Worst Songs Thread

DoleINGout

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I think I missed a golden opportunity by not going to Japan when I was younger. I think I could have been a very successful artist over there.

On 6/27/2018 at 7:03 PM, Dwight_Schrute said:

Camila Cabello is a great artist. Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

Billy Joel, Dolly Parton, hell Niall Quinn were great artist.

Cabello can make some catchy music. But that does not make her a great artist.

I've thought on this a bit and have come to the conclusion that the answer for absolutely worst is My Pal Foot Foot (quoted above).

A lot of these other songs are completely awful lyrically, the voices are dreadful and most stuff isn't good. But they follow the basic premise of what music is. The beat follows a standard meter, the instruments are played in unison, vocals are either on beat or played intentionally off beat. There's something that is in some way non-offensive.

The Shaggs follow none of these conventions. They simply play instruments in a complete non-coherent fashion, as only someone who didn't understand even the slightest basics of music could possibly do. There's no timing, no rhythmic patterns, there's no anything. The instruments all play in different timing. It's as if a group of toddlers were given instruments and asked to play. The lyrics read as if pulled from a greeting card. There's no revue cadence to the vocals either. It is a complete failure of artistic expression.

Archived