Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Gruden coming in and spending money on vets like Giacomini, Martin, DJ, Nelson, Rucker, Gilchrist etc put paid to that. 

Explain? Those guys are on 1 year deals. Mack could fit  under our cap this season.

14 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Explain? Those guys are on 1 year deals. Mack could fit  under our cap this season.

Would he ? I was going by the $23m figure you used to calculate the $2.5m average for each player. Is that not right?

4 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Would he ? I was going by the $23m figure you used to calculate the $2.5m average for each player. Is that not right?

Mack would’ve gotten his 5th year option salary this year and the extension would kick in next year.

We could've easily fit Mack's contract and not crippled the team.

Fact is the best team's draft and keep their talent that they get. If their value on the market exceeds their production then you draft replacements or sign vets.

But one thing is for sure, unless theyre a locker room cancer or negotiations are particularily volatile, YOU DONT LET GO OF FRANCHISE PLAYERS.

The Steelers have been doing this with Bell for years. Negotiations going nowhere and he turns down deals but they still franchise him each year knowing he wont even be at camp. But they know week 1 he'll show up to earn his multi millions and accrue the season toward his contract. And the Steelers know that they'll be crippled without him.

If negotiations were so bad(or in this case non exsistent) i dont know why this wasnt the approach taken until an impasse could be reached or he couldve been traded after he was franchised in the offseason when we could be sure of the pick value that we were getting in return. If the Bears dont net us at least 1 top 10 pick(a very real possibility), this trade looks even worse than it already does.

Bottom line, Chucky didnt wanna pay him. Thats the only reason why this happened. If JDR were here, id bet the house we'd be celebrating his extension and career in Oakland.

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

giphy.gif

I'm unhappy too but propping up JDR....

Not about propping up jdr. If it is what they say it is shouldnt matter who the coach was, he would had to be gone. But i dont believe for a second that reggie do this with another head coach. 

11 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I hope you're not saying some team would trade 2 top 5 picks (already knowing that's what they are) for Mack. I'm 100% positive, If we had traded Mack for picks in a draft with a known order (so somewhere between the end of the season and the draft) we would have never got 2 1st. Teams value the picks they can use now way too much for this happen. We got 2 1st because they're future picks. That's what Gruden hinted at yesterday when asked why they traded Mack now and not after the season.

I disagree the Bears for example who picked 8th, if Mack was available at that time i could see them easily making the same deal #8 and 1st in 2019, because getting a 2nd back is what makes the deal for them they are not just giving up two 1st straight up.

4 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Lol. In all honesty i feel itd have been that way if anyone but Chucky was in the driver's seat

4 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Not about propping up jdr. If it is what they say it is shouldnt matter who the coach was, he would had to be gone. But i dont believe for a second that reggie do this with another head coach. 

Yeah you guys are right. I was trying to lighten the mood with a gif.

Carr hinted that he, guard Gabe Jackson and Ellis all tried to structure their contract extensions to help with Mack’s. But Gruden said the Raiders weren’t close to offering the six-year, $141 million deal with $90 million guaranteed that the Bears gave Mack after the trade.

“That’s what makes it hard, because we all knew, me, Gabe, Khalil, Jelly, we all saw it coming,” Carr said. “It’s one of those things that you just hope it can work out. We all did our best, I’ll say it that way … it just didn’t work out that way. Honestly, it hurts because we did, we tried, and we were always open.”

Meanwhile my heart is literally breaking

19 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Meanwhile my heart is literally breaking

This makes me hate Chucky. Literally no one wanted him gone and guys were altering or willing to alter their contracts to keep Mack around. The man was truly wanted by everyone in the building and the stands except Gruden.

Archived