Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

When a top 10 player signs an MLE with the defacto best team in the league, how can you not?

He was VERY close to signing with the Celtics. Maybe Ainge shouldn't have low balled him. 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

When a top 10 player signs an MLE with the defacto best team in the league, how can you not?

He's not a top 10 player BUT he is a player who's team improved after he got a pretty brutal injury. Unfortunately a lot of teams don't have the luxury to take a gamble on him and apparently his own team didn't want him back. Not a super shocking move for him to take a one year deal in a good situation and hit the market again next year. 

Just now, Deadpulse said:

So his response is to take the lower offer on the better team? It's day two of free agnecy

Yes. Celtics along with the rest of the league disrespected so bad he wanted to stick it to them. So congrats to the rest of the inept front offices in the league for forcing Boogie to make this decision. 

honestly, i find the current state of the league pathetic. it's really not about my team winning (the bucks), but about the fact such a large proportion of the top talent simply wants to join the same team to just dominate the league instead of competing against each other.

call me crazy, but that would just bug the hell out of me as a competitive person. one of the reasons i love westbrook. hate the stubborn SOB all you want, but at least he'll go down trying instead of just taking the easy way out. 

btw, i don't blame steph, klay, draymond, old GS fans at all, that was great team building. but i just really can't get behind this durant/boogie/etc mentality at all. sorry.

Just now, IrishGreen said:

honestly, i find the current state of the league pathetic. it's really not about my team winning (the bucks), but about the fact such a large proportion of the top talent simply wants to join the same team to just dominate the league instead of competing against each other.

call me crazy, but that would just bug the hell out of me as a competitive person. one of the reasons i love westbrook. hate the stubborn SOB all you want, but at least he'll go down trying instead of just taking the easy way out. 

btw, i don't blame steph, klay, draymond, old GS fans at all, that was great team building. but i just really can't get behind this durant/boogie/etc mentality at all. sorry.

It's a result of the AAU circuit. These dudes play together in HS, college and then get to the league and want to play together again.

Just now, IrishGreen said:

yall clowned (not you just speaking to my ppl here) PG re-upping w/ OKC, when he's the only real one out here. that's why i got love for Russ too. if you sign a 3rd deal w/ the small market team that drafted you... i'm a fan for life. and i know that doesn't apply to PG and i think he forced his way outta IND now that i think about it lol, but **** it. my thoughts have already been posted. and i don't have a reputation for being correct, so time to hit submit reply. 

3 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

yall clowned (not you just speaking to my ppl here) PG re-upping w/ OKC, when he's the only real one out here. that's why i got love for Russ too. if you sign a 3rd deal w/ the small market team that drafted you... i'm a fan for life. and i know that doesn't apply to PG and i think he forced his way outta IND now that i think about it lol, but **** it. my thoughts have already been posted. and i don't have a reputation for being correct, so time to hit submit reply. 

that's why you one of the goats, fam

Archived