LeBron James to the Lakers 4 Years/$154M

brownie man

28 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The 76ers can trade Bayless and anderson and have the cap room to sign Lebron

Then they can easily put together a great package for Leonard. Fultz and Covington would work math wise, plus picks. Maybe the Spurs get lucky and they give up Saric too. 

If i am the 76ers, assuming Leonard is 100% and would be willing to sign long term, and assuming Lebron would committ to the team as well, I am offering a package of Ben Simmons, Fultz and Korkmaz for Leonard. I would keep Covington if I could because the Lebron/Leonard/Covington trio would be able to guard anything. Simmons is not a great fit next to Lebron, and are they really going to have Simmons be the 4th option? You dont bring in Leonard to be the 4th option. send Simmons out to the Spurs and keep the 10th pick in the draft and Saric. 

Starting 5 of McConnel/Covington/Lebron/Leonard/Embiid with Saric able to play with the group while Lebron runs the point 

Sixers are better off keeping the space for next year than sending off Simmons and Fultz.  McConnel shouldn't be the starting PG for my local high school. 

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Sixers are better off keeping the space for next year than sending off Simmons and Fultz.  McConnel shouldn't be the starting PG for my local high school. 

Couldn't Bron play point? 

13 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Couldn't Bron play point? 

Not ideally for me. Especially if I'm trying to conserve him some in his advanced age. 

Their best chance at Bron and Leonard is trading Fultz, Cov, 10th pick and/or Dario for Kawhi and Mills and hope that's enough to convince LeBron to play in Philly. Try and get Redick back at the MLE. Trade Anderson and Bayless.

Simmons/Mills/TJ

Redick/Korkmaz

Kawhi/Belinelli(FA)

Bron/Illysova(FA)

Embiid/Holmes 

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I do. But what is funny is the media seems to try to push LeBron away from going to Philly by continuing to say how terrible of a fit it would be. It wouldn't be ideal and it take some sacrificing from both LeBron and Simmons, but it could absolutely work. LeBron would have to work more so on the block/elbow area, but that's exactly how he should end his career anyways. No need to waste so much energy running a thousand high pick and rolls a game and it's not like he will be the sole shot creator for his teammates. Simmons will be the best passer he has ever played with and he could take care of the playmaking role for the most part. And LeBron by accident will average six-seven assists a game by just passing out of the double teams. 

The defensive potential of that Philly team is insane. LeBron could be more aggressive trying to get steals and in the passing lane with Embiid behind him. I mean LeBron at this point isn't all of a sudden going to put maximum effort on that end of the floor but wouldn't have to either. Simmons will have to at least start attempting some jumpers like Rondo. Could still be suspect but can't just turn down every shot. Great defensive teams will eventually expose you. 

And one way to mitigate teams playing off of Simmons is having him as the roll man with LeBron running the pick and roll. So either teams will have to switch or then have Simmons either finish or find someone open off the roll. Definitely will have to re-sign Redick some how or another sniper. 

Then just imagine if Fultz gets a decent jump shot. This team will be an absolute machine. 

I worry for Embiid just as much as I do for Simmons. Embiid role is gonna change big time. Probably gonna be turned into a Bosh or Love.

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

also, I thought you couldn't add anything along with the S&T'ed player?

Correct as far as I'm aware.  It'd have to be a big S&T, something where he's making almost $17M in the first year.

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

also, I thought you couldn't add anything along with the S&T'ed player?

You can't.  Randle can't really be a part of this deal unless it's faked and there's 2 separate deals.  Like Randle for Leonard and then Lonzo, Kuzma, and draft picks for a 2nd rounder.

Wait so, I'm kind of confused.  Lets keep Kawhi Leonard out of this and focus on LeBron and Paul George.  Is it possible for the Lakers to sign both players without making any trades or cuts?  Someone keeps telling me the Lakers can sign both right now straight up, but I have always seen that the Lakers can make the space via trades or releasing players.

