2018 FIFA World Cup Group E & Group F

LeeEvans

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

I can only apologize. I guess consistently losing in the Round of 16 just didn't rate on my radar

Interestingly, or maybe not, this is the first world cup in history where we will have played more games than Germany.

1 hour ago, texans_uk said:

Watched Serbia three times now.

Don't see the fuss about Milinkovic-Savic

He had a very good first game. But with that being said, you can’t watch somebody play great for the club and expect them to replicate it for country. Dybala is a top class player and he can’t any playing time. 

3 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

It’s always fun seeing the bigger teams going out.

This is the most wide open World Cup I have ever seen.

I don’t. I wanna see the big teams on biggest stage. Germany may not have been at their fluid best but they still play well enough to finish 2nd.

22 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I don’t. I wanna see the big teams on biggest stage. Germany may not have been at their fluid best but they still play well enough to finish 2nd.

But they didn’t. Germany were dreadful for 5/6ths of this tournament. They were also very lucky against Sweden that the penalty claim early in the first half didn’t go to VAR. 

Brazil look to be hitting their stride, the light still needs to go on for France and there’s a few of the “better” nations playig well. The knockout stages will still be awesome, but it’ll just comprise of teams who have largely earned it in the last two weeks.

40 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

He had a very good first game. But with that being said, you can’t watch somebody play great for the club and expect them to replicate it for country. Dybala is a top class player and he can’t any playing time. 

Whilst it's true that club football doesn't always translate to international football he underperformed.

39 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Worse loss?

2018 Germany losing to a Korea team with nothing to play for to get knocked out in the group  stage

or

2014 Brazil losing 7-1 on their home turf to (eventual champions) Germany.

The Brazil loss is super embarrassing, but at least they lost to the eventual champions, maybe?  I don’t know, that’s a damn tough one. 

4 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

You think? Two surprise semi finalists, but I don’t ever remember thinking they had a realistic chance v Brazil or Germany.

I can’t even pick a winner. None of the favourites are playing well. You could make a case for Croatia, England and even Belgium given the way they’re playing.

I certainly don't feel great about Spain beating Croatia. At all

(though maybe I shouldn't be so sure we'll even beat Russia)

48 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Worse loss?

2018 Germany losing to a Korea team with nothing to play for to get knocked out in the group  stage

or

2014 Brazil losing 7-1 on their home turf to (eventual champions) Germany.

Brazil.

It was in Brazil.

They were so hyped going into it after some good performances, especially being a strong Colombia.

Germany have been awful so far, so it wasn't a complete surprise.

58 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

But they didn’t. Germany were dreadful for 5/6ths of this tournament. They were also very lucky against Sweden that the penalty claim early in the first half didn’t go to VAR. 

Brazil look to be hitting their stride, the light still needs to go on for France and there’s a few of the “better” nations playig well. The knockout stages will still be awesome, but it’ll just comprise of teams who have largely earned it in the last two weeks.

That happened at 0-0, so had they converted that they would’ve done exactly what they actually did when they went 1-0 up, and sit back. They had no business losing today’s game with the chances they had in the second half. And against Sweden they created more as the game wore on. The Mexico game they were poor. 

4 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

You think? Two surprise semi finalists, but I don’t ever remember thinking they had a realistic chance v Brazil or Germany.

I can’t even pick a winner. None of the favourites are playing well. You could make a case for Croatia, England and even Belgium given the way they’re playing.

I mean the fact that they were in the semi finals shows how open it was. We could quite easily get a Spain vs Brazil final, which if you take out of context looks like business as usual.

Archived