2022 NFC North Fantasy Football League Discussion (2022 Keeper Deadline August 4th at 8pm CENTRAL)

squire12

4 minutes ago, Pool said:

Sorry it was week 5 that he started Denver on a bye. Knox> Asiasi by a large margin. And he started him twice for 0 points. C'mon its beyond obvious what he was doing. Never made any roster pickups to better his team etc and the topper is the team name is literally Tank For Travis. We had discussed loss of draft pick or slotting them down a spot for every week they tanked. 

3 minutes ago, Pool said:

So you want what specifically?

I know things were discussed.  From what I recall, nothing was spelled out on the penalties. 

I am looking for something beyond wanting action.  Give some details based on specifics.

Just now, squire12 said:

So you want what specifically?

I know things were discussed.  From what I recall, nothing was spelled out on the penalties. 

I am looking for something beyond wanting action.  Give some details based on specifics.

Move Jabroni to 1st draft position, tank for travis to 2nd, baby got brisket to 3rd at minimum.

Just now, squire12 said:

I know it was discussed.   Nothing got spelled out.  Are we dropping a spot in 3rd round?  2nd round?  1st round?  Every round?

Why did you not speak more about this last year?

I say every round. One freebie(we all make mistakes) and second infraction you lose a draft position for every round. If you finish 8th you get bumped to 7th. 6th to 5th etc.

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I know it was discussed.   Nothing got spelled out.  Are we dropping a spot in 3rd round?  2nd round?  1st round?  Every round?

I spoke about it plenty prior to this season and last season. Last season I didn't speak up about Gnat and I should have. If we want this league to be competitive we can't let people tank. It ruins the league imo.

On 6/2/2020 at 7:41 PM, squire12 said:

Looking to get owners checked in for the 2020 season.   I need confirmation on whether you are returning or not.

@Pool, @persiandud, @Bigbear72, @DannyB, @Nzd07, @The Gnat, @X_Factor_40, @HeydudemanG, @VikeManDan

If there are any rule modifications that need to be discussed and voted on, please bring them forward

1.  Penalties for not setting a full lineup/tanking

Draft order

1. Heydudeman
2.  DannyB
3.   Nzd07
4.  X_Factor
5. squire
6.  BigBear
7. Vikemandan
8. The Gnat
9. Pool
10.  Persiandud

8 hours ago, Pool said:

Move Jabroni to 1st draft position, tank for travis to 2nd, baby got brisket to 3rd at minimum.

8 hours ago, squire12 said:

8 hours ago, Pool said:

I spoke about it plenty prior to this season and last season. Last season I didn't speak up about Gnat and I should have. If we want this league to be competitive we can't let people tank. It ruins the league imo.

I am having a hard time seeing the not speaking up last year shifting to drop them a spot for each infraction so your team moves to the 1st pick as something that has strong personal benefits.

This league has been lacking the ability to put forth specifics in how this should be handled.

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I am having a hard time seeing the not speaking up last year shifting to drop them a spot for each infraction so your team moves to the 1st pick as something that has strong personal benefits.

This league has been lacking the ability to put forth specifics in how this should be handled.

I'm not following you. We all agreed there would be penalties for tanking. I did not tank. The other two teams that ended up behind me in the standings did. How is it fair if they get rewarded with better draft position for this behavior? Your post from before this season said that tankers would be punished with loss of draft picks (which I think is too harsh) and reduction in keepers(again too harsh). What am I missing here? What is your issue with enforcing the rules? And yes, I get that it benefits me. And it should. I played within the rules so obviously I scored more points than them and played competitive matches. I don't understand your hesitation on enforcing the rules. 

Just now, Pool said:

I'm not following you. We all agreed there would be penalties for tanking. I did not tank. The other two teams that ended up behind me in the standings did. How is it fair if they get rewarded with better draft position for this behavior?

