Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

48 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Derek carr? Gabe? Cooper? 

2014 class saved his you know what... this how been dragged on in another thread... The centerpiece of that class was Mack and Carr. Cooper is okay, but he was a top 5 pick... not like reggie drafted him in the 4th round....  

I want Mack back but not if it hurts the team. The money he wants will surpass Suh. And that contract strangled the fins so much they cut him and ate huge cap. I dont want to see that here...again. Anyone ever thought about what happens if he does get the huge contract? He and car both over 20 mil. Who else is gonna play. Better yet what happens if both get hurt? Cant hate the organization for protecting the organization. Mack is amazing. But I'm a Raiders not a just a Mack fan. If he played somewhere else I dont know that I'd love the guy as much as I do. So if he gets traded and the team is able to continue to build I'm ok with that. If he gets paid and we start to lose talent and cant re sign our own or bring in Free Agents...not so sure I'm ok with that. He has a value and it's not 22 mil a yr. Probably closer to 18. But in the end I think it gets done. I think he gets close to what he wants. I think it gets written so that his contract and Carr's split the cap increase for a few yrs.

we aren't really paying anyone big money on defense.... I don't see the problem with paying Mack to dollar... even if Conely Hurst Key and Conely break out, they are all cheap for awhile

his a new bit of information

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000952201/article/raiders-want-at-least-2-firstround-picks-for-mack

I'm only trading Mack for a kings ransom

As they should. I really hope something gets done and soon. And I get people being mad because Carr got paid and they are waiting to pay Mack. But truth is Carr is more important. Like him or not he impacts the win loss column more than Mack ever will. If Mack breaks his leg instead of Carr we get to at least the second round of the playoffs. And while we dont have any big money spent on the D Mack has been on that D for 4 years and it has been bad the whole time. Now it's not in any way his fault. I'm just saying I can see where the organization is coming from. I dont particularly like it. But I understand it.

7 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

As they should. I really hope something gets done and soon. And I get people being mad because Carr got paid and they are waiting to pay Mack. But truth is Carr is more important. Like him or not he impacts the win loss column more than Mack ever will. If Mack breaks his leg instead of Carr we get to at least the second round of the playoffs. And while we dont have any big money spent on the D Mack has been on that D for 4 years and it has been bad the whole time. Now it's not in any way his fault. I'm just saying I can see where the organization is coming from. I dont particularly like it. But I understand it.

Mark paid Gruden a crazy contract, never heard of a 10 year contract to a coach... Mark shouldn't be cheap now, he is going have so much more revenue going to Vegas, and the Bay Area fans deserve the best possible product these next 2 years. That is the least they deserve, native Oakland fans will feel the same as Seattle Supersonics fans did when they left the state...

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Mark paid Gruden a crazy contract, never heard of a 10 year contract to a coach... Mark shouldn't be cheap now, he is going have so much more revenue going to Vegas, and the Bay Area fans deserve the best possible product these next 2 years. That is the least they deserve, native Oakland fans will feel the same as Seattle Supersonics fans did when they left the state...

Several coaches are paid 7+ mil a year.  Pete freaking Carroll is at 8.  10 isn't that far off course for someone who you (Mark Davis) really wants.  So, I'd say get over that.  

1 minute ago, BigD1123 said:

Coaches contracts don't count against the cap. And his contract is only slightly the highest. It is the length that is unusual.

All true.  It's like people think salaries don't go up.  A coach was going to hit 10 a season at some point.  Why not now with Gruden?  

The length? Eh.  If he underperforms Mark will fire him, and probably Reggie, and move on.  There'll be so much money coming in from the Vegas move, it won't matter.  

Show me a successfull team who gives 20+M to 2 players on long term deals?

There is no such team.

With the increasing salary cap I hope we manage to lock Mack and still be able to create a strong overall roster. 

32 minutes ago, Rolni said:

There is no such team.

With the increasing salary cap I hope we manage to lock Mack and still be able to create a strong overall roster. 

The key is locking guys into contracts that in 3-4 years seem to be bargain deals.  Maybe 20-22m seems outrageous ATM.  But three or four years down the line when the next big thing is getting 25-28 million it won't seem so God awful.  

Factor in the cap going up, and Reggie being a wizard.  Factor in a ton of capital from the Vegas move.  I think it's not as doom and gloom as everyone thinks.  

Another thing to consider is we won't have to offer as much to free agents as other teams because Nevada is a no income tax state.  Iirc.  So we are at a competitive advantage when it comes to brokering deals for current players and free agents.  

Yeah this is what I'm also hoping for. The cap is growing and Carr's deal will already be a solid one if he gets back to TOP10 level, the same could happen with Mack in a few years time.

Still 40+M tied to 2 players even in a 200M cap is not easy to deal with...

2 hours ago, Rolni said:

There is no such team.

Derek is a deal now. And by time his contract is over he will be toward middle of league in salary. Mack as well will be like top 10 by time his contract runs its course. Cap goes up every uear as do these contracts for the big players. We have goos cap sitnation moving forward after this year. 

SIGN HIM. 

7 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

I want Mack back but not if it hurts the team. The money he wants will surpass Suh. And that contract strangled the fins so much they cut him and ate huge cap. I dont want to see that here...again. Anyone ever thought about what happens if he does get the huge contract? He and car both over 20 mil. Who else is gonna play. Better yet what happens if both get hurt? Cant hate the organization for protecting the organization. Mack is amazing. But I'm a Raiders not a just a Mack fan. If he played somewhere else I dont know that I'd love the guy as much as I do. So if he gets traded and the team is able to continue to build I'm ok with that. If he gets paid and we start to lose talent and cant re sign our own or bring in Free Agents...not so sure I'm ok with that. He has a value and it's not 22 mil a yr. Probably closer to 18. But in the end I think it gets done. I think he gets close to what he wants. I think it gets written so that his contract and Carr's split the cap increase for a few yrs.

This is a rare situation. The Raiders hit on QB and Pass rusher in the same draft. Both have excelled and were/are deserving of contract extensions. But in the end, you'll have 2 guys eating up 22% of the cap I believe I read somewhere. That could really limit the team long term. 

Hope is, you get Mack under contract and you win big in this window while some of the younger guys are on rookie deals. The way the NFL salary cap is set up now favors younger players on their rookie contracts when team building. Kind of sucks that way.

Archived