NFC North 2018 Thread

Heinz D.

12 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Down goes Green Bay. They are now 3.5 behind the Bears with 5 games remaining.

Minnesota’s next two games- @ NE, @ SEA

I'd rather that MIN wins enough games to remain the 5th seed. WAS / CAR / SEA would be preferable in the 1st round, me thinks. 

A scenario like this is very possible:

# North WLT Div
3 CHI.svgBears 11-5 4-2
6 MIN.svgVikings 9-6-1 4-1-1
8 GB.svgPackers 8-7-1 2-3-1
12 DET.svgLions 6-10 1-5

--Bears beat the Giants and Niners on the road. Beat the Packers at home (who are terrible on the road) and lose to the Rams and Vikings at home. (neither of those games are guaranteed losses by any means with the way this defense is playing. But I don't see the offense keeping up against the rams front and I don't us sweeping a solid Vikes team).

--Vikings lose their next two against the Patriots and Seahawks. Then win out against the Dolphins, Lions and Bears.

--Packers win their next two games against the Cardinals and Falcons. Lose to the Bears. Then win their next two against the Jets and Lions to ruin their draft pick.

This scenario would mean a back-to-back rematch between the Vikings and Bears in the wild card at home. 

I wanted GB to win because I'm more worried about MN talent.  

2018 Rogers is overrated, rest of team and coach gets a lot of blame that were it anyone else they would be blaming the QB.  He hasn't been playing well for most of the year and were it another QB people would be saying it.

Cousins is better than Cutler and better than Keenum, but Keenum played as well or better last year in best of his career.  

Cutler was more talented, but who cares? Why is this even being discussed? Who cares about Cutler anymore?  Lots of talented QBs who never played to their talent.  Cousins has way better intangibles than Cutler.

That being said Cousins is merely an above avg QB playing on a team with best WRs in the league and a good defense.  Terrible O line though. 

I also love how GB fans think Bears are done going forward because there is too much money in Mack deal to keep team good, when Rogers is making a mint AND not playing well.  And rumor has it his personal life is not good, which can also translate to the field. 

Mack is one of top 2 defensive players in the league right now, arguably just behind Donald and he is 27.  You have him through his prime.  

Yes, Rogers is a QB and thus positionally worth more, but not all QBs play good into their late 30s and beyond. Most don't; injuries don't heal as fast, fast twitch slows, etc. We'll see if returns to form.  

With a perfect draft GB can be right back in game. NO and Brees is flying high off draft of two years ago.  Seattle lived for years off one or two drafts.  GB too actually.

Bears will be better next season barring injuries.  Offense everyone loves to bash nationally is actually ahead of schedule in the "process." GB better have a great draft next year with instantly producing players.  

I'd take the Browns roster over the GB roster right now. 

Browns may finish better than GB and they fired coach mid season.

Wait GB may fire their coach in season. So many parallels with the Browns - except Browns arrow is up.  

Bears were historically bad last year, difference is Bears were in a rebuilding throw away season in which they knew they were no good. 

Pack had superbowl expectations.

Superbowl!!! Hahahahahaha. My sides! 

"Graham will be a difference maker."  "Love our free agent moves."  LOLs.  

It drove me nuts for weeks to hear the analysts say that GB was still going to win the division bc the Bears schedule was going to get tough and they hadn't beat a winning team (apparently Seattle never seemed to count) and the Pack were going to have a cake schedule.  I kept looking at @sea, @min, atl, @chi and saying there is no way they can win 3 out of 4 against those teams which were clearly superior to GB in talent. I also remember chi letting them in to the postseason and then losing the nfccg bc of it.  Look you can never count out Rodgers, so it was super important to me that GB be eliminated and done.  For all intents and purposes that happened last night.   If we win @NYG next week we officially eliminate them from the division. 

The reality is that it's a very real scenario the Bears could win the NFCN before they ever take the field against the rams. Bears have to go on the road next week and take care of business against another team they should dog walk.  Nagy needs to have these guys ready to play on 10 days rest and drive this thing home.

41 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

It drove me nuts for weeks to hear the analysts say that GB was still going to win the division bc the Bears schedule was going to get tough and they hadn't beat a winning team (apparently Seattle never seemed to count) and the Pack were going to have a cake schedule.  I kept looking at @sea, @min, atl, @chi and saying there is no way they can win 3 out of 4 against those teams which were clearly superior to GB in talent. I also remember chi letting them in to the postseason and then losing the nfccg bc of it.  Look you can never count out Rodgers, so it was super important to me that GB be eliminated and done.  For all intents and purposes that happened last night.   If we win @NYG next week we officially eliminate them from the division. 

The reality is that it's a very real scenario the Bears could win the NFCN before they ever take the field against the rams. Bears have to go on the road next week and take care of business against another team they should dog walk.  Nagy needs to have these guys ready to play on 10 days rest and drive this thing home.

Barkley scares me more than Rogers right now.  Guy is uber talented.  

Rest of Giants team is another story.

I keep thinking that if Giants didn't misjudge Manning Barkley likely falls to Bears.  So close.

A guy with that size, running and receiving ability would be lights out in our offense.

We would be putting up points like 2018 KC, Saints and Rams in 2019 with a good defense. 

