David Tepper expected to purchase Carolina Panthers for record $2.2 Billion

Danger

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I think it depends on who you ask. You ask someone in Minnesota or Wisconsin, it's easily football. Ask someone in Indiana or Kentucky, it's basketball. 

Members on a site called FootballsFuture would pick football, members on a site called BasketballsFuture would pick basketball.

And on BaseballsFuture...oh wait, baseball doesn't have a future!  I kid.

38 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

And on BaseballsFuture...oh wait, baseball doesn't have a future!  I kid.

Baseballs future is its present, and its present is YOUR 2017 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION HOUSTON ASTROS!!!

FrayedOrneryFlickertailsquirrel-max-1mb.

17 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I would absolutely consider them the gold standard.  Would you rather own an NBA team or an NFL team?  Most people would probably rather have the NFL team.

I think it is easier to work the NBA, you can attract high level FAs more easily AND there are 41 home games to get revenue from, plus home games in the playoffs.

I love the NFL far more than the NBA, but it just seems the NBA is more profitable IMO.

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I think it is easier to work the NBA, you can attract high level FAs more easily AND there are 41 home games to get revenue from, plus home games in the playoffs.

I love the NFL far more than the NBA, but it just seems the NBA is more profitable IMO.

NBA has a much larger footprint outside of the US when compared to the other US leagues. That money from China and European countries can add up quickly. 

As a fan wanting to live out my fantasy football dreams, I'd go with an NFL franchise, and it's not even close. As a businessman, football gets a very close look from me, but I'd probably opt for an NBA team.

On 5/16/2018 at 3:20 PM, EliteTexan80 said:

I think it depends on who you ask. You ask someone in Minnesota or Wisconsin, it's easily football. Ask someone in Indiana or Kentucky, it's basketball. 

Members on a site called FootballsFuture would pick football, members on a site called BasketballsFuture would pick basketball.

Well considering how much more valuable an NFL franchise is, anyone who isn't stupid would rather own an NFL franchise. You could immediately sell it and buy a basketball team with a few hundred million left over.

35 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Well considering how much more valuable an NFL franchise is, anyone who isn't stupid would rather own an NFL franchise. You could immediately sell it and buy a basketball team with a few hundred million left over.

Fair, but I don't see Russian and Chinese investors lining up to buy the Panthers. Shad Khan is the closest thing to an "international" investor, and he made his billions domestically.

Ultimately, I don't discount your point - but when you have this kind of money to invest in a product, personal preference can take a priority over bottom line.

Archived