Kawhi Leonard wants out of San Antonio

BStanRamFan

33 minutes ago, YoungJefe said:

Rumor that Kawhi will sit out next season if he isn't traded to LA. Spurs called the Lakers asking for Kuzma and Ingram but the team said both are unavailable. 

I don't get why Kuzma would be unavailable.

8 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Well yeah, but he shouldn't be untouchable when it comes to getting Kawhi Leonard.

well then no one on that roster should be. I imagine they'd want to retain some of their young core 

1 hour ago, YoungJefe said:

Rumor that Kawhi will sit out next season if he isn't traded to LA. Spurs called the Lakers asking for Kuzma and Ingram but the team said both are unavailable. 

Don't buy it. Now SA needs to call that bluff. Start the season with him on the roster and then trade him. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Don't buy it. Now SA needs to call that bluff. Start the season with him on the roster and then trade him. 

Agreed. At that point he's missed nearly two full years of play. He's doing more to sabotage himself with that play than he is the Spurs. 

9 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I don't get why Kuzma would be unavailable.

Damn near perfect fit with their core.  Not saying I necessarily agree, but Kuzma is arguably their best shooting big man.  I think it has more to do with how much the Lakers view the likelihood of Leonard joining next year.  Why give up anything of value?  At this point, not sure the Lakers are offering more than a Randle (S&T) and pick(s).

9 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Well yeah, but he shouldn't be untouchable when it comes to getting Kawhi Leonard.

If the Sixers aren't willing to deal any of their top 3 assets (Fultz, Simmons, and Embiid), and they haven't struck a deal outside of that, why should the Lakers?  At this point, Ingram being off the table is obvious.  Keeping Kuzma off makes some sense.  If you believe you can get Kawhi without giving up Kuzma, wouldn't you?

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Agreed. At that point he's missed nearly two full years of play. He's doing more to sabotage himself with that play than he is the Spurs. 

Disagree.  He's going to get a big deal regardless.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If you believe you can get Kawhi without giving up Kuzma, wouldn't you?

That worked well with PG13.  What if he gets traded to BOS/PHILA and wins the title? Or at least makes it. Its not like they would have to put a lot of valuable stuff in the trade since apparently the Lakers aren't. 

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

That worked well with PG13.  What if he gets traded to BOS/PHILA and wins the title? Or at least makes it. Its not like they would have to put a lot of valuable stuff in the trade since apparently the Lakers aren't. 

There's a BIG difference between a LeBron-less Lakers, and a LeBron-led Lakers team.  Maybe Kawhi does re-sign with Philadelphia or Boston, but at this point it's Lakers only.  Right now, Boston isn't offering anything of value and it appears neither is Philadelphia.  The package for Kawhi is going to be underwhelming.

Archived