BDL 2018 Summer Owners Meeting

SirA1

On 7/28/2018 at 7:42 PM, SirA1 said:

Topic 6: Increase the minimum opening bid in FA from 40% salary to 50% salary.

Yes (8) - SirA1, Xmad, JLash, Pheltz, Ted, Whicker, Dingo, Ragnarok

No (5) - BcB, MD4L, Skunkapes, Hockey, PR

I would like to get Topics 5 and 6 settled before proceeding to the final topic for this Owners meeting.

@Counselor @WFLukic @PR @RuskieTitan

Cast a vote for progress and fair wages or not.

20 minutes ago, SkunkApes said:

I've already voted on every topic, those votes have not changed.

Noted. Several of the topics have changed though or been altered slightly through discussion.

6 hours ago, SirA1 said:

I would like to get Topics 5 and 6 settled before proceeding to the final topic for this Owners meeting.

@DingoLadd @SkunkApes @Counselor @WFLukic @PR @Ragnarok @RuskieTitan @Hockey5djh

I honestly dont think that will change anything with people messing up bids. It literally always comes down 1. Trying to figure out if it is 40% of total contract or the average IRL contract. 2. The additional math involved when adding or decreasing years. If your intention is to increase contracts to get players paid zi loan yes. If your intention is to fix FA so stupid people wont be stupid people then this will have 0 effect.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:45 PM, SirA1 said:

So for Topic 6 my reasoning is twofold. Make the math simpler since people seem to get the 40% wrong a lot of the time. Remove the opening day or so back and forth minimum bidding that get to the 50% number anyway.

What this change will do is the following. Say for a player on a contract that has an AVG salary of $5,000 on Spotrac by our numbers. His starting bid would be $2,500/year instead of $2,000. So it's a minimal difference of $500 per year in that example.

For those that have talked about raising the minimum salary amount for the contract above 2 years this is kind of starting that argument in the right direction.

I'll vote No to 6. From what I saw this year there's minimal "1 and done" FA pitches. I don't see how raising the starting number 10% really does anything.

On 7/30/2018 at 6:05 PM, SirA1 said:

@Ragnarok any thoughts on this one?

I'll go no on 5.  I would actually prefer a lottery for PFA.  

On 7/30/2018 at 6:08 PM, SirA1 said:

@DingoLadd @SkunkApes @Counselor @WFLukic @PR @Ragnarok @RuskieTitan @Hockey5djh

I'll say yes to 6.  I think most FA deals get there anyways, and the ones that don't are mid-level or potential guys.  So let's help them out.

On 7/30/2018 at 7:05 PM, SirA1 said:

Topic 5: PFA Scramble order flipped from first to worst for Round 2.

Yes (8) - SirA1, Bcb, Pheltz, MD4L, Lukic, Dingo, Ted, XMad

No (7) - Hockey, PR, Counselor, Ruskie, JLash, Whicker, Ragnarok 

So this was not on of the original Topics you had to vote on. I'll give until Midnight and then go with the majority.

@SkunkApes

On 7/30/2018 at 7:08 PM, SirA1 said:

Topic 6: Increase the minimum opening bid in FA from 40% salary to 50% salary.

Yes (8) - SirA1, Xmad, JLash, Pheltz, Ted, Whicker, Dingo, Ragnarok

No (5) - BcB, MD4L, Skunkapes, Hockey, PR

@Counselor @RuskieTitan @PR @WFLukic sounds off please. I'll keep this one open until Midnight and then go with the majority.

I feel like this is the correct choice for better Contract/Cap management. And combined with the Salary Cap increase should help prevent issues like the Joel Bitonio situation JLash had. Just that little bit of savings will go a long way towards getting a lot more guys signed.

Here is what we had happen this year 3 Up wise.

No signings - 1 team

1 Signings - 6 teams

2 Signings - 4 teams

3 Signings - 5 teams

So barely a 3rd of the league is using all of their 3 ups. It's not a home town discount just a tool used to keep a good player on your roster for a fair amount. The entirely of FA is a much deeper discount. And the Shark tank is the bargain bin.

26 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

No to 7.

Multiple hometown discounts a year is highly unrealistic anyways, and increasing that makes little sense.

I think you are viewing this in the wrong way. We have very few contracts that are 100% equal to the NFL. We have bigger rosters, a different draft pay scale, crazy back end of the roster contracts like Shark Tank and Waivers. 

I view the 3 Up as our modified version of a Keeper system like Fantasy Football. It's simply a tool. 

If you are worried about the "players" getting paid then that is also a fallacy since Joel Bitonio got about 2/3rd of what he would have gotten on a 3Up for a longer term in our cheaper version of FA.

Archived