Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Nodisrespect said:

They should if they don't want to pay him.

I dont think Gruden believes any defensive player is worth 20+ mill per. I dont believe this is on Reggie. Mack will go down as the best player Reg ever drafted, I believe if it was up to him the deal would be done or way further along than they reportedly are now. 

If this deal doesn't get done and Mack is traded, I'm blaming Gruden. I have been on record all offseason fearing this exact situation and it has come to fruition. 

21 hours ago, Dessie said:

Naive to say that it’s not a bad look. Mack wants the Raiders to give him some security and appreciate his worth like they did with Carr and Gruden. Making your star (best) player play on a 1 year deal is not a good look...at all.

Yet teams do it every single year and it's no big deal. Bell, OBJ, Donald . . . list goes on. 

As long as their is a 5th year option, this will continue. Teams hold the leverage. Agent can cry "pay him or trade him" about their client, but so what? Their is a deadline... it's called week 1 when it starts costing them real money. 

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

We've had disagreements over the yesrs Dessie but this is spot on. You don't make star players play on one year deals unless you are fully prepared to not retain their services (Redskins never planned on keeping Cousins long term). It's basically an insult to make them play on a one year deal. They've already proved themselves. Give them their reward and security. We can still pay him 13M this year and his increase starts next year. Usually how these extensions work. 

Their "reward" is getting 5th year at in Mack's case 13.8 million dollars. 

A player under contract under the CBA the PLAYERS association agreed upon and it's an insult not to bend over for the player and the agent? I would hate for some of you fans to run a business. 

I get that Mack (and countless others) have outplayed their rookie contracts. But they are still UNDER CONTRACT by the rules put in place. Tired of this perceived notion that you need to cater to players and their agents or you're "insulting them" or "need to reward them". This is a business.... their are contracts for a reason. 

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I dont think Gruden believes any defensive player is worth 20+ mill per. I dont believe this is on Reggie. Mack will go down as the best player Reg ever drafted, I believe if it was up to him the deal would be done or way further along than they reportedly are now. 

If this deal doesn't get done and Mack is traded, I'm blaming Gruden. I have been on record all offseason fearing this exact situation and it has come to fruition. 

Nothing has "come to fruition." Some of you need to step off the 24/7 sports news cycle who have nothing better to do that talk about what if and speculation from anonymous sources.

Notice... Earl Thomas is holding out. Donald, holding out for a second straight year, hardly even getting coverage. Mack... dominating the airwaves. Why? Because it's the Raiders and people have their pitchforks out for John Gruden. They want dysfunction and failure from Gruden to support their narratives. And some of you are feeding right into it. 

Media won't attack their darlings Carroll and McVey on holdouts. Tomlin getting any media flack over Bell's holdouts and franchise tags? No. 

Again.... the pitchfork crowd who want nothing more than to see Gruden fail have latched onto the only bait they currently have. A run of the mill contract holdout on a 4th year player, with a 5th year option.

50 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Yet teams do it every single year and it's no big deal. Bell, OBJ, Donald . . . list goes on. 

As long as their is a 5th year option, this will continue. Teams hold the leverage. Agent can cry "pay him or trade him" about their client, but so what? Their is a deadline... it's called week 1 when it starts costing them real money. 

No big deal? Are you really saying Bell is happy with the situation in Pittsburgh, that is laughable.

You seem to siding with teams perspective and completely discounting the players view. Mack has performed brilliantly for the Raiders, doesn’t miss games and you think that making him play on a 1 year deal is acceptable?  

What happens is that players become disenchanted with the FO and will look to move on. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Their "reward" is getting 5th year at in Mack's case 13.8 million dollars. 

A player under contract under the CBA the PLAYERS association agreed upon and it's an insult not to bend over for the player and the agent? I would hate for some of you fans to run a business. 

I get that Mack (and countless others) have outplayed their rookie contracts. But they are still UNDER CONTRACT by the rules put in place. Tired of this perceived notion that you need to cater to players and their agents or you're "insulting them" or "need to reward them". This is a business.... their are contracts for a reason. 

