Which team improved the most over the offseason? *On Paper

Humble_Beast

5 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Of the contending teams, I think you have to throw the Vikes into the mix. Adding Cousins should be an upgrade over Keemum and stabilizes the position. The Vikes didn't really lose anyone of note either minus Joe Berger.

The Vikes didn't lose anyone on defense but had a glaring hole for an interior pass rusher. Sheldon Richardson is a big add to the defense.

Adding competition at nickel CB with first round pick Mike Hughes is also big. 

OL really didn't improve but I don't think they got worse either. Guess we will see how much Keenum helped them out.

Cousins is the only productive player they’ve added. Richardson and Hughes are potential types. 

Cooks, Suh, Peters, and Talib are bonafide NFL stars. Then they also had a good draft in terms of potential/2019 upside. 

Of the NFC contenders, they’ve pretty clearly added the most on paper. Behind them I’d say Green Bay and then the Vikings after that. 

I want to say the Eagles solidfied themselves as the clear favorite to win the Super Bowl on paper. Additions from injury alone are Jason Peters, Darren Sproles, Donnel Pumphrey, Carson Wentz, and Sidney Jones. Then they added Mike Wallace, Richard Rodgers, Michael Bennett, Haloti Ngata, and drafted Dallas Goedert and Josh Sweat to add to an already stacked roster. The Eagles are absolutely loaded and can definitely win all of their games this season. Their schedule is so tough that it won't be easy or likely, but they will be competitive in every single game they play regardless of matchup. If their schedule wasn't so daunting then they would be my lock to win the Super Bowl. I think we'd be looking at a Super Bowl rematch with the Patriots but the NFC is too loaded so my pick has been the Saints.

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I want to say the Eagles solidfied themselves as the clear favorite to win the Super Bowl on paper. Additions from injury alone are Jason Peters, Darren Sproles, Donnel Pumphrey, Carson Wentz, and Sidney Jones. Then they added Mike Wallace, Richard Rodgers, Michael Bennett, Haloti Ngata, and drafted Dallas Goedert and Josh Sweat to add to an already stacked roster. The Eagles are absolutely loaded and can definitely win all of their games this season. Their schedule is so tough that it won't be easy or likely, but they will be competitive in every single game they play regardless of matchup. If their schedule wasn't so daunting then they would be my lock to win the Super Bowl. I think we'd be looking at a Super Bowl rematch with the Patriots but the NFC is too loaded so my pick has been the Saints.

Darren sproles retired.

14 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I don't know if they improved from opening day roster to opening day roster. I think they stayed the same. They pretty much replaced players they lost. You can go back and forth which if they upgraded or down graded at each spot but it would be pretty even.

So I think the Eagles Stayed-the-Samest this off season :D

Chicago, Cleveland, and the Rams all look to have improved a lot

Now let's see if it translates on the field. I'm hoping Chicago makes a big step forward. The NFC North currently goes exclusively through MIN right now, I'd like to see that gap closing at least. 

On 5/28/2018 at 5:28 PM, Humble_Beast said:

People are sleeping but are the Raiders the most improve team over the offseason?

• Keep the core: Carr, Cooper, Mack, and the interior of the offensive line
  • Added a legendary coach, replaced a lousy coach in Del Rio
  • Team weakness: DT and  CB adressed. Added maybe the best DT in the draft Maurice Hurst, and a small school freak in PJ Hall. Added Darryl Worley and Rashan Melvin who have thrive as starters on Carolina and Colts. Nick Nelson could have been a day 2 pick without injury. Plus former high picks will play this year in Conely and Obi in their secondary
  • Added the best LT in the draft in Kolton Miller and added another potential starting RT in Brandon Parker
  • Rid of all the divas and bad characters: Crabtree, King, Aldon
  • Wideouts dropped too many passes, brought in Bryant (Steelers), Jordy Nelson, and Ryan Switzer
  • Arden Key is a boom or bust but if he booms, Mack and Key will be lethal
  • Derrik Johnson provides stability as the new defensive leader
  • Tahir Whitehead improves the talent level at LB, Michael Gilchrist does same for Safety spot
  • Picked up the best kicker in the draft, and a top punter