Last year you did not speak up about an owner when you were picking 9th.  No benefit to you in changing your draft pick slot.  This year it is vastly different in how it would change your draft slot.

Just now, Pool said:

Your post from before this season said that tankers would be punished with loss of draft picks (which I think is too harsh) and reduction in keepers(again too harsh).

What was agreed to?  Ideas were kicked around.  Dropping spots was the general concept.  Was 1 spot each round, 1 spot in the 4th, or 3rd?

Removing draft picks was an idea.

Just now, Pool said:

What am I missing here? What is your issue with enforcing the rules? And yes, I get that it benefits me. And it should. I played within the rules so obviously I scored more points than them and played competitive matches. I don't understand your hesitation on enforcing the rules. 

I am trying to see what the specific penalties were agreed to.

Yes you played by the rules.never been a question that I have raised.

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Last year you did not speak up about an owner when you were picking 9th.  No benefit to you in changing your draft pick slot.  This year it is vastly different in how it would change your draft slot.

What was agreed to?  Ideas were kicked around.  Dropping spots was the general concept.  Was 1 spot each round, 1 spot in the 4th, or 3rd?

Removing draft picks was an idea.

I am trying to see what the specific penalties were agreed to.

Yes you played by the rules.never been a question that I have raised.

I have no vested interest in this debate other than I am definitely anti-tanking.  That being said, as someone who is running a league, and given the fact that suggestions were given and discussed, shouldn't you have finalized the rules or at the very least put it to a vote?  As team managers we don't have the capability to do this (unless I missed something).

• Like 1

Last year the tank jobs weren't as blatant for one, and for two I'm not the commissioner. Obviously I am going to speak up this year as I feel cheated. Not so much last year. Penalty has to include the 1st round. Dropping them a round in the 2nd, 3rd etc is not enough of a deterrent. I mean, would it stop you from tanking and getting 1st overall pick knowing you might forfeit your second? Probably not. Heck most people would trade their 1st and 2nd pick to get 1 overall. 

Lol over my TE selection? I'm in leagues with Squire, my team I took over in the league was literally terrible and you were having problems filling it, no picks and no decent players either but I signed up for a long rebuild. I missed a week due to hunting trip, but every week I had a full lineup of players that were playing. Dawson Knox was out most of the year, I didn't switch it back because to be honest, until the last two weeks it didn't matter, neither scored. 

We shouldn't punish the other team, as that owner should just be kicked out, and taking over that roster with punitive draft picks is going to leave you in the same boat. 

I don't see any agreed upon rule either for not setting a proper lineup. It's fantasy football and not a job, so I'd have strongly vetoed anything that didn't have a grace week in it. 

I'll also add that you are the commissioner and said before the season that tanking would be met with loss of draft picks and reduction of keepers. I think that ended the discussion. I mean, you laid out what the penalties would be. How you want to enforce those is up to you I guess, or a league vote. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol over my TE selection? I'm in leagues with Squire, my team I took over in the league was literally terrible and you were having problems filling it, no picks and no decent players either but I signed up for a long rebuild. I missed a week due to hunting trip, but every week I had a full lineup of players that were playing. Dawson Knox was out most of the year, I didn't switch it back because to be honest, until the last two weeks it didn't matter, neither scored. 

We shouldn't punish the other team, as that owner should just be kicked out, and taking over that roster with punitive draft picks is going to leave you in the same boat. 

I don't see any agreed upon rule either for not setting a proper lineup. It's fantasy football and not a job, so I'd have strongly vetoed anything that didn't have a grace week in it. 

Are you going to argue that you played your team competitively? That you were trying to win games each week? That would be blatantly false. And you started a defense on a bye in week 5. So you didn't have one week of playing players on a bye, you had two. And yea, playing a guy who had 0 fantasy football points in back to back weeks is pretty blatant. So is starting Nkeal Harry. I'd bet there are 10 WR's on waivers right now with more fantasy points than him.