Deshone Kizer Appreciation Thread

FGK

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I certainly wouldn't.

IMO if a ball hits both hands of a receiver he "takes ownership" of that pass. That's any qb and any WR.

It wasn't a great throw by any means, but it Kenny Britt is being paid 8 million per year to do more than make catches that hit him between the numbers.

No WR is being paid to make a catch that is behind them while they are running the opposite direction. If they were they wouldn't be getting paid minimum wage because no receiver makes those catches even 10% of the time. Behind them on a streak route, the WR is responsible if it hits their hands. On a crossing route absolutely not, catching 1 out of 10 would be a great percentage. Even then you better have huge sticky hands like OBJ or Josh Gordon.

Kizer ain't the guy. I'm confident in saying it now. Good QBs elevate the guys around them. He doesn't do that. There's a reason why Tom Brady can throw to *insert any nameless white receiver here* and put points on the board. Who knows, he may figure it out and turn things around and make me look stupid. Maybe his coach is holding him back? But if I was a betting man, I wouldn't put money on him leading this team next season. 

33 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

As much as I believe Kizer isn't the long term answer for many reasons, I don't know what any QB is supposed to achieve with this sorry surrounding cast. Let alone an extremely raw rookie.

It was likely to be ugly either way, but much like the Rams did with Goff this past offseason, they really need to upgrade the skill talent around him.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It was likely to be ugly either way, but much like the Rams did with Goff this past offseason, they really need to upgrade the skill talent around him.

The Rams did a fantastic job in turning around the offense in a single offseason. That being said, the most important player was Goff. I loved him in college and was confident he'd prove his rookie season was natural growing pains. I don't feel the same about Kizer.

Happy to have him around and developing on the sidelines, because he at least has good physical capabilities. But I think he was a later second round pick for a reason.

I know we're only four games in, but unfortunately I'm already at the point where I'm also locked in on three or four QBs every Saturday evening.

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

The Rams did a fantastic job in turning around the offense in a single offseason. That being said, the most important player was Goff. I loved him in college and was confident he'd prove his rookie season was natural growing pains. I don't feel the same about Kizer.

Happy to have him around and developing on the sidelines, because he at least has good physical capabilities. But I think he was a later second round pick for a reason.

I know we're only four games in, but unfortunately I'm already at the point where I'm also locked in on three or four QBs every Saturday evening.

Kizer has just as much potential or more potential then every QB coming out next year outside of Donald. So keep locked in because they’re not better. Kizer was the number 1 QB for most of last season until Kelly screwed him. Kizer is fine and needs developed. Plus he’s walking out with the worst group of playmakers in the entire league. 

3 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Developing on the sidelines from next season, to clarify.

He might as well play this full season. Show some kind of progression or potential.

I disagree, when a project is clearly not ready, and you play them anyway on a team with no talent and no direction, all you are doing is damaging them, not letting them show progression or potential.  The potential was already there with the physical tools, what we have done is let him show regression, the opposite of progression.

As much as I hate to say this, I think a big part of the change for the Rams is a fresh start and moving on from Fisher.  I hate to say that because I like Fisher, I think he is a very shrewd coach, but he seems tired and a break (maybe permanent) may be whats best for him.  It was certainly what was best for that team.

30 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Kizer ain't the guy. I'm confident in saying it now. Good QBs elevate the guys around them. He doesn't do that. There's a reason why Tom Brady can throw to *insert any nameless white receiver here* and put points on the board. Who knows, he may figure it out and turn things around and make me look stupid. Maybe his coach is holding him back? But if I was a betting man, I wouldn't put money on him leading this team next season. 

That's a bunch of horse-hockey! Take a look at Troy Aikman's and Terry Bradshaw's stats their first couple of years in the NFL when they were on awful teams. Kizer is the 3rd youngest QB ever to start a season for a NFL team and not many have had a more pathetic supporting cast around them on offense. I'm not saying he's going to be the guy to turn the franchise around but your rationale about good QBs elevating the guys around them is just plain silly.

4 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Kizer has just as much potential or more potential then every QB coming out next year outside of Donald. So keep locked in because they’re not better. Kizer was the number 1 QB for most of last season until Kelly screwed him. Kizer is fine and needs developed. Plus he’s walking out with the worst group of playmakers in the entire league. 

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Kelly is an idiot but Kizer screwed himself by playing poorly. I think he's inaccurate (the death knell for a QB IMO) and not adept at reading defenses, or playing with poise and an understanding of situations within the game.

10 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Kelly is an idiot but Kizer screwed himself by playing poorly. I think he's inaccurate (the death knell for a QB IMO) and not adept at reading defenses, or playing with poise and an understanding of situations within the game.

I think it is to early to take this position. this is due to the betrayal by his wide receivers, especially Kenneth. 

Archived