Current Top 10 NFL HC

Scout

2 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

Sean McDermott.

Going 9-7 and snapping the bills 17 year long playoff streak with a under talented roster.

Good point. I had a hard time deciding between him and McVay, for my list. It was a close call. I couldn't leave Marrone off, though. 

8 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

Sean McDermott.

Going 9-7 and snapping the bills 17 year long playoff streak with a under talented roster.

Are these rankings based on name or resume?

I considered him but because he only has one year and made somw questionable decsions, I left him off. Benching Tyrod Taylor for Nathan Pederman?

On 5/24/2018 at 4:16 PM, The BILLievers said:

Sean McDermott.

Are these rankings based on name or resume?

The bills lucked into the playoffs and he benched his starting QB for a rookie QB who threw 5 INTs in a single half, hardly a top 10 coach.

1. Bill Bellicheck

2. Doug Pederson

3. John Harbaugh (I'm a ravens fan he shouldn't be this high but ehhh)

4. Mike Zimmer

5. Mike Tomlin

6. Sean McVay (1 year wonder but damn that 1 year is amazing) 

7. Sean Payton (would be higher but Brees+terrible defenses drag him down)

8. Pete Carroll (Should be higher but the hawks have regressed so eh)

9.  Ron Rivera 

10. Andy Reid.

On 5/26/2018 at 5:43 AM, OleXmad said:

The bills lucked into the playoffs and he benched his starting QB for a rookie QB who threw 5 INTs in a single half, hardly a top 10 coach.

1. Bill Bellicheck

2. Doug Pederson

4. Mike Zimmer

5. Mike Tomlin

9.  Ron Rivera 

10. Andy Reid.

What has Andy Reid's teams done that is significantly superior to McCarthy's?   If any HC in this discussion is similar to McCarthy it should be Payton.  His defenses for several years since his SB bowl win have been mediocre until last season.  Why is he not "penalized' for having Brees like Mike is for having Rodgers?  If Sean lost Brees for most of a season his team would suffer too like most coaches do in a similar situation.  Should McVay be placed in the top 10 after just one good season?  Pederson is a good coach but I have a feeling he's getting a ton of love today because he just won it all.  

20 minutes ago, Pugger said:

What has Andy Reid's teams done that is significantly superior to McCarthy's?   If any HC in this discussion is similar to McCarthy it should be Payton.  His defenses for several years since his SB bowl win have been mediocre until last season.  Why is he not "penalized' for having Brees like Mike is for having Rodgers?  If Sean lost Brees for most of a season his team would suffer too like most coaches do in a similar situation.  Should McVay be placed in the top 10 after just one good season?  Pederson is a good coach but I have a feeling he's getting a ton of love today because he just won it all.  

Andy Reid has succeeded with multiple QBs that are far less talented than Rodgers, I definitely have issues with Reid but I can't argue he's still one of the better coaches in the league.

McCarthy's entire coaching career is built on the legacy of the best QB in the NFL read the thing linked for some context on his record without Rodgers at QB, do I need to say anything about his defensive staff over the past few years? McCarthy is a good offensive coach but he's far from an innovator and without Rodgers he wouldn't have lasted 4 seasons in GB. Sean Payton would struggle without Brees (lord knows his defenses have been terrible) but he's easily a top 3 offensive mind in the NFL and a borderline top 8 coach. I'll admit McVay probably should be at 10 but what he did in a single season is borderline miraculous and is worthy of a top 10 spot alone. Pederson I didn't think was a good hire for the Eagles but he's clearly proven me wrong on that, does he deserve the no.2 spot over someone like Zimmer? probably not but winning a SB with a backup QB is bloody impressive. 

On 5/26/2018 at 5:23 AM, Pugger said:

He only wins because of #12.   Hadn't you heard?

did you watch the Packers last season? They were barely able to beat bottom 5 teams last year with Hundley. Green Bay was totally uncompetitive against average to good competition, except the Steelers, who have historically under Mike Tomlin play down to their competition.

McCarthy is probably the most QB dependent coach in the entire league. 

8 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

did you watch the Packers last season? They were barely able to beat bottom 5 teams last year with Hundley. Green Bay was totally uncompetitive against average to good competition, except the Steelers, who have historically under Mike Tomlin play down to their competition.

McCarthy is probably the most QB dependent coach in the entire league. 

I seriously doubt any coach was gonna have much success if he had to rely on Hundley to lead his offense.   I suspect Hundley is one of those guys who looks good at practice all week and then bombs in the games.   Thankfully McCarthy and our GM saw the error of their ways and traded for Kizer.  Kizer looks like he has more physical tools than Hundley.  He can't be much worse.

