will easily make the HOF. The warriors dynasty might keep him from a title. This will be the 3rd time in 4 years the warriors knock him out of the playoffs. Is that really a diss? I mean they are one of the greatest teams ever. 

The narrative has been that KD is choking. We've talked about it a lot on here. Hell, I was calling him a choker. 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I think the Cavs are going to win, unfortunately. It'll take Tatum or Brown or Rozier having an amazing game (or all three) to stop Game 7 LeBron.

We'll see. I think without Love it's an uphill battle, and Boston is a bad environment for the road team.

6 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

No one's punishing him for winning more games, it's just using that as less of a factor for his case. The thing is Harden's argument is a better team record and more PPG. counter-argument is that he has a better team and scored less efficiently

you are basically saying he shouldn't win MVP because of his team. No one on his team went to the all star game. Lebron, meanwhile, won less games with another All Star on his team. Harden pulls a scrub team to the 2 seed, and Curry gets it based on team record. ok. So harden pulls his team to top 4 in the league and Westbrook gets it because of 2 extra rebounds a game, despite being the 6th seed. So harden goes out and leads the league in scoring and gets 7 more wins than anyone and suddenly Lebron should be the MVP.

Archived