Supplemental Draft actually relevant??

Fatgerman

I'm looking at athletic numbers. Shocked by some on our roster.

Terrance Mitchell led the combine db's with a stupid 6.57 3cone and 4 flat 20 yard shuttle. He also ran in the mid 4.40's at his pro day

Simeon Thomas has 35" long arms. Wow! And an 11'3" broad jump.

Montrel Meander had a daytime talkshow before he began playing football.

Tj Carrie had a 41" vert, 4.45 40, and 6.97 3cone at his proday.

Geoff Gray, OG from Canada, measured 6'5" 315, 34" arms, 31" vert, and can ride a unicycle (no, seriously)

Final one...

Da'Mari Scott: 6' 205, 4.47 40, good 6.86 3cone.

I like the traits of many of our new additions. Interesting numbers.

The more I think about it the more I think I'd consider drafting Beal with our third round pick and Adonis Alexander with our fifth.

Beal can line up on the boundary, but I can see Alexander as a backup SS behind Peppers/ TE matchup cover guy. With his height and size, combined with CB-like cover skills, he could potentially do damage against opposing TE's. Match him up against the Gronks of the world.

Our secondary room, this year, would ultimately look like this:

CB- Ward, Carrie, Gaines, Beal, Mitchell, Simeon T.

Hybrids- BBC, Alexander

SS- Peppers, Kindred   FS- Randall

Simeon can also play some safety

That's 11, which is one more than the standard number of DBs on a 53. Kindred will hafta fight to keep a job. He does very little in coverage.

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

The more I think about it the more I think I'd consider drafting Beal with our third round pick and Adonis Alexander with our fifth.

Beal can line up on the boundary, but I can see Alexander as a backup SS behind Peppers/ TE matchup cover guy. With his height and size, combined with CB-like cover skills, he could be potentially do damage against opposing TE's. Match him up against the Gronks of the world.

Our secondary room, this year, would ultimately look like this:

CB- Ward, Carrie, Gaines, Beal, Mitchell, Simeon T.

Hybrids- BBC, Alexander

SS- Peppers, Kindred   FS- Randall

Simeon can also play some safety

That's 11, which is one more than the standard number of DBs on a 53. Kindred will hafta fight to keep a job. He does very little in coverage.

That seems like likely value for both players, and I'd be on board for both if Dorsey & company are not planning on keeping Wilson, whom I would like to see get an opportunity if healthy (big if). If we keep Wilson, get Sam Beal for a third. He's a big man corner and would continue to put some talent in the secondary. Fap.

10 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Two Browns Super Bowls in over year.

I hope so. I watched 3 Beal games, and he's good in coverage, especially man. Needs to work on getting off blocks in the run game. Alexander could really excell as Peppers backup and TE matchup man.

Never rest on your laurels. Always be getting better. Always be adding talent.

I was the guy during the 2016 parade saying trade Kevin Love now. Others argued, they just won a championship, they can't change things now. We all acknowledged they won in spite of Love, but people didn't wanna mess with it. In hindsight, obvious mistake.

Always be getting better!

12 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

I hope so. I watched 3 Beal games, and he's good in coverage, especially man. Needs to work on getting off blocks in the run game. Alexander could really excell as Peppers backup and TE matchup man.

Never rest on your laurels. Always be getting better. Always be adding talent.

I was the guy during the 2016 parade saying trade Kevin Love now. Others argued, they just won a championship, they can't change things now. We all acknowledged they won in spite of Love, but people didn't wanna mess with it. In hindsight, obvious mistake.

Always be getting better!

I agree with the sentiment, but the Cavs didn’t lose the last two finals because they rested on their laurels and didn’t trade Love.

They lost because the team with the best regular season record in history that had already won a title signed the second best player in the league.  

There wasn’t, and still isn’t, a counter for that.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I agree with the sentiment, but the Cavs didn’t lose the last two finals because they rested on their laurels and didn’t trade Love.

They lost because the team with the best regular season record in history that had already won a title signed the second best player in the league.  

There wasn’t, and still isn’t, a counter for that.

Yes and no. That was certainly the Crux of why, but Love put a hefty strain on our salary cap, hobbling our roster flexibility, for zero production against the Warriors and being a constant liability on defense. He's become a stretch 4 role player making max money. That was a significant hindrance to winning the last two years.

This year, he had the perfect opportunity to up his usage with Kyrie in Boston, but he rarely showed us the Minnesota player we traded for.

And don't even get me started on that contract for Tristan.

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

Yes and no. That was certainly the Crux of why, but Love put a hefty strain on our salary cap, hobbling our roster flexibility, for zero production against the Warriors and being a constant liability on defense. He's become a stretch 4 role player making max money. That was a significant hindrance to winning the last two years.

This year, he had the perfect opportunity to up his usage with Kyrie in Boston, but he rarely showed us the Minnesota player we traded for.

And don't even get me started on that contract for Tristan.

I was just getting ready to ask about why everyone hates on Kevin Love but not Tristan Thompson. I don't watch basketball much and when I do it is already conference finals/NBA finals time. But what I have seen the last 4 years is that Kevin Love is as you said a defensive liability, but lets face it he plays in an offensive driven league. Tristan Thompson from what I have seen the last 4 years is an even bigger offensive liability in an offensive driven league. There are probably 3rd graders out there that know more than me about basketball, but to me I would much rather have a defensive deficient player than an offensive deficient player that way the league is right now.

Archived