Update: Urban Meyer suspended 3 games

IDOG_det

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’d say there’s a difference between a coach turning a blind eye to kids getting raped by an assistant and a HC not firing an Assistant when the AD and police are both aware of allegations. Not saying things couldn’t have been handled differently, but that’s just a ridiculous comparison.

kids getting raped is worse for me than wife beaters, but lets not act like theres a huge gap between the two. I guess there are for some though when ohio state is involved.

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

kids getting raped is worse for me than wife beaters, but lets not act like theres a huge gap between the two. I guess there are for some though when ohio state is involved.

There’d be some similarity if there was a coverup. As I said, repeatedly (not sure you’re actually reading or not), the AD and police were involved in this one. This isn’t about the school. I haven’t defended Meyer in this one and understand both sides, as long as it’s a fact-driven and logical discussion. 

8 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’d say there’s a difference between a coach turning a blind eye to kids getting raped by an assistant and a HC not firing an Assistant when the AD and police are both aware of allegations. Not saying things couldn’t have been handled differently, but that’s just a ridiculous comparison.

At least Poppa Pump is consistent.

Two vile allegations, two coaches kicking it up the chain and nothing else, two instances of abuse continuing to occur.  But only one THEE Ohio State as far as NateDawg is concerned.

12 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

There’d be some similarity if there was a coverup. As I said, repeatedly (not sure you’re actually reading or not), the AD and police were involved in this one. This isn’t about the school. I haven’t defended Meyer in this one and understand both sides, as long as it’s a fact-driven and logical discussion. 

so what youre saying is as long as his bosses dont care that hes employing a wife beater he shouldnt either? 

28 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I give up. When my words are only being twisted, and PSU scandal is our comparison, I know it’s time to be done here. Continue with your pitchforks, torches, and synchronized chanting for Urban’s head. 

Have fun with your head in the sand.

44 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I give up. When my words are only being twisted, and PSU scandal is our comparison, I know it’s time to be done here. Continue with your pitchforks, torches, and synchronized chanting for Urban’s head. 

Well we’re Ohio State fans so according to people in here we should recuse ourselves from the conversation. It’s impossible for us to be fair. Now everyone on the other side can absolutely be fair being they’re fans of certain schools in the Big 10. No double standard there. 

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Well we’re Ohio State fans so according to people in here we should recuse ourselves from the conversation. It’s impossible for us to be fair. Now everyone on the other side can absolutely be fair being they’re fans of certain schools in the Big 10. No double standard there. 

My God if anything in this thread is true, it is this post. 

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

You don't need to recuse yourselves, but you have to recognize your bias. It reminds me of another recent OSU-linked scandal that I referenced. I won't go deeply into the analogy because it's a forbidden topic, but people tend to back "their guy" and rationalize away things that point to guilt.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

You don't need to recuse yourselves, but you have to recognize your bias. It reminds me of another recent OSU-linked scandal that I referenced. I won't go deeply into the analogy because it's a forbidden topic, but people tend to back "their guy" and rationalize away things that point to guilt.

Do you not have any biases?  Did you maybe make up your mind at the start of the story about who all is guilty and decided that you won't change your mind regardless of new information?

1 minute ago, Raves said:

Do you not have any biases?  Did you maybe make up your mind at the start of the story about who all is guilty and decided that you won't change your mind regardless of new information?

No. No.

On 4/25/2018 at 8:48 PM, jrry32 said:
On 4/25/2018 at 7:57 PM, 49erurtaza said:

Elissa Ennis, the former girlfriend, released a statement through her attorney, Stephanie Rickard, in which she said she can prove Foster was not responsible for her injuries.

“(Foster) did not strike her, injure her or threaten her,” Rickard said in the statement.

Ennis’ injuries were the result of a physical fight with another woman, and that Foster tried to end his relationship with Ennis after he learned of the fight, Rickard said.

There is a video of that fight with another woman, according to Rickard.

“She was extremely upset and told him if he broke up with her she would ‘trash his career,’ ” Rickard said.

Rickard said after Ennis realized what she had done, she went back to the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s office and tried to recant her previous statement.

Let's see the video. Until then, the recant does nothing for me.

Admits it was all a lie and it was an attempt to trash his career, you refused to accept it, though you did caveat it with needing to see the video, but still shows my point.

@jrry32

12 minutes ago, Raves said:

Admits it was all a lie and it was an attempt to trash his career, you refused to accept it, though you did caveat it with needing to see the video, but still shows my point.

@jrry32

No, it doesn't. Recanted accusations are the norm in DV work. It's especially problematic with successful men who have the means to buy silence. The fact that I made it clear that I was open to changing my opinion once the video was out (or confirmation that the video proved what he said it did) disproves your point. In fact, I explained all of this in that very thread:

Looky there, you quoted my post from that same page. Odd how you didn't link us to the thread. It's almost like you didn't want to make it easy for people to see that you were being dishonest. Just in case you want the exact quote, here it is:

Try somebody who practices law and has friends who prosecute DV cases. The woman recanting isn't unusual. It's unfortunate, but it happens all too often even when the guy is clearly guilty. I said the same thing about the woman in the David Irving case very recently on a Rams forum. They need to investigate it because the victim recanting doesn't mean the guy is innocent. If the video proves he's innocent, that's good enough for me. If there is no video or it doesn't prove his innocence, they need to investigate it.

Archived