Bohemian Rhapsody (Freddy Mercury Movie)

TENINCH

8 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

I wasn’t always a huge Freddy fan (more like an average fan) until after he passed away, and I learned that he had the biggest octave range of almost any singer ever recorded - 8 octave range is extremely, extremely rare.  The dude was just that talented.

His vocal range was 4 octaves, not 8... No popular singer has ever had an 8 octave range (or anywhere close for that matter), the highest vocal range of any singer in popular music is Axl Rose followed by Mariah Carey who both have 5 octaves ranges

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

His vocal range was 4 octaves, not 8... No popular singer has ever had an 8 octave range (or anywhere close for that matter), the highest vocal range of any singer in popular music is Axl Rose followed by Mariah Carey who both have 5 octaves ranges

You are correct - I’ve foolishly been living under this assumption for 30 years, when a friend I respect told me 8.  Will teach me to do my own research before posting in the future.

4 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I don't think any singer ever had a 8 octave range that would be physically impossible I would imagine. Out of popular singers the widest octave range was Axel Rose who came in at 5 but barely.

https://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2014/05/digging-deeper-axl-rose-is-not-singer.html

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I don't think any singer ever had a 8 octave range that would be physically impossible I would imagine. Out of popular singers the widest octave range was Axel Rose who came in at 5 but barely.

https://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2014/05/digging-deeper-axl-rose-is-not-singer.html

Actually the world record for vocal range is 10 octaves believe it or not, some dude named Tim Storms

10 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Mike Patton has 6

I saw it last night, and as a huge Queen fan, I loved it.  I thought they balanced out enjoying the music and showing some of the troubles Mercury went through.  I liked the PG-13 rating because yes, they could had beaten the audience over the head with his partying, drug use, and sexual exploits, but that would have ruined the point of the movie.  I think not showing that explicitly was more effective because it allowed the audience to fill in those gaps.  

Rami Malek was also absolutely fantastic as Mercury.  I think he hit on a perfect balance of Mercury's flamboyant personality, artistic genius, and personal demons.  

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Ending was amazing. Performing to crowd like that has to be greatest type of feeling in the world.

Yep can’t even imagine what it felt like to be him having an audience of 100,000 singing along to the songs that he made. 

Archived