Browns Donald Stephenson suspended two games

49erurtaza

I feel like he was a bit of a long shot to make the team even prior to this suspension, and now it's even less likely he makes the team. I think at best he was going to be a third stringer, anyway.

16 hours ago, DawgX said:

I feel like he was a bit of a long shot to make the team even prior to this suspension, and now it's even less likely he makes the team. I think at best he was going to be a third stringer, anyway.

Facts, that just helps a guy like Desmond Harrison a little bit more

19 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Man their super bowl aspirations take a hit with this news. Who is the next man up?

I think the more important question surrounds how the voters will view this as a mark on his resume for the HoF.

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So why is it 2 games? Thought substance abuse was 4 games

There are 3 provisions for substances of abuse that I can see where 2 games is the penalty:

1.  If it’s DUI-alcohol related.   What’s weird is I don’t think there is an arrest on record.  So seems unlikely.  

2.  If the violation occurred by taking an over-the-counter or prescription medication.  This has to be proven by hard evidence not just by statement IIRC.  I guess he could have taken Medical marijuana by prescription but not received clearance from the NFL.   That’s in theory possible.  

3.  There’s a small blurb that is a player cooperates fully to identify another player who tests positive it can be reduced to 2 games.   I’m guessing Stephenson didn’t narc on Bryant or Edelman lol.  

There’s also a provision from the pre-2015 policy on 2 games for testing for a masking agent but that’s PED so it doesn’t apply here (and may be out of date). 

Archived