Kenyan Drake

Nex_Gen

I want to make this thread to focus on a single player. One that I came away super impressed with last season in the limited spotlight he got. Even more impressed the two times I really got to focus on him in the two times he went against the Patriots.

Kenyan Drake 

He impressed the coaching enough behind closed doors that the Dolphins decided to trade away Jay Ajayi, who may or may not have been a good fit in Gase' scheme, only to unleash him as their featured guy down the stretch last season. And he didn't disappoint one bit. I think people generally questioned his toughness and ability to carry the load, but that might have been his strongest assets. Aside from the fact that he has shown the ability to be a very well balanced runner with underrated leg drive and power, excellent north and south vision. His cutting/lateral ability shows no tolerance for would be tacklers, and he's even more dangerous in the open field working defenders like a chess board. That's not it. He's a multi-dimensional RB who can provide in the passing game and on Special Teams. When I watch him, the first thing that comes to mind is "natural runner.."  I don't think enough people merely notice what he showed last season. What's the kid's future look like? A star in the making? 

133 carries, 644 yards, 4.8 AVG, 3 TD

32 receptions, 239 yards, 7.5 AVG, 1 TD

Here's the visuals for poetry:

I like this kid a lot!  Having limited chances looked fantastic he really really shocked me! I like miamis knew young backfield tandem I think Ballage has the same kinda talent to dual up with Drake! As for a superstar not sure about that but he's got the talent too! 

I am beyond thankful for the Greatness of Kenyan Drake. Without said greatness Jay Ajayi never becomes a Eagle and key contributor to their SB run.

No matter what he becomes, he'll always be a hero in my heart.

10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I am beyond thankful for the Greatness of Kenyan Drake. Without said greatness Jay Ajayi never becomes a Eagle and key contributor to their SB run.

No matter what he becomes, he'll always be a hero in my heart.

Hot take: the Eagles rushing success is based on their scheme (wham plays) and the efficiency/talent of their OL. They would have had a just as an effective running game with Clement/Blount. 

As far as Drake, this is probably the 3rd time I've heard that he impressed down the stretch last year. He nor the Dolphins were on my radar last year. I'll have to give his tape a watch. I remember thinking he was an underutilized but impressive player at Bama. 

12 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Hot take: the Eagles rushing success is based on their scheme (wham plays) and the efficiency/talent of their OL. They would have had a just as an effective running game with Clement/Blount. 

Ajayi had 70 rush attempts and a 5.8 ypc average during the regular season. Blount didn't. Clement didn't. That's without knowing the offense for the majority of his games.

No Ajayi means either A: more workload/less rest for Blount/Clement or godforbid More Kenjon Barner. Neither scenario helps them into and through the playoffs.

Acting as those Jay had no impact on their SB run is absurd. 

5 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, Derrick Henry, TJ Yeldon, Kenyan Drake. 

Who’d have thought that out of this bunch at Alabama, Drake might have the best 2018 season?

Derrick Henry will probably have the best year - he's going to be the featured back in TEN.

35 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Derrick Henry will probably have the best year - he's going to be the featured back in TEN.

6 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, Derrick Henry, TJ Yeldon, Kenyan Drake. 

Who’d have thought that out of this bunch at Alabama, Drake might have the best 2018 season?

Not 100% sold on Henry, nor do I think it's a foregone conclusion that he gets the lion's share of carries.

Big fan of Drake coming out. Had him on my fantasy team last year so I tried watching him whenever I could. He really impressed me. Great burst, speed, dynamic, elusive and receiving abilities. It was so frustrating watching Damien Williams split carries with him. 

Loved the Ballage pick as well. They're going to make a really good tandem. 

11 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Not 100% sold on Henry, nor do I think it's a foregone conclusion that he gets the lion's share of carries.

I get that you said might have, but I still think Henry is most likely. Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled if Drake ends up having a breakout year.

I haven been rooting for him since his combine. He looks fluid and living in South Florida, I wouldn't mind catching one of his games sometime. I think he'll be a top 20 back in the league next year. 

Archived