8 hours ago, Pugger said:

I seriously doubt any coach was gonna have much success if he had to rely on Hundley to lead his offense.   I suspect Hundley is one of those guys who looks good at practice all week and then bombs in the games.   Thankfully McCarthy and our GM saw the error of their ways and traded for Kizer.  Kizer looks like he has more physical tools than Hundley.  He can't be much worse.

Its good that they are trying something else. I was never much a fan of Hundley and never understood the massive hype he got. 

To be fair though, we all pimp the backup QB, so I can't blame GB fans too much haha

Maybe Kizer is everything Hundley was supposed to be. My understanding is that your teams FO loved Kizer pre-draft so maybe it works out.

Rodgers better get that deal done soon!!!?

27 minutes ago, Danger said:
On 5/24/2018 at 3:14 PM, Spartacus said:

Not saying he should be in the top 5 but Mike Mccarthy is criminally underrated on this forum. 

McCarthy has been a product of Aaron Rodgers.

I very much disagree with this. But I will say that I think McCarthy has been affected more than most by the continuously depreciating OTAs and camps from the CBAs

I would have Mike in the top 10 coaches still, quite easily, and I would have Andy Reid top 3. 

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:43 AM, OleXmad said:

1. Bill Bellicheck

2. Doug Pederson

4. Mike Zimmer

5. Mike Tomlin

9.  Ron Rivera 

10. Andy Reid.

Lol I'm glad you watch first take and have that opinion.

How about you go watch the 5 INTs and tell me how many you think we're truly Peterman's fault. 

Here's the perception of the move from Bills fans and media. It's a little more difficult to understand than the general perception but ill walk u thru it.

New coach, new regime, 2017 was a rebuilding year. They knew Tyrod wasn't the answer at QB (Bills ranked dead in passing O last 3 seasons) and the Bills also knew they were drafting a qB in the 1st round this year.

I'd much rather have a coach that doesn't accept mediocrity and had the balls to say "Alright Tyrods definitely not the answer, I might get heat for it but lets see what we have in this rookie before we invest in a 1st round QB".

I'll spin it around, so this Bills team finished 9-7 with a QB that threw 5 INTs?!?! Damn he must've been super solid and sound in every other decision they made.

You also don't "luck" into the playoffs. The Bills won 9 games last year with a roster that doesn't have a whole lot of talent on it.

By adding Star Louteli, Vontae Davis, Tremaine Edmunds, Josh Allen and Chris Ivory; the roster is slowly improving but don't get it twisted they are still rebuilding.

27 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Lol I'm glad you watch first take and have that opinion.

How about you go watch the 5 INTs and tell me how many you think we're truly Peterman's fault. 

Here's the perception of the move from Bills fans and media. It's a little more difficult to understand than the general perception but ill walk u thru it.

New coach, new regime, 2017 was a rebuilding year. They knew Tyrod wasn't the answer at QB (Bills ranked dead in passing O last 3 seasons) and the Bills also knew they were drafting a qB in the 1st round this year.

I'd much rather have a coach that doesn't accept mediocrity and had the balls to say "Alright Tyrods definitely not the answer, I might get heat for it but lets see what we have in this rookie before we invest in a 1st round QB".

I'll spin it around, so this Bills team finished 9-7 with a QB that threw 5 INTs?!?! Damn he must've been super solid and sound in every other decision they made.

You also don't "luck" into the playoffs. The Bills won 9 games last year with a roster that doesn't have a whole lot of talent on it.

By adding Star Louteli, Vontae Davis, Tremaine Edmunds, Josh Allen and Chris Ivory; the roster is slowly improving but don't get it twisted they are still rebuilding.

I don't, haven't watched ESPN in years mate not even for the draft anymore. 

You literally lucked into the playoffs, if the Bengals don't beat the ravens you don't make the playoffs.

Of course you're rebuilding, your team actually got worse compared to last year. 

4 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

I don't, haven't watched ESPN in years mate not even for the draft anymore. 

You literally lucked into the playoffs, if the Bengals don't beat the ravens you don't make the playoffs.

Of course you're rebuilding, your team actually got worse compared to last year. 

The Bills are probably one of the bottom 5 teams in the league next year, not because of poor planning but because of where they are in the process of building. Buffalo wouldn't have taken Josh Allen if you were in a win now mode. But by all means, keep pretending the Bills' front office's main focus is this upcoming season. 

Archived