Jump to content
49erurtaza

Julian Edelman facing 4 game suspension for PED

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Yeah, the tension is building in Foxborough. Can't deny it at this point.

There's tension from top to bottom in every organization in the NFL. The Patriots are hardly even near the median line. Tension doesn't get you two consecutive Super Bowl seasons. Who in the organization has been fired along the way? ESPN is trying it's hardest to disguise a dynasty that is in the twilight years (because at some point, age and time will get you there) as a hot click. They've been adding fuel to a fire they can't even start all off season. It's pathetic...

Edited by Nex_Gen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Could see Bill getting fed up real fast with the witch doctor. 

It's happened. He's firebombed him from the building! :DxD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They still have decent WRs plus the GOAT.

But just for good measure....

Typical Patriots cheating mantra....lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

There's tension from top to bottom in every organization in the NFL. The Patriots are hardly even near the median line. Tension doesn't get you two consecutive Super Bowl seasons. Who in the organization has been fired along the way? ESPN is trying it's hardest to disguise a dynasty that is in the twilight years (because at some point, age and time will get you there) as a hot click. They've been adding fuel to a fire they can't even start all off season. It's pathetic...

Look, you can point the finger at ESPN and blame them if it will make you feel better because its your team.. doesn't bother me. If you don't think there is some fire here, I think you're intentionally choosing to be obtuse. When you add everything together regarding the Butler situation, Tom Bradys comments on loyalty from the organization, unrest with Gronk, BBs reported dissatisfaction in trading away Jimmy G, the Guerrero banishment. And now here you have Bradys buddy throwing Edelman under the bus, probably to make life more difficult for BB. You can try to shake it off and say "LOL ESPN" all day, but I've seen this before. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's probably a duck. 

"Stay lit, be FREE, be HAPPY" - Gronk to Amendola after signing with Miami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Look, you can point the finger at ESPN and blame them if it will make you feel better because its your team.. doesn't bother me. If you don't think there is some fire here, I think you're intentionally choosing to be obtuse. When you add everything together regarding the Butler situation, Tom Bradys comments on loyalty from the organization, unrest with Gronk, BBs reported dissatisfaction in trading away Jimmy G, the Guerrero banishment. And now here you have Bradys buddy throwing Edelman under the bus, probably to make life more difficult for BB. You can try to shake it off and say "LOL ESPN" all day, but I've seen this before. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's probably a duck. 

"Stay lit, be FREE, be HAPPY" - Gronk to Amendola after signing with Miami

Is this the obligatory Patriots are on the verge of a collapse post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Who'd have seen this coming...

screen-shot-2017-03-30-at-3-53-26-pm.png

 

 

 

...oh

Just because you meet Buzz Aldrin doesn't mean you're now an astronaut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Look, you can point the finger at ESPN and blame them if it will make you feel better because its your team.. doesn't bother me. If you don't think there is some fire here, I think you're intentionally choosing to be obtuse. When you add everything together regarding the Butler situation, Tom Bradys comments on loyalty from the organization, unrest with Gronk, BBs reported dissatisfaction in trading away Jimmy G, the Guerrero banishment. And now here you have Bradys buddy throwing Edelman under the bus, probably to make life more difficult for BB. You can try to shake it off and say "LOL ESPN" all day, but I've seen this before. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's probably a duck. 

"Stay lit, be FREE, be HAPPY" - Gronk to Amendola after signing with Miami

You’re right, when you look at headlines and no context, the only logical conclusion is this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun note, doesn't really have anything to do with this story, just sort of parallel to it, but the guy who broke the rumor for this on Reddit (before espn, schefty, etc broke it) is saying that there is going to be another story coming out of the Pats organization soon which he has been sitting on for a few days. bigger than the edelman story concerning a "multi year patriot" and is "negative" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lancerman said:

Is this the obligatory Patriots are on the verge of a collapse post

Yes. Someone has to adhere to tradition.

EDIT: To be clear, I never said they are on the verge of collapsing, I think like most I still fully expect them to compete for a Super Bowl this year. I just don't know how you could look at all of these situations over the last 4-5 months and still think that this is all smoke and mirrors.

Edited by packerrfan74

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Forge said:

Fun note, doesn't really have anything to do with this story, just sort of parallel to it, but the guy who broke the rumor for this on Reddit (before espn, schefty, etc broke it) is saying that there is going to be another story coming out of the Pats organization soon which he has been sitting on for a few days. bigger than the edelman story concerning a "multi year patriot" and is "negative" 

Haha, the guy said on reddit that he's just some rando and that he has no sources and just took a wild swing at the Edelman news and happened to be right when he heard news was coming out of NE. As someone said in the 49er forum, A+ troll job by this guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Yes. Someone has to adhere to tradition.

EDIT: To be clear, I never said they are on the verge of collapsing, I think like most I still fully expect them to compete for a Super Bowl this year. I just don't know how you could look at all of these situations over the last 4-5 months and still think that this is all smoke and mirrors.

I don't think 'smoke and mirrors', I just think 'here we go again'. There's SOME validity to it all, but it's SO overblown, just like every off-season story and impending doom surrounding the franchise every year since about 2012 now. 

If this off-season was a stand-alone, I'd be pretty concerned. But all I feel now is immunity to it all, with a healthy dose of; zzzz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

just like every off-season story and impending doom surrounding the franchise every year since about 2012 now. 

 

Yeah, since 2012 no one ever predicted success for the Patriots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

You’re right, when you look at headlines and no context, the only logical conclusion is this one. 

can you add the context that explaina it all away?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

can you add the context that explaina it all away?

Not to someone that is already set on believing that the evil empire’s crumbling. And I’m fully aware I’m the pot and others are the kettle here, the bias goes both ways. But my side has context, the other has headlines. 

“Butler situation” - Odd for sure. But it’s a real stretch to say this was personal and not for the actual team. Butler has a down year all year and didn’t match up well with any of the Eagles receiver except Agholor. He had the flu and missed practices, then when he did practice he didn’t play well. Was it weird not to inform other Pats players? Yeah, but it happens. If Butler doesn’t make the time winning interception and Lockette scores, we’d all be blasting him for putting a rookie UDFA into the last drive of the SB. 

“Brady’s loyalty” - Not really even sure how to take that one. He’s the oldest QB ever to play at this level, I guess it’s news when he flirts with retirement or skips voluntary OTAs? It’s not ideal, but hardly breaking. 

“Unrest with Gronk” - Another one I don’t even get. He’s an underpaid TE that sustains a crazy amount of injuries/punishment, we’re saying there’s unrest with him because he thought he might retire? When it’s pretty clearly posturing for a deal that pays him appropriately? Big Ben makes comments about retirement and Bell doesn’t even show up to anything, but somehow it’s bigger news because...well, Pats.

”Belichick dissatisfaction with trading Jimmy G” - Who wouldn’t be dissatisfied? Jimmy said he wanted to start. Bill couldn’t guarantee him that for 2019. Trade deadline occurred. Jimmy was traded. He’s good so you want to keep him, but couldn’t afford to franchise him and have him sit. Not with so many FAs. 

“Guerrero banishment” - I don’t know if other teams allow non-employees to come on the plane and join the team, but I don’t believe it’s breaking news that someone who isn’t employed by the organization be disallowed from joining the team everywhere. Especially when he’s unorthodox and likely undermines whatbthe team’s trainers are doing (Guerrero is a bonafide snake oil salesmen IMO). Good riddance he’s gone, but I’m not seeing how this means things are going down.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×