2022 NFC North Fantasy Football League Discussion (2022 Keeper Deadline August 4th at 8pm CENTRAL)

squire12

Why aren't we tagging the next guy up in the draft? I wouldn't have missed my pick had I been tagged by the previous guy. Wasn't sure how tight these slots were going to be, and it's all fine if we're just sticking hard to slots, but a little heads up about zero heads up would be cool.

This draft has thus far been anything but enjoyable. Some people we seem to give a large window before we jump them. I didn't even get tagged by the previous guy? People arguing about who is picking where and who has been taken? Why?

If the point is to kill the league with this draft experience we're well on our way if we keep doing what we've been doing. I guess I'm picking strictly when I'm listed to pick, right? @squire12? I'd rather not make getting skipped turn into a regular thing when sometimes we'll skip people, sometimes we wont, etc.

We should ONLY be drafting in the draft thread and keeping the discussion to this thread.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, X_Factor_40 said:

Why aren't we tagging the next guy up in the draft? I wouldn't have missed my pick had I been tagged by the previous guy. Wasn't sure how tight these slots were going to be, and it's all fine if we're just sticking hard to slots, but a little heads up about zero heads up would be cool.

This draft has thus far been anything but enjoyable. Some people we seem to give a large window before we jump them. I didn't even get tagged by the previous guy? People arguing about who is picking where and who has been taken? Why?

If the point is to kill the league with this draft experience we're well on our way if we keep doing what we've been doing. I guess I'm picking strictly when I'm listed to pick, right? @squire12? I'd rather not make getting skipped turn into a regular thing when sometimes we'll skip people, sometimes we wont, etc.

We should ONLY be drafting in the draft thread and keeping the discussion to this thread.

we have used time slots for the last few years.  It helps me to know when I will be able to pick so I can log on and check and make my pick when that time comes.  I understand that you will not get tagged if the owner ahead of you does not make there pick.  

If you have a suggestion for future seasons, please let me/us know.  In the past, having a open draft with no set times often leads to frustration as owners will go long spans of time for their pick (up to and sometimes past 24 hours).  

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

we have used time slots for the last few years.  It helps me to know when I will be able to pick so I can log on and check and make my pick when that time comes.  I understand that you will not get tagged if the owner ahead of you does not make there pick.  

If you have a suggestion for future seasons, please let me/us know.  In the past, having a open draft with no set times often leads to frustration as owners will go long spans of time for their pick (up to and sometimes past 24 hours).  

Next year we need to stick to the schedule. No waiting for someone to make their pick. If your time slot is up to pick then you pick. Period.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, squire12 said:

I'm always down for time slots.  
I prefer to slot out the entire draft before hand and so everyone knows exactly what's going on and can just write it all down and show up when it's their time to show up. We just have to stick to the plan once we make one. Maybe that means just slotting out the first round (either faster or slower - whatever people want) and then once that's over we slot out the remaining rounds at a constant clip after we leisurely make our first or first two picks. But once we start that we have to stick to it rather than not wanting to skip people - then people don't know to skip or not to skip and then half the league is waiting while the other half starts skipping the half that's waiting and it turns into a disaster. We all just need to show up and make our pick from there out. We should be fine the rest of the way, I'm assuming. I just think we need to be clear and strict from the start next year and for the rest of this year.

I think we're fine, and it's not a huge deal or anything, though.  The league as a whole just needs to follow directions and keep everything organized a little bit better as we finish things out and we should be good. Don't take anything personally. I think you do a great job with everything. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, X_Factor_40 said:

I'm always down for time slots.  
I prefer to slot out the entire draft before hand and so everyone knows exactly what's going on and can just write it all down and show up when it's their time to show up. We just have to stick to the plan once we make one. Maybe that means just slotting out the first round (either faster or slower - whatever people want) and then once that's over we slot out the remaining rounds at a constant clip after we leisurely make our first or first two picks. But once we start that we have to stick to it rather than not wanting to skip people - then people don't know to skip or not to skip and then half the league is waiting while the other half starts skipping the half that's waiting and it turns into a disaster. We all just need to show up and make our pick from there out. We should be fine the rest of the way, I'm assuming. I just think we need to be clear and strict from the start next year and for the rest of this year.

I think we're fine, and it's not a huge deal or anything, though.  The league as a whole just needs to follow directions and keep everything organized a little bit better as we finish things out and we should be good. Don't take anything personally. I think you do a great job with everything. 

@X_Factor_40  I think 1 issue is we started on a Thursday and ran into the weekend.  That was a bad decision on my part.  Summer in early august is tough with more life things going on.  

start on a Monday.  have longer time slots for the first round to ensure that owners do not get skipped.....OR not have time slots for the first week and then slot out the rest of the draft.  I also have a vacation starting next week, so getting this done before then was a priority for me, and hopefully will not be an issue next year.  

I also need to increase the positional limits.  I did not realize we had them, and with the increase in roster size from 18 to 24, I know there is an issue with WR and QB.  I have a message into ESPN to see if that can be adjusted during the draft.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@DannyB @Pool  @persiandud  @VikeManDan  @Bigbear72  @The Gnat  @X_Factor_40  @davisblack  @Nzd07 @squire12

Did the waiver order get changed from last  year? I could have swore we had rolling waivers and its now set to inverse order of the standings. Am I losing my marbles (entirely possible) or was the waiver system different in the past?

13 minutes ago, Pool said:

@DannyB@Pool  @persiandud  @VikeManDan  @Bigbear72  @The Gnat  @X_Factor_40  @davisblack  @Nzd07 @squire12

Did the waiver order get changed from last  year? I could have swore we had rolling waivers and its now set to inverse order of the standings. Am I losing my marbles (entirely possible) or was the waiver system different in the past?

I don't recall, and now that you mention it I wanted to go to the auction system but failed to mention it in the off-season.

16 minutes ago, Pool said:

@DannyB @Pool  @persiandud  @VikeManDan  @Bigbear72  @The Gnat  @X_Factor_40  @davisblack  @Nzd07 @squire12

I did not change anything.  But with the revamped site, some settings might have changed to a default settings.

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2018 at 10:35 PM, squire12 said:

Browsing through the teams today noticed Team Skittles starting several players on bye. Checked his lineup history and he also started Antonio Brown for 3 games. Pretty sure he only played one. What gives dude? Also, are we enforcing penalties? If so, what is it? 

• 2 weeks later...