Fallout 76

Danger

Yeah it's um.

It's fun, I enjoy the world though it is empty and you absolutely feel that emptiness. And the game itself does look pretty good, but um.

This is such a mess. The lighting freaks out constantly, the framerate drops to the mid-teens every time there's any kind of real particle effects or enemy numbers on screen, I've clipped through the world once already and had two hard locks. And that's from an hour of playing. And the combat, I'm sorry, just wasn't designed to be played in real time like this, there's a reason they created the vats system and having a D20 accuracy ping on an FPS when that FPS is online only is straight cancer.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

12 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Yeah it's um.

It's fun, I enjoy the world though it is empty and you absolutely feel that emptiness. And the game itself does look pretty good, but um.

This is such a mess. The lighting freaks out constantly, the framerate drops to the mid-teens every time there's any kind of real particle effects or enemy numbers on screen, I've clipped through the world once already and had two hard locks. And that's from an hour of playing. And the combat, I'm sorry, just wasn't designed to be played in real time like this, there's a reason they created the vats system and having a D20 accuracy ping on an FPS when that FPS is online only is straight cancer.

Definitely why I got this on PC instead. No way they are going to be able to get good performance for this size game on console.

And I'm glad the time-stopping VATS is gone. It made everything way too easy, especially for melee. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Definitely why I got this on PC instead. No way they are going to be able to get good performance for this size game on console.

And I'm glad the time-stopping VATS is gone. It made everything way too easy, especially for melee. 

I actually found myself purposely not using VATS b/c I found it made things very easy. I think I would like this model better as well!

lol PC beta is deleting the files for some people. People are losing their ****. I have a feeling this is tied to their timer being two hours off and people trying to launch it before 7pmEST. Still their fault but also still hilarious to me. People want credits against the price even lol, because of one day of a ******* BETA, I hate gaming culture.

14 hours ago, Norm said:

lol PC beta is deleting the files for some people. People are losing their ****. I have a feeling this is tied to their timer being two hours off and people trying to launch it before 7pmEST. Still their fault but also still hilarious to me. People want credits against the price even lol, because of one day of a ******* BETA, I hate gaming culture.

I had downloaded it a few days ago but just logged in and it needs to redownload everything. Super weird.  I didn't even try logging in yesterday.

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I had downloaded it a few days ago but just logged in and it needs to redownload everything. Super weird.  I didn't even try logging in yesterday.

Yeah it broke for tons of people. When I got home an hour before, I already knew about the deleting stuff. So I look and there's two identical errors that both say failed to download something something. So it tried to do it to me lol

So you missed it all? If you're on PC, when you do play, change settings instantly to full screen from borderless windowed. I was getting twenty freaking fps before I did that. All low or all high I get very very similar frames but there's all sorts of stutter, so I just left it low and I'll toy with it when I have time. Worked for me anyways

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I'm gonna play both the PS4 and PC betas and see how they feel and then pick. I really want the PC version but it sounds like the PC build is a hot mess.

@JBURGE - you playing the PS4 beta tomorrow?

probably not. Tomorrow is the latest day I work

12 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I'm gonna play both the PS4 and PC betas and see how they feel and then pick. I really want the PC version but it sounds like the PC build is a hot mess.

@JBURGE - you playing the PS4 beta tomorrow?

I haven't had a single issue on PC yet tbh. Yeah I had to change to full screen but other than that, nothing else. I noticed the subreddit is just endless crying, but that's all Reddit gaming subs are for anymore, venting.

That being said, there's certainly issues out there and it's the worst version out ATM.

This feels like it gets boring af real fast if you're truly by yourself. If you don't seek anyone out, you basically never find anyone. Also, nobody realizes we're all hot mic'd if you have a mic plugged in lol, I get to hear the weirdest ****. I followed this one kid around while he talked to someone in the room about his sister's friends over for the slumber party and how he kept trying to sneak in to see them in the ******* bathroom. Who tells someone that story? And then on top of it, lol, he's hot mic'd in a video game.

IDK if I'm gonna keep my pre order, might be a buy later type deal for me. It's not a bad game or anything though. I was hoping for more random interactions, not PVP, just doing more **** with others. I did finally give away a bunch of extra plans I had, took forever, nobody knew how to accept my free **** lol