Bell contract 2018

3rivers

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I know it's just week 1, but that's why I'm mad Ridley/Samuels didn't get snaps/carries.

And I'd agree there very much is this strange dynamic among Steeler fans: Expect a SB every year, but complain we aren't talented enough to win one when a player isn't around.  Or want a talented player out and don't understand why we aren't good enough.

I'm not concerned about Bell. I would love for him to be here but more, I want him to want to be here. The SB is the goal and I don't believe we NEED Bell to get there. Turnovers are why we didnt win in week 1, not the absence of Bell.

Does he make our team better? Sure but if he doesnt want to be here then he shouldnt be. We cant sit around and worry about life without him because we are in fact without him.

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I know it's just week 1, but that's why I'm mad Ridley/Samuels didn't get snaps/carries.

And I'd agree there very much is this strange dynamic among Steeler fans: Expect a SB every year, but complain we aren't talented enough to win one when a player isn't around.  Or want a talented player out and don't understand why we aren't good enough.

I'm not going to that extreme. My point is simple. Can they win it all without him? Yes. Are they better with him? YES. Obviously this scenario isn't the fault of the FO. I agree with refusing to sign him to that ridiculous contract. However, I see fault in the logic of hoping he stays away as along as possible. You should want your best players out there even if they're selfish d-bags. 

It is better if you figure Bell is not playing at all this season for the Steelers.  Even if he does sign in week 10 he will not play until week 13 and then it will take him 3 games to get up to speed.

If he signs earlier then bonus!!  He is dead to me at this point.

I’ve said it for 6 months, trade him like the Raiders traded Kahlil Mack. Get back multiple picks from the Colts, 49ers or Bucs and move on.

As a Redskins fan, I regret not listening to those who said we should’ve traded Kirk Cousins in 2016 or 2017 for multiple picks or picks and a player. 

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’ve said it for 6 months, trade him like the Raiders traded Kahlil Mack. Get back multiple picks from the Colts, 49ers or Bucs and move on.

As a Redskins fan, I regret not listening to those who said we should’ve traded Kirk Cousins in 2016 or 2017 for multiple picks or picks and a player. 

he has to sign first and he can wait until after the trade deadline IIRC :o The one time the player can get even with the team if he wants to. Of course , the other is to claim an injury when he returns and not play another downB| What do you think the teams you mentioned above would offer for picks for Bell and do they have the cap space available for the type of deal Bell commands ?

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

he has to sign first and he can wait until after the trade deadline IIRC :o The one time the player can get even with the team if he wants to. Of course , the other is to claim an injury when he returns and not play another downB| What do you think the teams you mentioned above would offer for picks for Bell and do they have the cap space available for the type of deal Bell commands ?

Of course he has to sign the tender but maybe he would if he knew he’d be traded to a team that’s going to pay him more than Gurley got paid.

I think they’d get either two firsts or a first and a player they want or a first and a condition first which is stipulated on Bell meeting some yardage standards or something and if he doesn’t get the one of the 1st would be a 2nd.

If Mack gets two firsts in return, I don’t know why Bell wouldn’t. They’re both All-Pro talents.

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Of course he has to sign the tender but maybe he would if he knew he’d be traded to a team that’s going to pay him more than Gurley got paid.

I think they’d get either two firsts or a first and a player they want or a first and a condition first which is stipulated on Bell meeting some yardage standards or something and if he doesn’t get the one of the 1st would be a 2nd.

If Mack gets two firsts in return, I don’t know why Bell wouldn’t. They’re both All-Pro talents.

Bell wouldn't because his contract doesn't offer the control that Mack's did and he does not play as important of a position as Mack does.

does bell get the deal he wants when he hits UFA? I don't see it happening but do you?  

5 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

Bell wouldn't because his contract doesn't offer the control that Mack's did and he does not play as important of a position as Mack does.

I am not sure about this importance comment. I would say there could be a team out there that is more offensive minded and thinks that the flex RB is so valuable etc. I don't think it's worth it, but it wouldn't shock me if someone in the media says so.  Two RD2 picks would be nice, since we can't pick well in RD1 anyways half the timexD

Like I said, at this point Id take a freaking 3rd RD pick for Bell.   Just get him off the team.   

If some other team is willing to pay Bell what he wants, good for them and Bell.

Maybe they'll get an all world player.

Or maybe they'll get a 27 year old child who puts himself ahead of the team, already has alot of work on him, gets injured at the worst times and isnt nearly as effective without All Pro talent surrounding him.    Oh, and he might care more about his music career after he gets all that guaranteed money....but I guess that would fall under the "puts himself ahead of the team" part.

P.S....that bald washed up moron Terry Bradshaw said LeVeon is the only chance the Steelers have at a SB.    He goes against the Steelers every chance he gets.   Wouldnt be a big deal if it wasnt always so obvious he is just like a bitter jaded ex girlfriend..

30 minutes ago, August4th said:

anyone see those recent picks of bell? looks like he put on a few pounds... we might get rookie version of bell if he comes back

I don't know what you are referring to, but last year he was heavier and slower. If he is a bit heavier and slower again this season, it can't help his value especially when he said he was going to be in the best shape of hi life etc. People have heard that one before, hype doesn't usually make contracts .  If our D continues to be this bad, they should trade Bell in hopes of getting this D fixed with some picks.  I know it isn't happening though , but wait and see

9 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I don't know what you are referring to, but last year he was heavier and slower. If he is a bit heavier and slower again this season, it can't help his value especially when he said he was going to be in the best shape of hi life etc. People have heard that one before, hype doesn't usually make contracts .  If our D continues to be this bad, they should trade Bell in hopes of getting this D fixed with some picks.  I know it isn't happening though , but wait and see

DnYV--sX0AIhOUm.jpgDnZFvGRX4AI2ZZB.jpg

looks like he has been spending way more time at the club than a gym ..maybe he can get himself back to playing shape in 7-8 weeks

maybe he can play NT.

Even if he signs after 10 weeks, I doubt he will be nearly as effective since he never had training camp, preseason and then regular season.  The reps help a player as the season progresses and our season might be in trouble by then anyways unless the D makes a turnaround. Being near last in D in a few main categories will nullify any miraculous return from Bell, the D is the problem. 

Archived