2018 NBA Finals: The Warriors vs LeBron Pt. 4

RavensTillIDie

41 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

No, but he formed a "super team" long before Durant ever did. 

And lol at calling out Curry in all of this. Kid has spent his entire career on 1 team, is he supposed to forcibly say no to the team exec's when Durant comes over?

Lebron would have done the exact same thing, but few all stars actually want to play with him. 

And the Celtics built one before LeBron.

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Eventually you have to ask yourself why Love and Bosh got so much worse after joining with Lebron and why Irving wanted out so bad. The truth is that Lebron is an all time great player who can carry a team but he doesn’t really make the guys around him better. He makes all stars into role players and Irving wasn’t having any of it. His first Cleveland team was terrible but it wasn’t for lack of trying. They were bringing in guys and they all failed to play at previous levels. 

That's exactly what I said. People didn't like that. LeBron forces his teammates to play LeBron basketball, even when that doesn't maximize their abilities. That's different from a guy like Steph who allows his teammates to do whatever is best for their game. Now, Steph can't carry a team like LeBron, but the point is that the Cavs' supporting cast seems bad because the system doesn't maximize their skill-sets. No-name guys come off the bench with Golden State, Boston, San Antonio, Houston, etc. and look good. Meanwhile, guys who started for other teams end up looking bad in Cleveland. That should speak volumes.

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

LMAO I'm still laughing about this.  JR Smith gets the rebound and he thinks the Cavs are ahead, then at the last second he's thinking.... Oh crap, the game is tied and we need a shot.

But damn man, if George Hill just makes that FT.

If Hill makes the FT, the Warriors have 4.7 seconds from half-court to get a shot off to win the game.

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

George Hill, the 81% free throw shooter who missed the game winning free throw is the luckiest man in America. 

Next time you rewatch the replay of the JR play, go back a few seconds and just look at the expression on Hill's face before the free throws.

Thousand yard stare. 

It was so clear. He was shook. You could almost tell he wasn't making that 2nd free throw.

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

George Hill, the 81% free throw shooter who missed the game winning free throw is the luckiest man in America. 

But there were still 4.7 seconds on the clock, and the Warriors had a timeout. If Hill hits the FT, they might end up losing in regulation. All the Warriors need is a 2.

Just now, jrry32 said:

But there were still 4.7 seconds on the clock, and the Warriors had a timeout. If Hill hits the FT, they might end up losing in regulation. All the Warriors need is a 2.

My point was that Hill gets off the hook because of JR Smith

another thing about that play that’s over looked is Durant’s pathetic effort to get the rebound. 

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:
2 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

And the Celtics built one before LeBron.

the front office did, not the players. 

Thats the big difference IMO. The C's made big trades to create that big three. Lebron and Bosh decided to go play with Wade in Miami, making sure the contracts worked out. One is a great FO move, and the other is the players making it happen. 

4 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

Next time you rewatch the replay of the JR play, go back a few seconds and just look at the expression on Hill's face before the free throws.

Thousand yard stare. 

It was so clear. He was shook. You could almost tell he wasn't making that 2nd free throw.

The ball probably felt like a bowling ball instead

22 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

No, I get to decide whether you think KD is a coward. He is not. You love KD. You realized that the smuggest move of all time is going to an already stacked team and giving Russell Westbrook the finger in the process.

Not really an example of smugness at all. 

Now Curry, who I hate for a number of reasons, is smug and I will give him a lot of credit for that.

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

My point was that Hill gets off the hook because of JR Smith

another thing about that play that’s over looked is Durant’s pathetic effort to get the rebound. 

IIRC, Durant boxed out Thompson. It was just a lucky bounce. The ball hit the front of the iron and bounced right to Thompson. It appeared to me that Durant did his job.

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

Not really an example of smugness at all. 

Now Curry, who I hate for a number of reasons, is smug and I will give him a lot of credit for that.

So if Bryce Harper went to the Yankees, that wouldn't be the ultimate smug move? Anger the world by having an elite player join a stacked and hated team. That's next-level smugness right there. Durant turned heel. That's Triple H-level smugness.

9 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

I don't know that it's that Love and Bosh got so much worse in isolation. I think a big part of it is that they were putting up inflated numbers. When Kevin Love is the center piece of a team in the regular season, it makes sense that he's going to put up crazy numbers. Same with Bosh in Toronto. But once you get them in the playoffs on a huge stage, it's going to be different

thats probably some of it, buts its not like thei skill set went away. They couldve still played that way and done well but they both changed to accommodate lebrons style. and i dont know the answer to why role players never really work out with lebron but its a good question to ask. 

Archived