People laugh at the Hackenberg, Wright, and Leon Hall moves but Gruden made a lot of moves. Those guys are unlikely to make the team

Lol, our offseason has been interesting, but not even close to the best.  I wouldnt say it was awful like some, but it wasnt great by any means.  Our draft was a disappointment the first 3 picks and then lots of boom or bust guys after that.  I do like the WR moves and I think the coaching staff was the biggest move of the offseason.  I dont see our coaching getting worse than what it was last season.  I would personally put us around the 18-22 mark as far as best offseasons go.

It's probably the Packers.  Wilkerson signed a prove it deal, he could get close to who he was.  Graham was wasted in Seattle, he won't be in Green Bay.  The draft fixed our cornerback problems, and so did our free agency (went from Randall, Rollins, House, King to Williams, House, King, Alexander, Jackson, Rollins).  We also added solid depth at tight end, OL.  Also, if health counts, we went from Hundley to Rodgers. 

If you consider injuries healing, there really isn't any question... The Packers have been the most improved from last year to this year. 

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

You heard it here first folks. Thats the thread!

I'm not acting biased.  I don't really know what you think is so damn funny.  If you don't consider going from Brett Hundley to Aaron Rodgers, plus Graham, Wilkerson, 2 top corner rookies and a new defensive coordinator the biggest improvement in the NFL this season, you're not really thinking. 

Really don't know why you're acting so arrogant about that statement.  Has there been another team that is going from Hundley level QB to Rodgers level QB? 

I change my mind, the Raiders had a super duper better improvement.  So much better, OMG, what was I thinking?

Bengals improved pretty drastically, a lot of which can be attributed to addition by subtraction. Russell Bodine, arguably the NFLs worst starting center over the past 4 seasons has signed with Buffalo; and he's been replaced by a first round talent in Billy Price. The importance of this move cannot be overstated. Especially considering Dalton's ability to operate in a clean pocket without pressure in his face to disrupt his rhythm, timing and anticipation. He's the perfect example of a player who is only as good as his supporting cast. Which sounds entirely negative, but it also means he has the ability to thrive when circumstances are great. Take Dalton's 2015 season for instance. He was legitimately in the MVP race until Week 14 when broke his thumb versus Pittsburgh; he was 10-2 during that stretch. Our offence then consisted of a great offensive line (Whitworth-Boling-Bodine-Zeitler-A. Smith) and premier weapons at Dalton's disposable (Green, M. Jones, Sanu, Eifert). If Ross and Eifert can stay healthy, we have enough receivers who can separate and make plays for Dalton. We're inching closer to that 2015 team.

I think with the additions of Cordy Glenn, Billy Price and coach Frank Pollack (former coach of Cowboys premier line) our offense line will be formidable. Our offense, and consequently our season depends on it. And frankly I'm pretty optimistic. People are writing us off too easily. I think we're going to be right back into the playoff hunt after a down season.

6 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

If you consider injuries healing, there really isn't any question... The Packers have been the most improved from last year to this year

JJ Watt, Whitney Mercilius and Deshaun Watson say "no".

12 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

It's probably the Packers.  Wilkerson signed a prove it deal, he could get close to who he was.  Graham was wasted in Seattle, he won't be in Green Bay.  The draft fixed our cornerback problems, and so did our free agency (went from Randall, Rollins, House, King to Williams, House, King, Alexander, Jackson, Rollins).  We also added solid depth at tight end, OL.  Also, if health counts, we went from Hundley to Rodgers. 

If you consider injuries healing, there really isn't any question... The Packers have been the most improved from last year to this year. 

Spot on!!!!

Archived