Worst Songs Thread

DoleINGout

19 hours ago, iPwn said:

I've thought on this a bit and have come to the conclusion that the answer for absolutely worst is My Pal Foot Foot (quoted above).

A lot of these other songs are completely awful lyrically, the voices are dreadful and most stuff isn't good. But they follow the basic premise of what music is. The beat follows a standard meter, the instruments are played in unison, vocals are either on beat or played intentionally off beat. There's something that is in some way non-offensive.

The Shaggs follow none of these conventions. They simply play instruments in a complete non-coherent fashion, as only someone who didn't understand even the slightest basics of music could possibly do. There's no timing, no rhythmic patterns, there's no anything. The instruments all play in different timing. It's as if a group of toddlers were given instruments and asked to play. The lyrics read as if pulled from a greeting card. There's no revue cadence to the vocals either. It is a complete failure of artistic expression.

I think the link I posted earlier may technically beat it. But that song was intentionally designed to be abjectly awful, combining all of the things people hate most about various types of music.

However, I’ll give your Shaggs a nod over it for being so unintentionally terrible. Also becaue they’re @EliteTexan80‘s favorite band. He dreams of the day when they cover My Jeans.

34 minutes ago, fretgod99 said:

I think the link I posted earlier may technically beat it. But that song was intentionally designed to be abjectly awful, combining all of the things people hate most about various types of music.

However, I’ll give your Shaggs a nod over it for being so unintentionally terrible. Also becaue they’re @EliteTexan80‘s favorite band. He dreams of the day when they cover My Jeans.

Yeah, my post definitely comes with the caveat that it’s only encompassing music made without the intent to be awful.

I could go bang on the walls in an absurd pattern, play a guitar out of tune and then screech vocals with lyrics from the warning label of a medication and make something that is objectively worse than anything posted here. But it doesn’t quite seem fair to count that.

10 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

God I hate that song. Always have.

I immediately closed my browser window when I saw what it was. I can't stand that song.

Oh, and I know I might catch some flack for this (but then again, maybe not), but I also hate this song with a fiery passion: 

On 7/6/2018 at 8:44 AM, Malfatron said:

haha, i like that andrew wk song too

Off track, but if you all want a weird rabbit hole to go down, look up the theory that Andrew WK isn't the same person over the years. It's similar to the Avril Lavine one. 

Archived