Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheVillain112

2018 OTA Talk

Recommended Posts

Instead of causing mild heart attacks bumping old threads, I figured we could use a general comment OTA thread.  I'll go first, ya'll see how jacked Carl Lawson is at OTAs???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really love this time of year. Everyone is healthy and looks good. No way we don't win the Super Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he keeps his quick, stength is going to make him really hard to stop. 

Also heard green was balling out, but what's new. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering what personnel decision this year will irritate me the most that Marvin makes:

  • Playing LaFell over Ross/Boyd
  • Playing Michael Johnson at DE over Willis/Lawson
  • Playing Vinny Rey at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm wondering what personnel decision this year will irritate me the most that Marvin makes:

  • Playing LaFell over Ross/Boyd
  • Playing Michael Johnson at DE over Willis/Lawson
  • Playing Vinny Rey at all

I'd be shocked if we didn't get at least 2 of those 3 to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beck Bristow said:
19 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm wondering what personnel decision this year will irritate me the most that Marvin makes:

  • Playing LaFell over Ross/Boyd
  • Playing Michael Johnson at DE over Willis/Lawson
  • Playing Vinny Rey at all

I'd be shocked if we didn't get at least 2 of those 3 to happen.

Oh yeah, those are all happening.  At least at the beginning of the year.  I can't imagine a scenario where Lafell doesn't start day 1.  I can imagine Johnson not starting, but think it's still likely he does.  Vinny is definitely going to play.  Maybe not start, but he'll see the field the quite a bit.  Especially with Burfict out to start the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, theJ said:

Vinny is definitely going to play.  Maybe not start, but he'll see the field the quite a bit.  Especially with Burfict out to start the season.

This is what's going to annoy me the most.  Preston Brown, Vigil, and Evans should be our starters.  With Malik being first off the bench IMO.  Hoping Vigil makes a jump this season.  I'm going to be mad when Rey starts over Evans.

Rey should be 5th, and when Burfict comes back 6th option.  Heck, we should be signing more LBs so he's not even on the roster...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I know we don't invest premium picks at linebacker that often so it's not expected to be a position overflowing with talent, but boy do we suck at developing them.

Maualuga, Dawson, Lamur, Dimanche, Flowers, Rey, Minter, Dansby, Hawk, Porter, Moch. The bolded we recruited in FA.

Burfict has been our only quality starter for the past half decade. Hopefully Preston Brown brings something to the table, but he doesn't seem like a guy who we want on the field in passing situations; which is what ---- +70% of the time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

 

I'd like to thank @johndeere1707 for making this trade possible

 

I’d like to think it came up during one of Mike Browns monthly suggestion box meetings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I’d like to think it came up during one of Mike Browns monthly suggestion box meetings. 

Nah.  He browses this site.  I had us trading McCarron for him before the arbitrator deemed him an U-RFA.  You definitely nailed the details  (trading back and acquiring Glenn).  Either way we are all glad it worked out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Nah.  He browses this site.  I had us trading McCarron for him before the arbitrator deemed him an U-RFA.  You definitely nailed the details  (trading back and acquiring Glenn).  Either way we are all glad it worked out

I sent it in to Hobson too and he posted it. I’m sure Mike Brown reads every word Hobson writes before he posts anything 

Edited by johndeere1707

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Word is Lawson is a full time DE now (and ridiculously jacked).  I hope he is the starter at RE

Dd5Ve9aU0AARyeP.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Word is Lawson is a full time DE now (and ridiculously jacked).  I hope he is the starter at RE

It either has to be him or Jordan Willis.  Depends how they feel about Lawson defending the run.  He definitely looks like he can do it now.

Michael Johnson can't start again.  He probably shouldn't even make the team.

To me it doesn't matter who starts.  They're both going to play a ton.  Honestly i'd move Dunlap inside on passing downs and play them both at LE and RE.  I'd move Dunlap inside since the only thing he wants to do in pass rush situations is jump anyway.

They also have to figure out how to get Sam Hubbard on the field too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×