Fallout 76

Danger

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Simple. It's an easy cash grab that can be lines with microtransactions. And since it's an "ongoing" thing they can say this gives people their fallout fix like ESO gives people their elder scrolls fix. ๐Ÿ˜’

Even though it's been argued this isn't their Fallout version of ESO. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Narrator: It is.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Simple. It's an easy cash grab that can be lines with microtransactions. And since it's an "ongoing" thing they can say this gives people their fallout fix like ESO gives people their elder scrolls fix. ๐Ÿ˜’

At least ESO is it's own experience and was pretty fun. This is just unnecessary...

I've traditionally been a big Bethesda supporter. I maintain that Morrowind was the greatest game of all time, and the last 3 TES games make up the greatest series of games of all time. I believe I've referred to TH as "God" more than once.

Fallout 4 was a poor game. The announcement of Fallout 76 this quickly afterwards was shocking. I didn't even realize 76 had been released until 2 days afterwards.

I won't be buying this game. I'm seriously concerned about the future of TES now as well. I sincerely hope that all of their resources are going into Starfuekd, and that Fallout 76 is more like a flushed out version of Fallout Shelter.

I'm copyrighting starf****ed right now.

Edited by nagahide13
Starf****ed

76 seems like one of those rushed online only games and will be patched to hell and actually have a playable and fun game in 6 months to a year. That seems to be the trend with multiplayer games recently. This seems like it's Bethesda's answer to the multiplayer looter-mini mmo's (Destiny-Division-Diablo-PoE-etc). However it seemed to missed the mark and could have been helped by postponing for 6 months to polish the game up and have a spring release with a few beta's over the winter to iron things out.ย 

The best hope for 76 is 6 months-year of patches and added content and QoL updates and a massive price reduction and in 2019 it could be a steal and a fun game, but RN it's a cash grab to get the game out in Q4.ย 

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS

10 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

76 seems like one of those rushed online only games and will be patched to hell and actually have a playable and fun game in 6 months to a year. That seems to be the trend with multiplayer games recently. This seems like it's Bethesda's answer to the multiplayer looter-mini mmo's (Destiny-Division-Diablo-PoE-etc). However it seemed to missed the mark and could have been helped by postponing for 6 months to polish the game up and have a spring release with a few beta's over the winter to iron things out.ย 

The best hope for 76 is 6 months-year of patches and added content and QoL updates and a massive price reduction and in 2019 it could be a steal and a fun game, but RN it's a cash grab to get the game out in Q4.ย 

Nah this will probably evolve into a loot based shooter because they didn't put in enough alternative avenues of contentย  to go another direction, but the primary intent was to make a AAA survival game in the vein of Rust and DayZ. Which I desperately want as survival games are my favorite. But unfortunately, from the time I've put in they seemed to not really have a firm direction they wanted to go with the game to begin with.

On โ€Ž11โ€Ž/โ€Ž21โ€Ž/โ€Ž2018 at 9:50 PM, Thelonebillsfan said:

Nah this will probably evolve into a loot based shooter because they didn't put in enough alternative avenues of contentย  to go another direction, but the primary intent was to make a AAA survival game in the vein of Rust and DayZ. Which I desperately want as survival games are my favorite. But unfortunately, from the time I've put in they seemed to not really have a firm direction they wanted to go with the game to begin with.

Survival games are a dime a dozen and there are a number of great ones to choose from. A halfbaked fallout game would never make a good survival game. Plus US servers for any survival game are just plain toxic which makes them not as much fun anyway. Its actually funny the contrast between US servers and Euro servers if you ever get a chance. So much more teamwork and roleplaying in Euro servers.ย