9 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

A scenario like this is very possible:

# North WLT Div
3 CHI.svgBears 11-5 4-2
6 MIN.svgVikings 9-6-1 4-1-1
8 GB.svgPackers 8-7-1 2-3-1
12 DET.svgLions 6-10 1-5

--Bears beat the Giants and Niners on the road. Beat the Packers at home (who are terrible on the road) and lose to the Rams and Vikings at home. (neither of those games are guaranteed losses by any means with the way this defense is playing. But I don't see the offense keeping up against the rams front and I don't us sweeping a solid Vikes team).

--Vikings lose their next two against the Patriots and Seahawks. Then win out against the Dolphins, Lions and Bears.

--Packers win their next two games against the Cardinals and Falcons. Lose to the Bears. Then win their next two against the Jets and Lions to ruin their draft pick.

This scenario would mean a back-to-back rematch between the Vikings and Bears in the wild card at home. 

I see it playing out that way also, but Minnesota getting to the 5 seed and the Bears hosting Seattle is a real possibility also. I don't see Washington getting in since I can't see them winning more than 2 of their remaining 5 games.

42 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Barkley scares me more than Rogers right now.  Guy is uber talented.  

Rest of Giants team is another story.

I keep thinking that if Giants didn't misjudge Manning Barkley likely falls to Bears.  So close.

A guy with that size, running and receiving ability would be lights out in our offense.

We would be putting up points like 2018 KC, Saints and Rams in 2019 with a good defense. 

We already are putting up points like KC, Saints, and Rams, with an actual defense unlike KC and the Rams.  The only team that worries me in the playoffs is the Saints, bc they can play defense.  I'd feel a lot better about that matchup if the game could somehow, some way be at Soldier. I'm pretty confident that the Bears are going to show the world what happens when you cant play defense against a team that can score AND stop you in a couple weeks.

4 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

We already are putting up points like KC, Saints, and Rams, with an actual defense unlike KC and the Rams.  The only team that worries me in the playoffs is the Saints, bc they can play defense.  I'd feel a lot better about that matchup if the game could somehow, some way be at Soldier. I'm pretty confident that the Bears are going to show the world what happens when you cant play defense against a team that can score AND stop you in a couple weeks.

Yeah, the playoffs are interesting. While the Rams really have no homefield advantage and I can see 30-40% of that crowd being Bears fans, the opposite can be said about the Superdome. That place is a mad house. I suppose the only thing that gives me hope is that if Miller's catch is ruled a catch last year, the Bears at least take that game to OT.

11 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

We arent close, right now, to being as good as KC, Saints and Rams offense.  That's just the truth.  To say that we are in same category offensively in 2018 is really drinking the kool aid. I know you didn't say 'offense' you said points.  But defensive points arent something to be relied upon even with great defenses.   

Rams are starting to get some injuries offensively so they may come to Earth a bit. 

NO is best team in league right now, fully healthy Rams are best.  KC probably has best offense, but their defense is bad.  

33 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

We arent close, right now, to being as good as KC, Saints and Rams offense.  That's just the truth.  To say that we are in same category offensively in 2018 is really drinking the kool aid. I know you didn't say 'offense' you said points.  But defensive points arent something to be relied upon even with great defenses.   

Rams are starting to get some injuries offensively so they may come to Earth a bit. 

NO is best team in league right now, fully healthy Rams are best.  KC probably has best offense, but their defense is bad.  

Rams are 26th 8n defense, no they arent better than the saints fully healthy.  They arent as good as the Bears.  Before the Monday night game against the chiefs, the Bears OFFENSE was 2nd only to the Saints since week 4 in scoring.  I dont want to hear about how much better the Rams offense is than the Bears bc it's just not true.  The Rams can run the ball better than the Bears, but the Bears are better pass blockers, the WRs are pretty much mirror images of each other.  And when we bring defense into it, it ain't even close.  And no Mack isnt 2nd best to Donald.  Mack is the best.  Donald gets pressure on the QB, but is a sieve against the run.  Mack is an absolute BEAST against the run. I'm tired.of hearing about the Rams.  I cant wait to get them in Soldier in 2 weeks.

9 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Rams are 26th 8n defense, no they arent better than the saints fully healthy.  They arent as good as the Bears.  Before the Monday night game against the chiefs, the Bears OFFENSE was 2nd only to the Saints since week 4 in scoring.  I dont want to hear about how much better the Rams offense is than the Bears bc it's just not true.  The Rams can run the ball better than the Bears, but the Bears are better pass blockers, the WRs are pretty much mirror images of each other.  And when we bring defense into it, it ain't even close.  And no Mack isnt 2nd best to Donald.  Mack is the best.  Donald gets pressure on the QB, but is a sieve against the run.  Mack is an absolute BEAST against the run. I'm tired.of hearing about the Rams.  I cant wait to get them in Soldier in 2 weeks.

It's early, but the weather shows 22, wind chill of 9, for the night of 12/9.

:D

@super

Their offense has been light years better than Bears offense to date even with a terrible defense. They have been scoring and gaining yards almost at will.  I wish Bears have been as good, but reality is different. 

Losing Cupp will hurt them eventually.  He is good and a big loss.

Donald vs Mack argument is legitmate. I think most objective people would give Donald a slight edge right now.  PFF probably has Mack as 100th best defensive player using special advanced metrics and analysis. 

All that being said Rams are still beatable on any given day because their defense sucks. 

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

It's early, but the weather shows 22, wind chill of 9, for the night of 12/9.

:D

Bears are actually built for a fast track for maybe first time in my life. 

Still can't believe they renovated and decided not to go with a retractable roof. 

Archived