2018 NBA Random Offseason Discussion

CWood21

22 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Wow the West is a gauntlet this year...I know it’s been strong in the past but is this the strongest it’s ever been?

GS - lol no words

Hou - still gonna be great with Harden/Paul/Gordon even though they lost Ariza

Por - Dame/CJ still gonna make them strong in the regular season but they probably take a step back this year 

OKC - Westbrook/George along with Adams and a healthy Roberson. I think they woulda made more noise last year had he been healthy

Utah - excellent system, Mitchell most likely takes another step, and the best defensive big in the game 

NO - AD/Jrue will make them formidable but they probably take a step back as well with how much stronger the conference is. That is unless Anthanos collects all the infinity stones...

SA - all time great coach and system, but what happens if on the off chance Kawhi plays out this year with them? That could make things even more interesting 

Min - KAT/Butler are great and Wiggins/Teague/Gibson are good role players. Shame that Wiggins is getting paid like an all-star tho

Den - they make the playoffs last year if Millsap was healthy imo. Murray/Harris/Barton/Millsap/Jokic is an awesome group. I believe they’ll make the playoffs this year

LAL - LAbron

LAC - 42-40 last year but meh

Sac - lol

Dal - they’ll be ok this year. DSJ/Doncic/Barnes/Dirk/Jordan/Matthews isn’t horrible, I could see them getting to 35 wins plus I like Carlisle 

Mem - they’ll be better with the return of Conley and Gasol. JJJ looks like a great pick especially if his first summer league game was any indication, but they’re still a bottom feeder in this conference that will find a way steal a few games

PHX - I like what they’re building with Booker/Aaron/Jackson/Bridges but they’re still too young 

Denver/Memphis/LA/Dallas are all teams that could make the playoffs in the East, and for any of them to make it in the west, they will have to bump out a top 8 team from last year, none of which got significantly worse. 

Suns/Kings/Clippers are all fighting for a top lotto pick. Kings going all in to chase.....well.....nothing.....Boston is going to make a finals and then grab a top 5 pick from the kings....thats brutal. 

10 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

So he hates Wiggins and kat. Not surprised. Butler is an incredibly hard worker and those guys have been massive under achievers. Kyrie and butler will end up in NY next year imo. 

Lot of teams with cap and stars next year... Knicks, Pelicans, Lakers. It’s going to be an interesting free agency.

The Pelicans held discussions with Cousins’ representatives and numbers were mentioned. A formal offer was never extended, but the Pelicans clearly let Cousins know where they stood salary-wise. In fact, I understand the Pelicans made it known to Cousins that they were willing to offer significantly more money than what he eventually agreed to with the Warriors. If they weren’t interested, then they never would have met with Cousins in the first place. 

50 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Lot of teams with cap and stars next year... Knicks, Pelicans, Lakers. It’s going to be an interesting free agency.

One of those three doesn't fit in with the other two...

2 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Pelicans are a small market, but they have Jrue and AD and room for a max...

Anthony Davis might have pull to bring in another significant FA, but Jrue Holliday certainly doesn't.  And when it comes to New York and Los Angeles compared to New Orleans...well, it's no contest.

Jimmy is looking like kind of a dork to me. If you're really a leader that is all about winning I'd expect taking a little bit more responsibility with helping the young guys out. Threw guys under the bus in both Chicago and Minny. I get the dude is a crazy competitor, but gotta understand that it's not always gonna go one way in these locker rooms.

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Anthony Davis might have pull to bring in another significant FA, but Jrue Holliday certainly doesn't.  And when it comes to New York and Los Angeles compared to New Orleans...well, it's no contest.

I love how AD “might” have pull lol. He’s a top 5 player.

Jrue is better than any player on Knicks or Lakers outside of Lebron and Porzingis. As we’ve clearly seen these past 5-7 years, market means absolutely nothing to most players.

20 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Jimmy is looking like kind of a dork to me. If you're really a leader that is all about winning I'd expect taking a little bit more responsibility with helping the young guys out. Threw guys under the bus in both Chicago and Minny. I get the dude is a crazy competitor, but gotta understand that it's not always gonna go one way in these locker rooms.

If he leaves. The trade is gonna look awful on Thibs. But i agree, Jimmy needs to chill out. 

27 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Thibs killed his entire mindset. Dude had him from day one playing balls to wall defense and now when he sees youngsters around the league not play as hard on that side of the floor, it bugs the ish out of him. But the youngsters see all the injuries Butler suffers and how the rest of the Bulls crew fell apart before the age of 30 so they don't want a repeat of that lol. Less defensive effort = More longevity. 

42 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Thibs killed his entire mindset. Dude had him from day one playing balls to wall defense and now when he sees youngsters around the league not play as hard on that side of the floor, it bugs the ish out of him. But the youngsters see all the injuries Butler suffers and how the rest of the Bulls crew fell apart before the age of 30 so they don't want a repeat of that lol. Less defensive effort = More longevity. 

Thibs is great though. 

Archived