Interesting case of Khalil Mack

Hurricanes773

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

All radio people think it’s stupid idea to pursue Mack .  They don’t present much argument though.  They just assert it like it’s common sense and ridiculous to even contemplate. They make snarky remarks and then belly laugh like they told some great joke.  I really hate that.  

I don’t care what your opinion is, but support your opinion.  

Freedom of speech doesn't ensure competency of said speech.

Sports, politics, etc all have people with immovable opinions that have no other rationale other than, "Because!"

To be really blunt, most of you guys are just fuming because that Pace didn’t do much in terms of adding edge rushers this offseason and want to see a quick fix. But you guys are also smarter than the average fan. Try to be objective when considering whether or not this trade would make sense and if the Bears have the compensation to pull it off. I think the latter is the issue.

3 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

To be really blunt, most of you guys are just fuming because that Pace didn’t do much in terms of adding edge rushers this offseason and want to see a quick fix. But you guys are also smarter than the average fan. Try to be objective when considering whether or not this trade would make sense and if the Bears have the compensation to pull it off. I think the latter is the issue.

I’m curious about your stance.  Are you saying you don’t want them to make the trade?  Or are you saying it’s so unrealistic that we shouldn’t bother getting our hopes up?  Or both?

15 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I’m curious about your stance.  Are you saying you don’t want them to make the trade?  Or are you saying it’s so unrealistic that we shouldn’t bother getting our hopes up?  Or both?

Pretty sure it’s both, and he cites lack of available compensation going to Oakland as the reason.

17 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I think it’s it’s more unrealistic than a lot of Bears fans want to admit. Particularly I don’t see Pace sending away a 2019 1 when he also doesn’t have a 2019 2 when his philosophy has been to build through the draft.

I'm just saying if its me, I am willing to give a 1 or any player save QB to get Mack.  You won't know what they want unless you make the call .  

If they are asking for 4 players and two 1's and my first born son I'm saying no.  You dont want to make a Herchel Walker trade.  

If Floyd was healthy and they had another good OLB I would still want Mack.  Not about a quick fix.  He is HOFer entering his prime at a crucial position. 

On 8/25/2018 at 3:59 PM, IronMike84 said:

I think it’s it’s more unrealistic than a lot of Bears fans want to admit. Particularly I don’t see Pace sending away a 2019 1 when he also doesn’t have a 2019 2 when his philosophy has been to build through the draft.

Your point is well taken. But, beyond edge rusher, at what position are we in need of an infusion of young top tier talent the likes of which generally has to be drafted in the top 50? We are locked in at least 2 years at corner, 4 at QB, 2+ at WR, 2+ at TE, RRH seemingly progressing really well gets us pretty set at DL, ILB is set and FS is set. Plus, Mack is a young star. He’s what you HOPE you draft. It’s unrealistic because I think it costs us our 2019 1 and 2020 2 if not more and that’s a lot, but given where the roster is right now and the financial flexibility provided by Mitch’s rookie deal if we were to ever make a move like this now is the time. 

Most are looking at our squad as anywhere between 6-9 wins as presently constructed with decent health luck. Mack is a 2-3 win add to both sides to me. He takes a 20 ppg defense to a 17 ppg defense that creates more splash plays. You bet the farm on that guy. That could be Reggie White going to GB. He’s that caliber of a difference maker. 

19 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Yeah, I’m not going believe IB or someone named Eric Galko. When I hear it from Schefter, Silver, Rapoport, Florio, etc I’ll believe it

Except we aren’t going to here anything from them until a deal is basically done. Either way if it happens depending on what was given up I’ll be happy. 

44 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Except we aren’t going to here anything from them until a deal is basically done. Either way if it happens depending on what was given up I’ll be happy. 

Are you saying Rapoport and Schefter only tweet when a deal is done? Because they, plenty of times, have tweeted that a guy is on the trade block, is open to being traded, etc. I think if the Raiders are open to dealing him, Rapoport and Schefter will be all over it.

Archived