The NFC East hasn't had a repeat Division winner since 2003/04 season. Will that continue?

aceinthehouse

14 hours ago, Gmen said:

@Yin-Yang I was waiting for "that guy" to show up.  Fantasy football provides excellent player rankings because it's unbiased.  Why is it unbiased?  Because it's fans from various different teams, and  there is money to be made.  There are football fans putting down cold hard cash (in my case $100 per league), and they're betting that Saquon Barkley and Odell Beckham will be top producers this season.   You can sit here and tell me that the Jaguars and Vikings have better offensive talent than the Giants with nothing to lose.  But people that actually have cash on the line have spoken, and they wholeheartedly disagree. 

Here are the average fantasy draft positions to date

https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp

4b593898171fc7a25f605003f8c20270--billy-

You can have all the talent you want at your skill positions but if you have flaws at QB and O-line, it doesn't really matter. Admittedly, the left side of the Giants' O-line looks solid with Solder and Hernandez, but from Center to RT is just so unbelievably bad. Opposing teams know this. The likelihood of the Giants having success on obvious passing downs is slim. Eli's still decent but looks more timid and is clearly deteriorating. They'll win more games and might even be in the Wildcard conversation but Gettleman blew it in the draft. They had the perfect situation fall into their laps. Have Darnold sit behind Eli for a year and then you have a new franchise QB leading your team for four more years on his rookie contract. Instead, they choose to go with a slightly cracked window that's about to close. Then what's the plan next year? Overpay for Jameis, Flacco, or Foles? The Giants won't be in the conversation for division champs for a while.

Dallas is a good team but Philly is better at every position except for LB and RB. The coaching in Philly is clearly better as well. Aaaand the Skins are the Skins. There's no logical reason to think any team will finish above Philly in the East.

I think PHI takes this division rather easily IMO (by at least 2 games) unless Wentz misses multiple games.  Dallas will be pretty average, Wash as well even if they stay healthy.  NYG should be much improved but still can't trust that OL or Eli at this point either.  Flat out love the skill positions and maybe the D can bounce back to solid but I've seen this before with teams loaded there but lack talent on the OL and QB negates such talent. 

PHI is loaded on the DL and offensively.  No reason to think they won't win 11+ games (again unless Wentz misses multiple games) and since I don't see another double digit win team in the division I see them winning easily.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

I think PHI takes this division rather easily IMO (by at least 2 games) unless Wentz misses multiple games.  Dallas will be pretty average, Wash as well even if they stay healthy.  NYG should be much improved but still can't trust that OL or Eli at this point either.  Flat out love the skill positions and maybe the D can bounce back to solid but I've seen this before with teams loaded there but lack talent on the OL and QB which negates such talent. 

PHI is loaded on the DL and offensively.  No reason to think they won't win 11+ games (again unless Wentz misses multiple games) and since I don't see another double digit win team in the division I see them winning easily.

If Wentz misses multiple games, the Eagles still have the 2nd best QB in the division 

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

If Wentz misses multiple games, the Eagles still have the 2nd best QB in the division 

Never loved Foles even with that great playoff run.  He could throw a dud in here or there that could cost you winnable games.  

I still have PHI as the favorites if Foles started the whole season but just not the runaway I expect with Wentz.

3 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

You can have all the talent you want at your skill positions but if you have flaws at QB and O-line, it doesn't really matter. Admittedly, the left side of the Giants' O-line looks solid with Solder and Hernandez, but from Center to RT is just so unbelievably bad. Opposing teams know this. The likelihood of the Giants having success on obvious passing downs is slim. Eli's still decent but looks more timid and is clearly deteriorating. They'll win more games and might even be in the Wildcard conversation but Gettleman blew it in the draft. They had the perfect situation fall into their laps. Have Darnold sit behind Eli for a year and then you have a new franchise QB leading your team for four more years on his rookie contract. Instead, they choose to go with a slightly cracked window that's about to close. Then what's the plan next year? Overpay for Jameis, Flacco, or Foles? The Giants won't be in the conversation for division champs for a while.

Dallas is a good team but Philly is better at every position except for LB and RB. The coaching in Philly is clearly better as well. Aaaand the Skins are the Skins. There's no logical reason to think any team will finish above Philly in the East.

Eli will be just fine as long as he has OBJ to throw to.  Now add Saquon Barkley, Evan Engram and a real left tackle into the mix... Wouldn’t be surprised to see a 4400 yard, 35 TD type of season from Eli

49 minutes ago, Gmen said:

A 91.5 passer rating is nothing to write home about, especially with so many targets going to a WR of Odell's caliber.  That rating would have put him at 15th best this past season.  I guess it's an improvement from being ranked 25th, which is what he was in reality last year.

1 minute ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

A 91.5 passer rating is nothing to write home about, especially with so many targets going to a WR of Odell's caliber.  That rating would have put him at 15th best this past season.  I guess it's an improvement from being ranked 25th, which is what he was in reality last year.

A constantly double teamed Odell. For further insight, check out the Giants rushing numbers during that stretch.  

People love to crap on Eli, but the Giants wasted his prime due to poor drafting, particularly along the offensive line.  

29 minutes ago, Gmen said:

A constantly double teamed Odell. For further insight, check out the Giants rushing numbers during that stretch.  

People love to crap on Eli, but the Giants wasted his prime due to poor drafting, particularly along the offensive line.  

Poor Eli.

57 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Poor Eli.

Not pitying Eli.  He’ll be a HOFer and has made over $150 million.  As a greedy fan I think we could have had a 3rd Super Bowl win if they built around him properly.

Archived