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

Wait so, I'm kind of confused.  Lets keep Kawhi Leonard out of this and focus on LeBron and Paul George.  Is it possible for the Lakers to sign both players without making any trades or cuts?  Someone keeps telling me the Lakers can sign both right now straight up, but I have always seen that the Lakers can make the space via trades or releasing players.

Not for their maxes, no.

3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

I worry for Embiid just as much as I do for Simmons. Embiid role is gonna change big time. Probably gonna be turned into a Bosh or Love.

Embiid will be the second option on the offensive end not the third like Bosh/Love. So no, I don't see him being put in the corner for spacing. He would get plenty of post ups, and then you could stagger his minutes with LeBron and feature him exclusively with the second unit. Embiid would be fine. 

And Bron is also going to want to do less as he ages. He is entering his 16th season. Embiid could be the featured offensive player in the system as soon as season two or three with LeBron. 

48 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Embiid will be the second option on the offensive end not the third like Bosh/Love. So no, I don't see him being put in the corner for spacing. He would get plenty of post ups, and then you could stagger his minutes with LeBron and feature him exclusively with the second unit. Embiid would be fine. 

And Bron is also going to want to do less as he ages. He is entering his 16th season. Embiid could be the featured offensive player in the system as soon as season two or three with LeBron. 

Love was the 2nd option all year 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Simmons is the third option? For as ball dominant as he is, he has to be first or second.

I don’t think Embiid would get plenty post ups, honestly. When was the last time LeBron played with a guy like that? Furthermore, LeBron has played this way his whole life so he’d be making a big adjustment. 

I don’t see the fit. Just don’t. 

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

So Simmons is the third option? For as ball dominant as he is, he has to be first or second.

I don’t think Embiid would get plenty post ups, honestly. When was the last time LeBron played with a guy like that? Furthermore, LeBron has played this way his whole life so he’d be making a big adjustment. 

I don’t see the fit. Just don’t. 

Simmons isn't going to be the first or second scorer playing alongside LeBron/Embiid. Well, not until he gets himself a jumper. But Simmons value isn't his scoring. He's going to get 15-18 a game just off transition and his ability to get to the cup. If anything, we will be seeing LeBron in the corner a lot more than usual. 

And of course LeBron would have to make same type of adjustment. That's a given regardless of where he plays. 

This fit thing tends to get real overstated. Usually talent figured itself out. You could do plenty of different things to make it work. And you haven't even brought up the defensive potential which will be scary. LeBron needs to go to a team with some young legs that could help him on the side of the floor he is no longer dominant in. 

42 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Simmons isn't going to be the first or second scorer playing alongside LeBron/Embiid. Well, not until he gets himself a jumper. But Simmons value isn't his scoring. He's going to get 15-18 a game just off transition and his ability to get to the cup. If anything, we will be seeing LeBron in the corner a lot more than usual. 

And of course LeBron would have to make same type of adjustment. That's a given regardless of where he plays. 

This fit thing tends to get real overstated. Usually talent figured itself out. You could do plenty of different things to make it work. And you haven't even brought up the defensive potential which will be scary. LeBron needs to go to a team with some young legs that could help him on the side of the floor he is no longer dominant in. 

It’s not just about scoring though, it’s about having the ball in your hands. You got two ball dominant guys who like to control the offense and a big man who likes to iso in the post. That balance is gonna be hard to find. 

But it’s not a given where he plays. Everywhere he’s gone, he’s had everything catered to his abilities directly or indirectly. I don’t imagine that being the same. You say you’d see LeBron in the corner more (which would be completely new to him), whose to say that LeBron won’t scratch that mid way through the year and have everything run through him per usual? 

Listen, if LeBron is on your team then your team as a whole is better. I’m moreso talking the individual parts. Like how’s Embiid gonna feel with a much lesser role?  Defensively they’ll be great I have no doubt about that. And that’s not what I’m questioning.

Archived