Fallout 76

Danger

9 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Watched my son play for about 30 minutes. I don't like it at all. He loves it but he's 15.

I'd much rather play fallout 4 again and go through the story than deal with this game.

Game is poo but a couple of my friends play and it is fun when everyone is on and invested but its just not worth the price right now. There is nothing that makes this game better than say a game like ARK or hell even 7 days to die. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nazgul said:
49 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I've only played a few hours but I was enjoying it. I stopped because I wasn't playing with anyone and it got boring

You can play with my brothers and I everytime you see us online.

You guys are like level 50. I'm 7

On 11/23/2018 at 9:24 AM, Danger said:

I"m just hoping that 76 was just a low effort game they released to try and "hold us over" while the real project they've been putting the majority of their time into is Starfield.

I guess, but what is Starfield's ceiling when it's running on an engine from 1997? They've come out and said that both Starfield and the next Elder Scrolls will be running on the same 'Creation' engine or whatever it's called.

7 hours ago, cddolphin said:

I guess, but what is Starfield's ceiling when it's running on an engine from 1997? They've come out and said that both Starfield and the next Elder Scrolls will be running on the same 'Creation' engine or whatever it's called.

Saying it is the “same engine” is nonsense. Nobody builds an engine from the ground up, they are all iterations. Same thing as saying the 787 is the same as the 737.

40 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Saying it is the “same engine” is nonsense. Nobody builds an engine from the ground up, they are all iterations. Same thing as saying the 787 is the same as the 737.

I don't take as much issue with the engine per say. The problem is more that modders have been making improvements that are not implemented after more than a decade at this point. e.g. More realistic death physics. Somehow we still have bodies that go flying 20-30  feet like they're launched out of a cannon even though we've had mods to rectify that for how long now? Bethesda owns the right to any and all mods created within their engine. So why do we still have these basic issues? 

Also the AI is dog s***, and really abuse-able.  That's my other big concern.

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

No doubt the engine has massive issues, the thing really is held together by ducttape and sloppy code.

They need like 2-3 years to just work/improve/fix on the engine before they can release a next gen game and expect people to buy it.

1 minute ago, SwoleXmad said:

No doubt the engine has massive issues, the thing really is held together by ducttape and sloppy code.

They need like 2-3 years to just work/improve/fix on the engine before they can release a next gen game and expect people to buy it.

How many years of multiple-division business development experience do you have to say how long it’ll take to develop or refine a AAA game?

6 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

How many years of multiple-division business development experience do you have to say how long it’ll take to develop or refine a AAA game?

Is that relevant? I know that Fallout 76 "released" with a day 1 patch even bigger than the original game. I know that clips from 76 look no better than Fallout 4 which came out three years ago, and that game didn't even look good for the time. I know that Bethesda games have gotten more buggy on release over the last few iterations instead of less buggy. The scope of what they want to accomplish technically is either completely out of their reach, or bogged down by this clunky dinosaur they run it on...

Either way, this game has gone from "kind of an anticipated release" to "wouldn't even buy it for $40" for me, and it's because of the terrible gameplay videos being released, as well as the reviews being almost universally sub-par.

(Retail sales in the UK are down 82% for this game in comparison to Fallout 4, and there's no way the shift to purchasing digitally accounts for even half of that difference IMO)

The fact that they didn't even bother to create a proper PC control set blows my mind, I would feel like a sucker buying this half-arsed product if I was a PC user.

9 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

We're not talking about how long it will take to develop/refine the game (They clearly haven't been able to refine it by launch) we're talking about the engine and given Starfield, ES6 are more than likely going to be next gen games (they said as much) and assuming the next Console gen starts in 2020-2022, they could easily have fixed up their engine to the point where it isn't held together by modders and late day 1 patches. 

Also to answer that question, none but I can tell you the scope of the games they're going to need on launch titles for the next gen of consoles is gonna have to be big and it's probably going to take 5+ years for ES6, for Starfield who knows. Obviously they're developing it now but I doubt it's anywhere past like concept staging.

https://gearnuke.com/law-firm-planning-class-action-lawsuit-bethesda-fallout-76-refunds/

Ouch, that's rough. Watching Angry Joe's review of this game now and yeah, it doesn't look good for Bethesda. I'm surprised they would allow this to happen to be honest. This is a marquee game title and they're seemingly dragging it through the mud for some quick cash. No bueno.... no beuno at all.