ECF: Boston vs Cleveland, the actual NBA finals

Troy Brown

Eastern Conference Champions  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Eastern Conference?

• Celtics
    • Cavaliers

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Call it whatever you want, just get your broom sticks out.....

But ignore this and don't pull these posts up if the Rockets beat us lol. 

People said this about the Bucks and 76'ers. They also said that Lebron would overwhelm the Celtics. At this point, honestly the best team of beating the Warriors right now is probably the the Celtics. Not saying they will, but they have the best shot. They play the most disciplined basketball, they have the best defense in the NBA, they have the size, they have the coaching, they have players with versatility. The only thing they lack is a bonafide star. And tbh, Tatum could be developing into one right now. 

8 minutes ago, lancerman said:

People said this about the Bucks and 76'ers. They also said that Lebron would overwhelm the Celtics. At this point, honestly the best team of beating the Warriors right now is probably the the Celtics. Not saying they will, but they have the best shot. They play the most disciplined basketball, they have the best defense in the NBA, they have the size, they have the coaching, they have players with versatility. The only thing they lack is a bonafide star. And tbh, Tatum could be developing into one right now. 

If they had Kyrie, they'd have a shot. Without Kyrie, it's not happening (barring some major injury). Curry and Durant are just too much. The Cavs have one LeBron and a style of play that isn't very complicated. The Warriors offer so much more than the Cavs from an offensive standpoint.

33 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I didn't see many picking the Cavs in a whitewash. I think most understood the issues the Celtics posed and this was going to take six or seven games for the Cavs.

But you're right, the Celtics have been counted out all postseason. The difference between the teams in the East and the Warriors is HUGE though. Even the Rockets for that matter if they end up making it to the finals. 

Still, even if you guys get swept or lose in five in the finals, it will still be a freaking amazing season. Not many thought they would get out of the 2nd round, let alone make it to the finals. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I didn't see many picking the Cavs in a whitewash. I think most understood the issues the Celtics posed and this was going to take six or seven games for the Cavs.

But you're right, the Celtics have been counted out all postseason. The difference between the teams in the East and the Warriors is HUGE though. Even the Rockets for that matter if they end up making it to the finals. 

Still, even if you guys get swept or lose in five in the finals, it will still be a freaking amazing season. Not many thought they would get out of the 2nd round, let alone make it to the finals. 

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

If they had Kyrie, they'd have a shot. Without Kyrie, it's not happening (barring some major injury). Curry and Durant are just too much. The Cavs have one LeBron and a style of play that isn't very complicated. The Warriors offer so much more than the Cavs from an offensive standpoint.

Oh I think they are definitely underdogs in any series vs either the Warriors or Rockets. But right now I think they've proven themselves enough to say that they really are a complete enough team to be the team in the East with the best chance to beat them. They have everything you could want in a team besides a bonafide superstar. And they have one waiting around, a pseudo super star in Hayward, and a potential one in Tatum (and possibly Brown if he keeps exceeding expectations), beyond that they have the best defense and coaching in the league and probably have the deepest roster by combination of size and versatility.

I think they can win but it would need a string of perfectly executed games, some luck, and even that probably would be some miracle take it to a game 7 scenario and get lucky down the stretch. But as I see it now the Cavs have virtually no shot of beating GSW

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

Oh I think they are definitely underdogs in any series vs either the Warriors or Rockets. But right now I think they've proven themselves enough to say that they really are a complete enough team to be the team in the East with the best chance to beat them. They have everything you could want in a team besides a bonafide superstar. And they have one waiting around, a pseudo super star in Hayward, and a potential one in Tatum (and possibly Brown if he keeps exceeding expectations), beyond that they have the best defense and coaching in the league and probably have the deepest roster by combination of size and versatility.

I think they can win but it would need a string of perfectly executed games, some luck, and even that probably would be some miracle take it to a game 7 scenario and get lucky down the stretch. But as I see it now the Cavs have virtually no shot of beating GSW

Well, that's where our disconnect lies. I don't think any team in the East has a decent shot of beating them, so they could have the best chance in my mind and still not have a realistic shot.

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

When you are training to run a marathon, you can run every other day and not seem to wear out but then take a week off and you are sluggish when you come back. 

Okay, but LeBron wasn't sitting on his couch and eating cheetos during the week off. You could argue that he was rusty, but arguing that the time off wore him out is hard to believe.

Also, you aren't sluggish because you're worn out in the analogy you used.

19 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Well, that's where our disconnect lies. I don't think any team in the East has a decent shot of beating them, so they could have the best chance in my mind and still not have a realistic shot.

I don't think any team in the East or West has a realistic shot of beating the Warriors. That includes the Rockets, etc. But the Celtics are everything I said they were. Best defense in the league, best coaching in the league, deep stable of versatile players, stars in the making, great size, tremendous discipline and ability to execute. The only reason they've even been overlooked so far is because without Kyrie and Hayward they don't have anything resembling an established super star player. Right now I would give them a good shot against anybody but the Warriors. The Warriors would be an extremely unlikely long shot.

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Okay, but LeBron wasn't sitting on his couch and eating cheetos during the week off. You could argue that he was rusty, but arguing that the time off wore him out is hard to believe.

Also, you aren't sluggish because you're worn out in the analogy you used.

The actual analogy would be closer to LeBron has been running a marathon every other day for 2 weeks, and then was able to get back to his normal marathon training schedule for a week before running another one.

9 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

When you are training to run a marathon, you can run every other day and not seem to wear out but then take a week off and you are sluggish when you come back. 

Not only is this analogy inaccurate (see above), it's also not true. Every single high level athlete is going to taper their workouts before a major track/swimming/running event. Your body is able to recover fully, and you'll perform better following about 2 weeks of much more minimal training than you will at peak training.

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The actual analogy would be closer to LeBron has been running a marathon every other day for 2 weeks, and then was able to get back to his normal marathon training schedule for a week before running another one.

Not only is this analogy inaccurate (see above), it's also not true. Every single high level athlete is going to taper their workouts before a major track/swimming/running event. Your body is able to recover fully, and you'll perform better following about 2 weeks of much more minimal training than you will at peak training.

ok, then Lebron just didnt care about game 1

Archived