Vegas over/under win totals...

DirtyDez

3 hours ago, YoungJefe said:

To continue my point above looking at the Lakers roster I don't think they'd beat Golden State, Houston, or Utah in a 7 game series. And I also think teams like Denver, New Orleans, and possibly OKC could give them a run for their money as well. 

3 hours ago, YoungJefe said:

People are really overrating that Lakers supporting cast. They have a huge hole at center, lack rim protection, and don't have a ton of shooting. 

They have LeBron James.

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Who just last year went to two game 7s where the best player on the other teams were Victor Olapido and Al Horford. 

And his team this upcoming season is better than the team that went to those two games sevens.

I don't get why people constantly just look at rosters on paper.  Look at reality.  How likely is it that James Harden actually plays up to his standards in super high pressure playoff games?  He does the same thing every single season.  Regular season MVP favorite and then in the later rounds of the playoffs he starts to fade as the pressure builds and the opponents become tougher. 

Plus, the Rockets have an injury plagued Chris Paul and just lost Trevor Ariza.  I don't have any issue with you or anyone else picking the Rockets to beat the Lakers in a playoff series, but I sure as hell am not doing that.  

35 minutes ago, showtime said:

And his team this upcoming season is better than the team that went to those two games sevens.

doubt it. the only players that have played a meaningful NBA game are Rondo, McGee, and Lance. And the teams they will play are better than the freaken Pacers, Raptors, and last year Celtics.

And they will have to play a team with players like Jimmy Butler and KAT or Jrue Holiday and Anthony Davis in the 1st round instead of Victor Oladipo and Bojan Bogdanović. They legitimately might not make it to play the Rockets or Warriors. Even if they do win the 1st round they might play the Warriors in R2 and not the Rockets.  

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

doubt it. the only players that have played a meaningful NBA game are Rondo, McGee, and Lance. And the teams they will play are better than the freaken Pacers, Raptors, and last year Celtics.

And they will have to play a team with players like Jimmy Butler and KAT or Jrue Holiday and Anthony Davis in the 1st round instead of Victor Oladipo and Bojan Bogdanović. They legitimately might not make it to play the Rockets or Warriors. Even if they do win the 1st round they might play the Warriors in R2 and not the Rockets.  

There's no doubt in my mind that the Lakers current roster is better than the roster the Cavs had last year.  If they end up playing the Warriors then all bets are off.  The Lakers definitely cannot beat them.  I'm not saying that it's impossible for anyone in the west to beat the Lakers.  At the end of the day, give me LeBron James over any team in the west that isn't the Warriors.  Also, I'm extremely high on Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma playing with LeBron.... Like really high.  Probably more than most, but I just think it's going to work out really well.

8 hours ago, YoungJefe said:

To continue my point above looking at the Lakers roster I don't think they'd beat Golden State, Houston, or Utah in a 7 game series. And I also think teams like Denver, New Orleans, and possibly OKC could give them a run for their money as well. 

I'm not sure anyone think they're beating Golden State in a playoff series.  And right now, Houston probably is the better team at least on paper.  But we've got an entire season for them to grow, and a LeBron-led team is always going to be a threat.  Don't really see Denver or New Orleans as big a threat as you do.  I think the top 4 teams in the West when it comes to the playoffs includes Golden State, Houston, Utah, Oklahoma City, and the LA Lakers in some fashion.

3 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Who just last year went to two game 7s where the best player on the other teams were Victor Olapido and Al Horford. 

And playing with a significantly worst supporting cast than he is currently slotted to play with.  In terms of talent, Kevin Love is probably the second best player on either the Cavaliers or Lakers' rosters, but he's not an impact player by any means, and he lacks any real significant talent.  But it's the supporting cast around LeBron that's night and day.  LeBron played with a bunch of low basketball IQ players who refused or couldn't play defense.  That's not going to be the case with the Lakers.

35 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And playing with a significantly worst supporting cast than he is currently slotted to play with.  In terms of talent, Kevin Love is probably the second best player on either the Cavaliers or Lakers' rosters, but he's not an impact player by any means, and he lacks any real significant talent.  But it's the supporting cast around LeBron that's night and day.  LeBron played with a bunch of low basketball IQ players who refused or couldn't play defense.  That's not going to be the case with the Lakers.

Yes, tell me more about how the Lakers, who had the 2nd worse record of non-tanking teams last year, are gonna be an improvement over any playoff team tbh.

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Yes, tell me more about how the Lakers, who had the 2nd worse record of non-tanking teams last year, are gonna be an improvement over any playoff team tbh.

LeBron Freaking James.  He was a 8.9 VORP player last year, and they lost Julius Randle who was a 1.6 VORP player.  That's a net improvement of 7.3 VORP, so if you regress that to 7 VORP that's an extra 19 wins that you can attribute to LeBron.  Add those 19 wins to the Lakers, and they would have won 54 games which would have been 3rd in the Western Conference.  If you don't think the Lakers are a playoff team with LeBron, you're going to be in for a shock this season.

On 7/15/2018 at 3:37 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

I find your lack of respect for the Pacers disturbing.  Like I said, 48-27 with Oladipo.  People for some reason let the low expectations from last year cloud their perception instead of objectively looking at how good they are.  Are you aware that they had the same record as those teams you mentioned?

It's also funny how you keep mentioning bogdanovic as if he's our second best player.  Your ignorance of a small market team is expected but maybe you should stop talking about them like you know anything.

I really hope the reports thats the Cavs arent looking to tank and will try to compete are true so that when they make the playoffs people will finally realize that LeBron is both a blessing and a curse.

10 hours ago, Raves said:

I really hope the reports thats the Cavs arent looking to tank and will try to compete are true so that when they make the playoffs people will finally realize that LeBron is both a blessing and a curse.

Have fun with that thought.

Archived