Deshone Kizer Appreciation Thread

FGK

28 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

I think he has the potential to be good to very good in the future, but for now he is just lost in the sauce. I read in this and the other thread how it is because he is surrounded by scrubs and no talent and yet...Hogan goes out with those same people and it looks like a completely different team. This is why I say he is just not ready to be playing. By preseason next year I expect him to have surpassed where Hogan is now at but he is no where close currently. 

At this point, I think it has nothing to do with skill level and more about him doing exactly what Hue asks. Hue is not going to throw him under the bus but he will not tolerate a young QB cooking up his own food in Hue's kitchen.

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

At this point, I think it has nothing to do with skill level and more about him doing exactly what Hue asks. Hue is not going to throw him under the bus but he will not tolerate a young QB cooking up his own food in Hue's kitchen.

I think it's things like redzone turnovers and such that point to situational awareness.

Kizer needs to learn sometimes the best play is a throw away or sack.  He can't continue to take points off the board.

48 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Not to overreact here, but if the above is true, I'm afraid that Hue has/is starting to lose the locker-room. Some may chalk it up to youthful immaturity, but still, I'm not sure exactly what you do about it.

or he just lost the dude who was immature and maybe brian kelly was right about him?

just playin devils advocate

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

or he just lost the dude who was immature and maybe brian kelly was right about him?

just playin devils advocate

Could be the case as well. I'm not going to pretend to understand the mind of a 21 year old 2nd rounder who was projected to be the 1st pick of the draft going into his RS Sophomore year, after stunning success as a RS Freshman in an inspiring 2014 Buckeye-like "I was the 3rd string QB and then a couple of dudes got hurt so now I'm the starter and I play lights out and lead my team to a BCS Bowl playing hero ball", has a disappointing sophomore season, declares for the draft despite publicly being called out by his coach, falls to the 2nd round, and then flounders in his first 5 games.

5 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Hue threw him under the bus when he refused to scale back his offense and refused to run the ball at least as much or more than he passes it. It's a little unbelievable to me that he's done this now in back to back seasons to his rookie QBs. There's no way anyone should be confident about his ability to develop an even higher pick rookie QB next year.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

DeShone Kizer just liked a tweet saying “The Browns are and have always will be the worst organization in the league” #Browns

Someone was saying there was more to the tweet.

Apparently it was a former NFL player and Toledo alum who more or less said "keep you're head up, blah blah blah about the Browns".

Perhaps he was just liking there "keep your head up" part.

I honeslty can see Hue losing a locker room full of unproven nobodies thus far.  Other former players loved the dude and the vets here do as well.  

Id have to imagine we're looking into this a bit too far.

4 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Hue threw him under the bus when he refused to scale back his offense and refused to run the ball at least as much or more than he passes it. It's a little unbelievable to me that he's done this now in back to back seasons to his rookie QBs. There's no way anyone should be confidant about his ability to develop an even higher picked rookie QB next year.

If only he'd done it before.....*cough Andy Dalton Joe Flacco cough*

1 minute ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Lol we are the worst organization in football and I have seen nothing to show we'll get any better any time soon. Kizer ain't wrong homies. Accept the nihilism. It's a game. 

If you say something negative about your employer/do something negative, that's unacceptable in any profession, whether you're right/Kizer's right or wrong. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If only he'd done it before.....*cough Andy Dalton Joe Flacco cough*

Hue has been a good OC before but I think it's overblown to say he "developed" Dalton & Flacco.

As the QB coach when Flacco was drafted he was certainly part of the process but that was Cam Cameron's offense. And they led the league in rush attempts Flacco's first year. And were again among league leaders in year 2.

Hue's first year with Dalton was actually one of Dalton's worst. And it was clear the team approach, after drafting Jeremy Hill, was to lean more on a running game. They ran the ball a lot more than they passed it in Hue's two seasons as the OC. Dalton was super efficient in year 2 probably as a result.

15 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Hue has been a good OC before but I think it's overblown to say he "developed" Dalton & Flacco.

As the QB coach when Flacco was drafted he was certainly part of the process but that was Cam Cameron's offense. And they led the league in rush attempts Flacco's first year. And were again among league leaders in year 2.

Hue's first year with Dalton was actually one of Dalton's worst. And it was clear the team approach, after drafting Jeremy Hill, was to lean more on a running game. They ran the ball a lot more than they passed it in Hue's two seasons as the OC. Dalton was super efficient in year 2 probably as a result.

He's a coach, not a miracle worker.

I'm just not sure how Hue is being criticized for not developing a mid round talent like Kessler or a 21 year old guy 6 weeks into his career.

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He's a coach, not a miracle worker.

I'm just not sure how Hue is being criticized for not developing a mid round talent like Kessler or a 21 year old guy 6 weeks into his career.

I'm not criticizing him for not developing them, I'm criticizing him for basically wrecking them.

You don't throw inexperienced QBs to the wolves and expect Peyton Manning.

Archived