The Totally Transcendent Teddy Thread

Heimdallr

I feel if Teddy isn't ready to go full speed by the start of training camp 7/27, he will start off the year on PUP. I personally feel this where he's at with his rehab. Sure, he can run (although he still looks to be favoring his injured knee), do some drill work, and plant and throw; however, IMO, he isn't ready for full contact. He starts the year on PUP and comes back as a back up sometime after the 6th regular season game. The question is, how do the Vikings view the QB position going forward? I like Bradford and believe he will have a good year due to better running attack and a serviceable OL. One of Bradford or Teddy will be traded at the end of this year. I hope we pick the right QB going forward and receive a 1st and a 3rd for the traded QB.

1 hour ago, marshpit23 said:

One of Bradford or Teddy will be traded at the end of this year. I hope we pick the right QB going forward and receive a 1st and a 3rd for the traded QB.

I can't see a QB being traded in the middle of the year. I think either Teddy is ready to go by training camp and someone is traded before the season starts, or we keep both for this year. Hopefully Teddy's contract tolls and we get one more year. 

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I can't see a QB being traded in the middle of the year. I think either Teddy is ready to go by training camp and someone is traded before the season starts, or we keep both for this year. Hopefully Teddy's contract tolls and we get one more year. 

Agreed, at the end of the year. I'm also in (long) boat that hopes Teddy's contract is tolled. I see a decent return on either Bradford or Teddy. 

On 7/23/2017 at 0:35 PM, Heimdallr said:

Yea, no way I see us moving either Bradford or Teddy before or during the season. Even with all signs pointing positively for TB's recovery, I just don't know how you have place any faith in his health at this point, which means you have to lean on Bradford for this season. If TB is ready to go at some point, then sure, you activate him. I hope, truly, that we are put in that awkward and difficult situation next offseason of deciding which QB to keep because both seem like reasonable options. Bradford seems to have most of what you would want in a franchise QB, and if he can build off of a solid season last year, it will be tough to let him walk, but on the other hand Teddy offers youth and upside that Sam doesn't. This will truly be the most interesting storyline for me to watch over the next year.

20 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Never rooted for an individual player like I have Teddy. I hope he comes back and becomes our franchise guy again.

Same. I wasn't even a big fan of the pick, but he's won me over. 

Teddy has it, and I can't wait until he's leading this team again. 

6 hours ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

Yea, no way I see us moving either Bradford or Teddy before or during the season.

I agree, I think that the chances a QB moves on depends on how Bradford does. If Bridgewater spends the whole season on PUP and Bradford does well, I could see them trading Bridgewater, if Bradford is just okay, then they are probably going to let Bradford walk, I feel.

8 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I agree, I think that the chances a QB moves on depends on how Bradford does. If Bridgewater spends the whole season on PUP and Bradford does well, I could see them trading Bridgewater, if Bradford is just okay, then they are probably going to let Bradford walk, I feel.

Wouldn't Teddy be a free agent after this season?

Just now, The Gnat said:

Not if he spends the whole season on PUP.

Ah ok I see what you're saying. I don't see any reason to take him off of the PUP if Bradford stays healthy. I remember them saying it could take him two years to get healthy so they might as well give him the two years. I'm comfortable with Bradford and Keenum.

Archived