Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

The Martavis Bryant fart makes the Khalil Mack move even more unjustifiable.

The only way you can rationalize the Mack trade is by coldly looking at the numbers and saying that two high assets on favorable contracts + the cap savings is worth more overall than a single $23.5/year pass rusher in the aggregate.  The Martavis catastrophe just makes clear that this is not how Gruden and his cronies are analyzing the situation at all given that they decided to trade a low cost valuable asset for a WR with significant character risk on a one year deal.

Really makes me think that this was somehow a personality conflict with Gruden and the decision was made out of ego. Ugh.

5 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

Reggie hasn’t been the best trader/drafter either. Good at managing the cap but that’s about where it ends. 

I'd feel more confident trading Mack for picks if Reggie McKenzie had shown he can build through the draft. But it's the exact opposite we traded Mack and will likely end up with two mid-first round picks that are used on guys like DJ Hayden and Karl Joseph. Hell, I'm not even bummed that we gave up a second round pick considering Obi, Ward, and MEJ couldn't produce here after being high selections. 

I truly feel bad for Raiders fans. Mack is one of the best players in the NFL and the Raiders shipped him off. Like you build through the draft and the one time the Raiders got it right in the draft they decided they don’t want to pay him. I don’t know what Gruden is doing but if reports are true that Gruden was pondering trading Mack as soon as he took the job then he should’ve traded him before the 2018 draft that way the Raiders could’ve had picks in this draft to build the team up. Like now y’all have to wait till the 2019 and 2020 draft to see what happens with these picks. I believe what Gruden did is set a standard of no matter how good you are or will be you won’t get paid depending on the position you play. Same way Belichick won’t pay rushers like Jones or Collins and receivers like Moss or Cooks I think Gruden is doing the same. If he wasn’t going to pay Mack it doesn’t matter if the Raiders gave the next great rusher, Gruden won’t pay that player either. Y’all stuck with Gruden for the next 10yrs, good luck.

32 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd feel more confident trading Mack for picks if Reggie McKenzie had shown he can build through the draft. But it's the exact opposite we traded Mack and will likely end up with two mid-first round picks that are used on guys like DJ Hayden and Karl Joseph. Hell, I'm not even bummed that we gave up a second round pick considering Obi, Ward, and MEJ couldn't produce here after being high selections. 

Reggie isn't making the picks anymore and I would bet money this is his last year.  I feel like this should be clear by now.

This whole deal is hard to get my head around. Like. I get that it would be difficult to pay Mack with the other deals on our books. And we definitely could use help at more than a few spots. But the thing is we traded a proven commodity for unknowns. And I take exception to not paying a HOF talent at a premium position in his prime. Especially one who works hard, has a great attitude, puts the team first and is one of the most important players in the locker room for morale and leadership. Even more so when the team had ALL of the leverage in the world. THEN manage to not even get good value because of how poorly you played it out. AND you deflate the players and fans RIGHT before the season? Timing is impeccably bad.  Players might not want to play for our team and I would understand. Particularly if we could afford to pay him like the local writers said.

47 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

This whole deal is hard to get my head around. Like. I get that it would be difficult to pay Mack with the other deals on our books. And we definitely could use help at more than a few spots. But the thing is we traded a proven commodity for unknowns. And I take exception to not paying a HOF talent at a premium position in his prime. Especially one who works hard, has a great attitude, puts the team first and is one of the most important players in the locker room for morale and leadership. Even more so when the team had ALL of the leverage in the world. THEN manage to not even get good value because of how poorly you played it out. AND you deflate the players and fans RIGHT before the season? Timing is impeccably bad.  Players might not want to play for our team and I would understand. Particularly if we could afford to pay him like the local writers said.

We're truly banking on the Bears being bad. If they're bad, or mediocre, and they pick top 10 both years, we got good compensation. The problem is that I don't know if that's going to happen. I think they have a talented squad. That being said, the NFC North is a very talented division. I like all those teams, with the Vikings and Packers especially looking like juggernauts.

10 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We're truly banking on the Bears being bad. If they're bad, or mediocre, and they pick top 10 both years, we got good compensation. The problem is that I don't know if that's going to happen. I think they have a talented squad. That being said, the NFC North is a very talented division. I like all those teams, with the Vikings and Packers especially looking like juggernauts.

The Bears roster is awful... talented squad? I had them being the worst team in the NFL at 3-13. However, I think Mack is a huge difference maker, and the morale in that locker room might be sky high now. As much as 8 wins now wouldn't surprise me. Although I'll be rooting against them every single week. 

I hope ARod goes for 350+, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, with a double digit win on the Sunday Night Opener. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The Bears roster is awful... talented squad? I had them being the worst team in the NFL at 3-13. However, I think Mack is a huge difference maker, and the morale in that locker room might be sky high now. As much as 8 wins now wouldn't surprise me. Although I'll be rooting against them every single week. 

I hope ARod goes for 350+, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, with a double digit win on the Sunday Night Opener. 

They've made some good additions especially to their defense now with Mack. And they have RBs to lean on. I'm not sure they're in the playoff hunt yet but I dont think these picks will be in the top 10 either.

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

How? They went 5-11 last year with John Fox calling plays for Mike Glennon and rookie Trubisky throwing to the likes of Kendall Wright. They added an offensive minded HC, Allen Robinson, and Trey Burton. Their D was top 10 last year and they added Mack and Roquan Smith.

Keep dreaming of getting a top 5 pick

4 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

They've made some good additions especially to their defense now with Mack. And they have RBs to lean on. I'm not sure they're in the playoff hunt yet but I dont think these picks will be in the top 10 either.

The DL class has 3 elite prospects (note I said PROSPECTS) in my eyes. Nick Bosa, Ed Oliver, and Rashan Gary. The only way we even have a chance of replacing Mack's production is if we land one of those guys. That being said, I don't know if we're bad enough, or the Bears will be to land one, as they're all top 10 locks IMO.

At least the LB class is very talented at the top. Hopefully we bite this time...

Archived