I doubt you'll be saying this if Mack gets traded. This is thw landscape of the NFL. Star players don't play on one year deals. They could get injured and never see a dime of guaranteed money after putting in so much hard work for a monster contract. 

33 minutes ago, Dessie said:

No big deal? Are you really saying Bell is happy with the situation in Pittsburgh, that is laughable.

You seem to siding with teams perspective and completely discounting the players view. Mack has performed brilliantly for the Raiders, doesn’t miss games and you think that making him play on a 1 year deal is acceptable?  

What happens is that players become disenchanted with the FO and will look to move on. 

I'm saying as long as Bell continues to get fat checks as he will, then he will be happy. This is all about MONEY. That's it. Mack will get his, eventually just like every other 5th year option player. Has Bell become disenchanted? Has he stopped playing and pouted? No.... he shows up, plays and collects his check. 

Mack isn't playing on a 1 year deal. He's playing on a 5th year option. Yes, under the current agreement that is acceptable. 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I doubt you'll be saying this if Mack gets traded. This is thw landscape of the NFL. Star players don't play on one year deals. They could get injured and never see a dime of guaranteed money after putting in so much hard work for a monster contract. 

Players play on 1 year deals all the time. That's why they have a franchise tag. 

I love Mack, I don't want to see him traded. But this is in face the landscape of the NFL. The CBA built in a 5th year option and teams exercise that to their star 1st round draft picks to retain their rights. It's a TEAM option. Not a PLAYER option. So the team is well within their contractual rights. 

Do I think Mack should be paid, yes. Should Donald, 100%. Thomas.... yes again. Should teams cater to every player that wants an extension or raise, no. It's business... that's not how you run a business. 

In the end, contract will get done and this will be moot. 

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'm saying as long as Bell continues to get fat checks as he will, then he will be happy. This is all about MONEY. That's it. Mack will get his, eventually just like every other 5th year option player. Has Bell become disenchanted? Has he stopped playing and pouted? No.... he shows up, plays and collects his check. 

Mack isn't playing on a 1 year deal. He's playing on a 5th year option. Yes, under the current agreement that is acceptable. 

This the same Bell that said ‘what more does he need to do to feel wanted’ and his agent has said that this is likely his last season in Pittsburgh smh. 

58 minutes ago, Nodisrespect said:

Obj just signed for over 19 mil as a wide receiver and getting caught in a hotel doing questionable things.

OBJ and Bell both have questionable off field behavior, both have been suspended before. Donald held out last year and now this year, has been suspended before. Khalil is literally the perfect player on and off the field and it sickens me how we apparently are treating him.

If Mark Davis has any balls, he'll step in and get this done. You dont play games and gamble with generational talents like Mack.

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

OBJ and Bell both have questionable off field behavior, both have been suspended before. Donald held out last year and now this year, has been suspended before. Khalil is literally the perfect player on and off the field and it sickens me how we apparently are treating him.

If Mark Davis has any balls, he'll step in and get this done. You dont play games and gamble with generational talents like Mack.

It sickens you the way they are treating him. He's due 13.8 million dollars on his 5th year option. He's getting treated no different than any start player who's held out to try and force a new contract. It's a tool agents have at their disposal. 

How many teams do you see falling over themselves to resolve holdouts? You see Kronke mis-treating Donald for 2 offseasons now..... what a jerk.

You don't bend over to players under contract. Some of you have zero business sense. Stop looking at this emotionally for 2 seconds. 

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

This is what bugs me the most. I understand it's alot of money but he's a face of the franchise type like Larry Fitzgerald or Peyton Manning. He has zero red flags regarding character and effort going back to college. Couple that with his play and there's few elite talents in the league that i'd be more comfortable investing that heavily in. Barring a catastrophic injury that cripples him, he will live up to any contract we give him and he's given no reason to ever doubt that he will.

Archived