Which team improved the most over the offseason? *On Paper

Humble_Beast

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

Only issue is they're in a tough division. Packers with a healthy Rodgers, A Kirk Cousins led Vikings squad, a Lions unit that always plays much better than people give them credit for... even with the improvements, still might be a tough division to win.

From a competitive standpoint, this is going to come down to the final week of the season - nobody here is going to be in a spot to rest starters or compete for a bye, IMO.

I meant moreso the offense as a whole. Not so much the team. That is not an easy division to make strides in much like the AFC North a few years ago when all 3 made the playoffs and Cleveland couldn't do anything vs them. 

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I meant moreso the offense as a whole. Not so much the team. That is not an easy division to make strides in much like the AFC North a few years ago when all 3 made the playoffs and Cleveland couldn't do anything vs them. 

Oh yeah - Trubisky and Howard are both Fantasy sleepers for me (along with everyone else, I'd imagine).

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I think the Browns have to be one of the top 2-3 teams at worst in this category - but one point I'd allude to - 2016's team was awful, truly 1-win worthy talent-wise.   Last year's team should have won 3-4 games IMO.   Hue Jackson's decisions were at least a 2-game loser on his own (keeping Kizer out there for TEN turnovers inside the opponent's 5-yard line, yes 10, horrible clock management like calling for a QB sneak with less than 20 secs left in the half and no TO's...and not scoring, putting Duke Johnson on the bench for 4th down plays, thinking Peppers should play anywhere but SS with his skill set, etc.).   

I still think they improved roster-wise by 4+ wins, but I'm not basing a 5-7W team as talent-wise being 5-7 W's better from last year - while I'm not a huge Todd Haley fan, I think having him call plays is probably a 2-W upgrade on Hue alone.

Yup. The Browns were a bad team last year, but they should not have gone winless. They went winless due to awful coaching and horrible QB play.

On paper, the Browns have definitely improved a lot. And they have other young guys who are poised to take the next step. But a lot of their talent is still unproven for the most part. I'm not ready to say they'll win more than four or five games, mainly because of Hue. Him not calling plays on offense is definitely a good thing, though.

We've talked plenty about several of the drafting-at-the-top NFL teams that had an successful offseason. Lots of high draft picks and massive FA spending

How about a formerly top team that is trying to regain its form after a rough 2017 ?

2018 Green Bay Packers added:

Aaron Rodgers

Mo Wilkerson

Jimmy Graham, Marcedes Lewis

CBs Tramon Williams, Jaire Alexander, Josh Jackson

locked up Davante Adams, drafted 3 WRs

2 RBs from 2017 ready to make the second year leap: Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams

New General Manager in Brian Gutekunst

New Defensive Coordinator in Mike Pettine and new Offensive Coordinator in Joe Philbin - both former HCs.

Those are some significant moves . I think its a stretch goal to add 5 wins to their 7 win campaign from 2017.... but its not out of the realm of possibilities that the Packers could make a similar leap in the W/L column as some of the other teams mentioned in this thread.

On 6/19/2018 at 9:46 AM, Shanedorf said:

We've talked plenty about several of the drafting-at-the-top NFL teams that had an successful offseason. Lots of high draft picks and massive FA spending

How about a formerly top team that is trying to regain its form after a rough 2017 ?

2018 Green Bay Packers added:

Aaron Rodgers

Mo Wilkerson

Jimmy Graham, Marcedes Lewis

CBs Tramon Williams, Jaire Alexander, Josh Jackson

locked up Davante Adams, drafted 3 WRs

2 RBs from 2017 ready to make the second year leap: Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams

New General Manager in Brian Gutekunst

New Defensive Coordinator in Mike Pettine and new Offensive Coordinator in Joe Philbin - both former HCs.

Those are some significant moves . I think its a stretch goal to add 5 wins to their 7 win campaign from 2017.... but its not out of the realm of possibilities that the Packers could make a similar leap in the W/L column as some of the other teams mentioned in this thread.

As  a Bears fan I have had quiet resentment to the Packers' offseason, I like a lot of the moves they made.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

As  a Bears fan I have had quiet resentment to the Packers' offseason, I like a lot of the moves they made.

As a Packers fan I have had quiet resentment to the Bears' offseason, I like a lot of the moves they made 

kudos and see you for the season opener...B|

On 6/18/2018 at 1:36 AM, stl4life07 said:

You make sense about the Browns. They aren’t going to be the same team that only won 1 game in the past two seasons. They revamped their team. 

I mean they added Tyrod Taylor, Carlos Hyde, Demarious Randall, Eric Kendricks, Jarvis Landry, EJ Gaines, Josh Gordon and Chris Hubbard as veterans.

Then if you look at the rookies like Baker Mayfield, Denzel Ward, Antonio Callaway and Nick Chubb as impact players from day 1. (Baker later on)

The team basically added 11-12 starting caliber players ranging from 'solid' to 'above average' all the way to 'pro bowl' level. Not to mention they get Jamie Collins and Myles Garrett back healthy. This could be a fun year. I think its a realistic 6-8 win season used as a stepping stone into whats next.

Im just glad, for the first time since forever that I can actually wake up Sunday morning, crack a crispy cool refreshing Busch heavy, make a bowl of Count Chocula and legitimately be excited for the Browns game to start because they might win.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Im just glad, for the first time since forever that I can actually wake up Sunday morning, crack a crispy cool refreshing Busch heavy, make a bowl of Count Chocula and legitimately be excited for the Browns game to start because they might win.

giphy.gif

Archived