Khalil Mack traded to the Bears (Page 19)

RaidersAreOne

Carr is in MVP form again. Lynch has a hell of a season. Cooper finally shows hes a true #1. Gruden and Guenther show off true coaching prowess. We going 10-6 make the playoff and go 1-1. 

Key wins DROY with like 13.5 sacks.

Hall and Hurst show out and look like impact players. 

And then we use the 23.5 million to sign Lev Bell to replace Lynch and Lawrence/Ansah to replace Irvin. Parker develops behind Penn. Lee takes DJs spot. We draft replacements for both Nelson's in the first round next year.

And we are all sitting here this time next year, younger and asking Khalil who. 

::wakes up::

11 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Carr is in MVP form again. Lynch has a hell of a season. Cooper finally shows hes a true #1. Gruden and Guenther show off true coaching prowess. We going 10-6 make the playoff and go 1-1. 

Key wins DROY with like 13.5 sacks.

Hall and Hurst show out and look like impact players. 

And then we use the 23.5 million to sign Lev Bell to replace Lynch and Lawrence/Ansah to replace Irvin. Parker develops behind Penn. Lee takes DJs spot. We draft replacements for both Nelson's in the first round next year.

And we are all sitting here this time next year, younger and asking Khalil who. 

::wakes up::

No one here will ever say Khalil who.  That would be great it Key wins DROY, but that would be even more amazing to have them playing together.  

Mack was my fav Raider since Bo Jackson, this is going to piss me off for several years, regardless of how well we may do.

21 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

I'm still so upset by this. Can't convince myself this a good trade.

Barring a miraculous circumstance where we somehow get another HOF talent, no one will ever be able to convince me it was a good trade. The value was crap, the reasoning behind it was crap, and literally no one wanted but the one guy who pulled the trigger.

Mack was a generational talent. That alone means he shouldnt go. On top of that tho, he was the leader of our defense, picture perfect off the field and in the community, and has never been hurt. He was the perfect player in every way. Coaches dream of having 1-2 guys like him in their careers.

2 minutes ago, daineraider said:

No one here will ever say Khalil who.  That would be great it Key wins DROY, but that would be even more amazing to have them playing together.  

Mack was my fav Raider since Bo Jackson, this is going to piss me off for several years, regardless of how well we may do.

Mack will ALWAYS be a Raider. I pray that he returns somehow someday

28 minutes ago, daineraider said:

It was a joke.

But I mean come on it's a business decision. Grow up and stoo making this emotional. 

I felt the same way when CWood was signed by Green Bay. But it is what it is. 

We just move on.

24 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

It still doesn't feel real. We were cheated out of watching a HOF career. He will be remembered as a Bear now just like most remember Cwood as a packer,  that stings. 

That’s just devastating to see this but that contract there is just no way. It will be lame seeing him suit up as a Bear. 

As long as we hit these acquired assets it might be worth it. Judging by all the other drafts it’s scary that we might have gave him away for not.

I’m pissed about losing our best player right before the season starts and I should grow up?  Or maybe you could make a joke that resembles something funny or clever. If we had a bunch of good drafts and or landed a handful of really solid FAs losing Mack wouldn’t be as big of a deal.  We just lost our only real defensive producer 1 week before the season.

Personally I would of rather just tagged Carr a couple years and signed Mack. Franchise QBs are becoming much easier to find in this day and age. The Raiders were just desperate to lock one up considering we didn't have one for 12 years. Even though that was due to Al. 

But with emotions cooled, you can't pay two players 25M. Just bad unfortunate timing. Rams don't have to pay Goff for a while so they can afford Donald. And by the time they do gotta pay Goff, Donald is past his prime. 

Now im questioning if Cooper has 1500 yards and 9 TDs with a breakout season, and he asks for 19-20M, do we even pay him?

I'm personally use to it as an A's fan. Can't afford to keep talent more than their original contract. However, the A's are geniuses at hoarding top prospects and timing their breakouts all at the same time and having a monster team for 3-4 years. Something they've done well for 50+ years. 4 years of great baseball with all young guys on fresh contracts. Then a four year selling off period while building up the new prospect pool. 

On 9/2/2018 at 9:28 AM, drfrey13 said:

Trubiski does not need to win games.  He just needs to not lose them.  That D will be one of the best in the league.

He's going to have to play well for them to compete in that division. Green Bay, Minnesota, and Chicago could all easily be playoff teams. 

2 hours ago, daineraider said:

I’m pissed about losing our best player right before the season starts and I should grow up?  Or maybe you could make a joke that resembles something funny or clever. If we had a bunch of good drafts and or landed a handful of really solid FAs losing Mack wouldn’t be as big of a deal.  We just lost our only real defensive producer 1 week before the season.

It made absolutely zero sense to trade Mack at this point in the year. We should've done it in April so we could've added a player in the top ten or waited until the draft next year. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

It made absolutely zero sense to trade Mack at this point in the year. We should've done it in April so we could've added a player in the top ten or waited until the draft next year. 

We were trying to extend him. But he wanted 23.5 million a year and that is steep. If he somehow gets injured, the Bears eat that 90 million guaranteed. We would have to pay Carr and Mack 50 million. If our coaching staff wasn't all duds and didn't play a large role in Mckenzie's picks busting over the last 3 years, maybe we could keep him. But our drafts have mainly sucked. It's unacceptable. I would take many GM's drafts over ours.

28 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We were trying to extend him. But he wanted 23.5 million a year and that is steep. If he somehow gets injured, the Bears eat that 90 million guaranteed. We would have to pay Carr and Mack 50 million. If our coaching staff wasn't all duds and didn't play a large role in Mckenzie's picks busting over the last 3 years, maybe we could keep him. But our drafts have mainly sucked. It's unacceptable. I would take many GM's drafts over ours.

I understand why they decided to do it but I still just don't get the timing. Everyone knew Khalil was going to get a mega-deal and they still said the plan was to keep him. Gruden said this is about building a team but that should've been his mentality from the get-go. 

Archived