Interesting case of Khalil Mack

Hurricanes773

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

People say after draft we get this stud for 5 years on a rookie deal!

Ask Rams and Raiders about that.

I mean all Gruden has to to do is well... nothing... Mack has zero leverage here...

He's got a 5th year, then 2 franchise tag years and there isn't a damn thing he can do about it... and it's still cheaper than the contract he wants..... and the contract he would end up getting if he just keeps holding out.

EDIT: Also... the rumors are basically that the Raiders aren't even listening to offers about Mack.  He's not going anywhere.

It has begun.  I’m on the fence about him.  In a fantasy world I’d trade for him in a heartbeat.  But compensation to acquire him and then retain him is just so much.  All i know for sure is that i hope  he doesn’t go to the packers.

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

It has begun.  I’m on the fence about him.  In a fantasy world I’d trade for him in a heartbeat.  But compensation to acquire him and then retain him is just so much.  All i know for sure is that i hope  he doesn’t go to the packers.

Yeah, if Eric Galko says so, he's on the block.

O.o

On 8/21/2018 at 6:01 PM, Epyon said:

I mean all Gruden has to to do is well... nothing... Mack has zero leverage here...

He's got a 5th year, then 2 franchise tag years and there isn't a damn thing he can do about it... and it's still cheaper than the contract he wants..... and the contract he would end up getting if he just keeps holding out.

EDIT: Also... the rumors are basically that the Raiders aren't even listening to offers about Mack.  He's not going anywhere.

LOL.  Not laughing at you.  Just how quickly rumors change. 

To be fair what does being "on trade block" mean?  Virtually everyone is on the trade block in terms of listening to an offer or taking a phone call from an interested party.

Doesn't mean he is going to be traded.  

I'm concerned that the cost of the first round pick(s) and other draft picks that it would take for the Bears to acquire Mack that we'd be donig the defensive version of the Cutler deal.

A team still short on enough quality players bringing in a player at a cost that would make it highly unlikely that we can raise the level of the roster around them to succeed.

When we traded for Cutler I said I think we are going to see a stronger armed QB getting killed behind a poor Oline and offense, instead of seeing Orton throw the ball away to avoid sacks and picks. Cutler threw the picks and took the sacks and while he proved to me he was extremely tough, the Bears struggled with this offensive "scheme" for years.

Add in our bad luck with injuries and with Mack it could be one or two glorious seasons of seeing him smack down QB's, but the defense never having enough good starters or depth to push the team into elite status and then Mack's knees finally go out on him.

As stated earlier in this thread, IF we were one elite LB away from being a Super Bowl contender it would be different. We aren't even close yet and we may have a growing issue of Floyd's durability and yet another hole to fill in a season or two.

The difference between Cutler and Mack is that one of them is going to the HOF.

The Bears do not need more "solid players" they need some elite game changing talents and Mack plays the 2nd most important position.

I would trade 2x1st round picks for him tomorrow.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

The difference between Cutler and Mack is that one of them is going to the HOF.

The Bears do not need more "solid players" they need some elite game changing talents and Mack plays the 2nd most important position.

I would trade 2x1st round picks for him tomorrow.

It’s not going to take two first round picks if they do decide to trade him. It will take one or a great young player with years left on his deal.  

Bears would be stupid not to try to get Mack if available.  

1) They have cap space. 

2) He fills biggest hole on their team. 

3) His new contract would run through Trubisky rookie contract window.  

4) Great players at his position usually go top 3 in draft and those are still crap shoots. Mack is proven player.  

5) Great Rush Lbers almost never come on the market.  

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Bears would be stupid not to try to get Mack if available.  

1) They have cap space. 

2) He fills biggest hole on their team. 

3) His new contract would run through Trubisky rookie contract window.  

4) Great players at his position usually go top 3 in draft and those are still crap shoots. Mack is proven player.  

5) Great Rush Lbers almost never come on the market.  

6) He's never missed a game in his NFL career

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

It’s not going to take two first round picks if they do decide to trade him. It will take one or a great young player with years left on his deal.  

Fine. Take Roquan and next year's first.

Smith is an elite talent and I am excited he is here, but an elite EDGE is damn near impossible to match him against. You summed it up already.

All radio people think it’s stupid idea to pursue Mack .  They don’t present much argument though.  They just assert it like it’s common sense and ridiculous to even contemplate. They make snarky remarks and then belly laugh like they told some great joke.  I really hate that.  

I don’t care what your opinion is, but support your opinion.  

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

All radio people think it’s stupid idea to pursue Mack .  They don’t present much argument though.  They just assert it like it’s common sense and ridiculous to even contemplate. They make snarky remarks and then belly laugh like they told some great joke.  I really hate that.  

I don’t care what your opinion is, but support your opinion.  

Carmen and Abdallah on ESPN 1000 are so obsessed with draft picks, so without saying it, that's their reason. They were pissed when the Bears traded for Anthony Miller and couldn't understand the idea that they were simply borrowing a 2019 second round pick.

Archived