The Siege of Gotham Mafia - Mafia Wins!!!

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

So without getting past the pleasantries on page 16, can anybody explain to me why Ragnarok and Kingseanjohn are the lead vote getters?

I won't speak to Whicker's evidence that he hinted at (I didn't get the hint), but here are the reasons I voted for KSJ:

1. Lack of activity. In nearly sixty pages of active game, KSJ has posted 12 times. Four of those posts have been in the last ten pages when his name was on the chopping block.

2. Paying attention. Not only has he had a third of his activity concentrated in the recent past for the thread, he was quickly commented on my traffic analysis (page 64). So, he's reading the thread and keeping up, but not actively hunting mafia.

3. Myopic focus on Whicker. KSJ's first post was to ditto a vote (from MathMan) for Whicker on page 17. Then tried to further the train on Whicker on page 18, when in response to Whicker saying that the first wagon never gets lynched, he says he wants to disprove that theory. Votes Whicker again on page 22 for "being inactive for a few minutes." Now, at this point, I figured this was Whicker poking a friend, kind of like how you started the game by automatically voting for ET? All of this happened on Thursday, so I wrote it off as first day antics/silliness. Except on Friday morning (page 28), he again says how we need to disprove the first train theory and lynch Whicker. At this point, I think this is scummy and vote for him. He then claims to want to see who would push the vote away and targets me. Okay, fair tactic. Except that on page 41 (Saturday night, 2 hours before deadline), he's back calling for a Whicker train. At this point, james is circling the drain. Yet again, on page 46, he's calling to vote for Whicker (albeit this one is perhaps tongue in cheek since he's replying to Whicker's uncertainity of who to vote for). Once N1 starts, when bcb states that he believes Whicker was the counter wagon and is "pretty clear in [his] book," KSJ says that bcb's post is "soooo scummy." There's the two responses to my posts (one of which mentions Whicker), and the one to remind everyone that when he comes up civ that Whicker and I have been his biggest drummers. Finally, a vote for Rags (the other current wagon). All in all, of KSJ's 12 posts, only two make no mention of Whicker.

4. But no evidence is given. Go back and read his posts. They have word lengths of 6, 7, 10, 20, 51 (a veritable novel!), 2, 2, 5, 2, 25, 12, and 1. Nothing beyond the disproving the first wagon lynch theory is ever described. When I called him out on it, he asked if I had seen "anything that looks like scum from [him]?" I then summarized the above, finishing up with a "okay, who else is mafia?" I got nothing back. Not even a reason for why I or anyone else should vote for Whicker instead was given.

I could be completely reading this wrong. Maybe there's a darn good reason that KSJ is locked on Whicker. Maybe he's a Tanner (I am not sure who that would be in the Gotham universe) and just wants to be lynched (but then why fight it by voting Rags to try and save himself?). He hasn't given me anything and what he has given makes little to no sense. It's highly suspicious.

CC: @MathMan

Decent Townie Group
mission
dome
touch
bucs
md4l
woz

Townie Lean
darth
whicker
malf
xmad

Neutral
gopher
squire
teude
mookie
tk3

Scum Lean
bcb
ksj

Dead
james
ltbf

Here's the issue with today.  ksj and I have been the two major focal points.  Scum will love this as it doesn't make them discuss multiple people.

I think the most beneficial thing town can do is wait a bit and make people to these lists and give some reasons for their top leans both ways.  My town leans are due to early game play on james.  My scum leans are because bcb tends to be real quiet as scum and ksj has some serious question marks as have been raised.

Just now, Whicker said:

I was lyncher and KSJ was my target. 

GG boys was fun

What was your win condition?  I assume if you had lynched him, we would've lost? 

So mission saved the day... MVP...

dome you can eat crow now

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

What was your win condition?  I assume if you had lynched him, we would've lost? 

So mission saved the day... MVP...

dome you can eat crow now

Eat crow cause you killed a civ? Bravo, you're the hero we needed. Please continue to help, even without your powers.

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

Eat crow cause you killed a civ? Bravo, you're the hero we needed. Please continue to help, even without your powers.

Lol your reading comprehension is pretty low.  Re-read Whicker's post. 

We were on track to lynch a guy civ, by lynching, we would've lost the game.

Now:

1. We don't lose to the Other's win condition

2. We don't waste a lynch on a civ and get to put some pressure on rags, if his claim checks out we can puruse other leads

Sounds like a win win to me

Archived