Kawhi Leonard Traded to Toronto for DeMar DeRozan

J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

My point is that it is that we don't know ish when it comes to what Leonard will do a year from now. Now and a year from now are different times. Maybe you didn't know that. 

Sure.  That very well could be the case.  But the fact that other teams didn't even submit a real offer tells you where they think he's going.  Maybe he sticks with Toronto.  At this point, he's overwhelmingly more likely to leave.

Just now, renndawg37 said:

Can you ask him the winning lottery numbers for next week too? 

I guess we will find out a year from now.  If you don't want to acknowledge the very real concept that Kawhi can leave, you're going to be incredibly disappointed when it happens.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Sure.  That very well could be the case.  But the fact that other teams didn't even submit a real offer tells you where they think he's going.  Maybe he sticks with Toronto.  At this point, he's overwhelmingly more likely to leave.

He probably will leave. Acting like it is a done deal is jumping the gun though. Even if he does leave, the Raps will be in better shape than they were yesterday. 

1 minute ago, renndawg37 said:

Can you ask him the winning lottery numbers for next week too? 

I think the basis these people are leaning towards is the fact that people who are close to Leonard testify that he is not the type of person who will change his mind or be persuaded by others to change.  

Maybe none of that stuff is true.  

1 minute ago, renndawg37 said:

He probably will leave. Acting like it is a done deal is jumping the gun though. Even if he does leave, the Raps will be in better shape than they were yesterday. 

Yes, the situation is a win-win for the Raptors no matter what happens.  

Just now, renndawg37 said:

You're right.  But you have to operate under the assumption that he would leave.  There's a reason why neither Boston or Philadelphia offered anyone notable off their roster.  Hell, the most recent report out of Philadelphia was that the Sixers weren't willing to deal Markelle Fultz (as we already knew) or Dario Saric.  So you're offering a package based around Robert Covington and Jerryd Bayless to make salaries to work, and picks.  That's not a very good offer, and the best pick you can offer is that Miami '21 FRP.  That being said, I LOVE that gamble for the Raptors.  It won't work out, but it's better to get DeRozan off the books.  Hell, even if Toronto decides to flip him at the deadline for expirings and a FRP or two to a team whose trying to make a run for the title.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

Yes, the situation is a win-win for the Raptors no matter what happens.  

This we can agree on dude. But it's all irrelevant anyways until the Golden State Basketball Association is disbanded :D:(

I don't get why some people are saying this trade was bad for the Raptors.  It was great for the Raptors.  I was listening to some 'experts' who say the Raptors are fools for this trade.  To me, the Spurs are the big losers in this trade.  The Raptors won by a clear margin.

Just now, showtime said:

I don't get why some people are saying this trade was bad for the Raptors.  It was great for the Raptors.  I was listening to some 'experts' who say the Raptors are fools for this trade.  To me, the Spurs are the big losers in this trade.  The Raptors won by a clear margin.

I truly can't believe some of these clowns get paid good money to spew out this nonsense. 

21 minutes ago, showtime said:

I know a lot of you don't take Cris Carter seriously, but he is really close with Kawhi Leonard's uncle (who is his agent) and he said that Leonard wanting to be in Los Angeles isn't going to change.  When the rumors first came out about Leonard wanting to be traded and reports started surfacing that the Spurs would try to convince Leonard to stay - Carter said that Leonard will not change his mind about wanting to be traded from the Spurs.  Carter went on to say and continues to say that Leonard is not the type of person to change his mind.  He says that it doesn't really matter what team Leonard plays on this upcoming season, he is going to Los Angeles no matter what next season.

Apparently, Leonard is the type of person that once he makes up his mind, that's it.  He's set on that and will not waver.  If so, that seems great for the Lakers.  

That’s why in the end Leonard will be a Laker. I trust these type of sources. 

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

i wouldn't say that toronto has any financial flexibility 

How so? If Kawhi bolts after this season we have DD money available to throw at a UFA and JV I believe will be off the books after this season.

Options are a beautiful thing 

7 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

I truly can't believe some of these clowns get paid good money to spew out this nonsense. 

I've seen some ridiculous tweets regarding Kawhi not liking Toronto and things like that.

Toronto is the 4th largest market outside of LA, NY and Chicago. Taxes under Doug Ford about to go down considerably as well.

2 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I've seen some ridiculous tweets regarding Kawhi not liking Toronto and things like that.

Toronto is the 4th largest market outside of LA, NY and Chicago. Taxes under Doug Ford about to go down considerably as well.

I mean, comparing Toronto to Los Angeles...

Archived