Kawhi Leonard Traded to Toronto for DeMar DeRozan

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

So Paul George shot 2-16 in an elimination game on purpose?

I was referring to his defensive effort. He let the gym teacher splash threes constantly. Those close outs on Ingles shots were lazy. Offensively he shat the bed but on defense he was just as bad. But the lack of effort was more of the problem more than anything...

14 minutes ago, showtime said:

They could get some draft picks and maybe a young piece for Leonard.  Maybe they do a deal with the Lakers for future picks and Brandon Ingram.  That would be a heck of a lot better than Leonard walking and them getting nothing and it helps them rebuild for the future.  Plus, around that time (December-ish) the Lakers could also trade the one year deals (Rondo, McGee, Stephenson) to help with salary cap implications.

I think the Lakers need to try their hardest to swoop in here because if Leonard becomes a free agent then the Clippers are a real threat.  In terms of a trade, the Clippers aren't a threat because they don't have the assets the Lakers have.  

Leonard getting traded to the Raptors is actually really good for the Lakers chances of getting him, unless he does the unthinkable and gives the Raptors assurance he will re-sign with them around December, which I'm assuming he will not do.

I mean, if the Lakers wouldn't offer up Brandon Ingram to the Spurs for Kawhi Leonard what makes you think they'd deal him to the Raptors at the deadline?  At best, I think you're looking at something like Kyle Kuzma, Lance Stephenson, Rajon Rondo, and a FRP for Kawhi.  If the Raptors come calling at the deadline willing to listen on Kawhi, the Lakers have no reason to give up anything of significant value.

The Clippers are being ridiculously overstated as a threat.  They're not convincing Kawhi to sign with them over the Lakers.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, if the Lakers wouldn't offer up Brandon Ingram to the Spurs for Kawhi Leonard what makes you think they'd deal him to the Raptors at the deadline?  At best, I think you're looking at something like Kyle Kuzma, Lance Stephenson, Rajon Rondo, and a FRP for Kawhi.  If the Raptors come calling at the deadline willing to listen on Kawhi, the Lakers have no reason to give up anything of significant value.

The Clippers are being ridiculously overstated as a threat.  They're not convincing Kawhi to sign with them over the Lakers.

Well, the Raptors might take a deal like that from the Lakers if they feel convinced Leonard will not re-sign with them.  

Just now, showtime said:

Well, the Raptors might take a deal like that from the Lakers if they feel convinced Leonard will not re-sign with them.  

I mean, if the Lakers are offering anything of long-term value and they're convinced that there's no chance that Kawhi re-signs with him, sure.  But the Lakers aren't essentially giving them the same package that the Spurs should have accepted.  If the Lakers didn't deal Brandon Ingram in a Kawhi deal with the Spurs, they're certainly not giving him up at the deadline to the Raptors.

I know a lot of you don't take Cris Carter seriously, but he is really close with Kawhi Leonard's uncle (who is his agent) and he said that Leonard wanting to be in Los Angeles isn't going to change.  When the rumors first came out about Leonard wanting to be traded and reports started surfacing that the Spurs would try to convince Leonard to stay - Carter said that Leonard will not change his mind about wanting to be traded from the Spurs.  Carter went on to say and continues to say that Leonard is not the type of person to change his mind.  He says that it doesn't really matter what team Leonard plays on this upcoming season, he is going to Los Angeles no matter what next season.

Apparently, Leonard is the type of person that once he makes up his mind, that's it.  He's set on that and will not waver.  If so, that seems great for the Lakers.  

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I know a lot of you don't take Cris Carter seriously, but he is really close with Kawhi Leonard's uncle (who is his agent) and he said that Leonard wanting to be in Los Angeles isn't going to change.  When the rumors first came out about Leonard wanting to be traded and reports started surfacing that the Spurs would try to convince Leonard to stay - Carter said that Leonard will not change his mind about wanting to be traded from the Spurs.  Carter went on to say and continues to say that Leonard is not the type of person to change his mind.  He says that it doesn't really matter what team Leonard plays on this upcoming season, he is going to Los Angeles no matter what next season.

Apparently, Leonard is the type of person that once he makes up his mind, that's it.  He's set on that and will not waver.  If so, that seems great for the Lakers.  

Just like Paul George, right? 

Meh. 

Just now, renndawg37 said:

Just like Paul George, right? 

Meh. 

Paul George and Kawhi Leonard are different people.  Maybe you didn't know that.

By the way, I'm not saying that Leonard is going to go to Los Angeles.  Other people are saying that.

Just now, showtime said:

Paul George and Kawhi Leonard are different people.  Maybe you didn't know that.

By the way, I'm not saying that Leonard is going to go to Los Angeles.  Other people are saying that.

You don't say. Thanks for clarifying. 

My point is that it is that we don't know ish when it comes to what Leonard will do a year from now. Now and a year from now are different times. Maybe you didn't know that. 

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

Woj pretty much said he's going to the Lakers...

1 minute ago, renndawg37 said:

You don't say. Thanks for clarifying. 

My point is that it is that we don't know ish when it comes to what Leonard will do a year from now. Now and a year from now are different times. Maybe you didn't know that. 

I don't know Kawhi Leonard or his uncle.  Cris Carter does.  We'll see what happens.  And lets see if Leonard changes his mind.

Archived