Browns WR Antonio Callway Cited for Marijuana

TheVillain112

5 hours ago, Counselor said:

Anyone who claims someone has a good heart and doesn’t actually know the person in the capacity to really make a statement as such is just selling BS.

I don’t know how you can possibly make that statement. 

Have you even looked into the man’s eyes?

19 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

In the spirit of fare ness:

But please go ahead and ignite those pitchforks. 

The post said it itself.  He still drove on a suspended license.  You're going to tell me he thought it was no longer suspended?  This is still evidence of a conscious decision by him to flaunt the law, so he still looks like a hypocrite at best and (probably more likely given his track record) a bald-faced liar who was telling GM's what they wanted to hear (that he'd changed) in order to get them to draft/sign him.  You can downplay it all you want - to be honest, the nature of this specific incident isn't as important as the fact that it happened and that it happened as a result of a situation Callaway consciously chose to put himself in when it was completely avoidable.  Dude hasn't changed and if this incident doesn't contribute to his downfall, it certainly signals the relative inevitability of that downfall - be it via another incident or incidents in the future or whatever.

15 hours ago, VanS said:

I only defended Callaway against the allegation he was a bad kid prone to criminal behavior.  He's not bad.  He might be prone to dumb mistakes but he's got a good heart and is fundamentally a good kid.

Actually, I'd say this incident reinforces the fact that he's not "a good kid" who is just "prone to dumb mistakes."  When your license is suspended that's pretty damn cut and dry, the DMV and law enforcement have told you that you do not have permission to operate a vehicle for a set period of time.  If you drive a car during that period where your license is suspended, that's not "a dumb mistake," that's you deciding that the law doesn't matter or that you're above the law/punishment that's been handed down to you.  Unless you're telling me that, at 3AM he's driving to save someone from harming him/herself, that he's responding help someone in danger, etc. (and in virtually every one of these situations, him getting into his car and driving on a suspended license is not the only option available to him to achieve these ends - not even the most efficient, really), this was no "a dumb mistake by a good person."  This was a choice made by a person who has proven, yet again, he doesn't believe rules and consequences apply to him.

17 hours ago, VanS said:

I only defended Callaway against the allegation he was a bad kid prone to criminal behavior.  He's not bad.  He might be prone to dumb mistakes but he's got a good heart and is fundamentally a good kid.

I said the same about Chris Henry.  So I get it...

On 8/9/2018 at 6:33 PM, The LBC said:

The post said it itself.  He still drove on a suspended license.  You're going to tell me he thought it was no longer suspended? 

There was a recent report that said his license was actually valid in FLA, but until it's converted to Ohio, it is suspended. Guaranteed the judge tells him to go to the DMV and get it switched. But continue waving the pitchforks and tiki torches

29 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

There was a recent report that said his license was actually valid in FLA, but until it's converted to Ohio, it is suspended. Guaranteed the judge tells him to go to the DMV and get it switched. But continue waving the pitchforks and tiki torches

By all means, continue to play it down.  It may be that simple, but what's also that simple is (unless the law in Ohio simply doesn't recognize another state's drivers license - which would be pretty suspect if they had any hopes of tourism whatsoever and he was ignorant of the law) he knew his license was suspended and he shouldn't be driving and he still chose to drive.

The argument you're making is the same as the guy who recently tried to defend to me that the fact that vehicle code specifies Cycling Under the Influence as a misdemeanor just the same as a DUI (just with a lesser fine) that that really doesn't matter because cops don't often pull over or arrest people for CUI unless they're falling over or veering into traffic.  Consciously breaking the law is about as cut and dry, black or white as you get.  In some cases there may even be extenuating circumstances, but like I said, it certainly didn't sound like that was the case here (we sure as hell know he wasn't going to the DMV to get his license switched at 3 in the morning).

17 minutes ago, The LBC said:

By all means, continue to play it down.  It may be that simple, but what's also that simple is (unless the law in Ohio simply doesn't recognize another state's drivers license - which would be pretty suspect if they had any hopes of tourism whatsoever and he was ignorant of the law) he knew his license was suspended and he shouldn't be driving and he still chose to drive.

The argument you're making is the same as the guy who recently tried to defend to me that the fact that vehicle code specifies Cycling Under the Influence as a misdemeanor just the same as a DUI (just with a lesser fine) that that really doesn't matter because cops don't often pull over or arrest people for CUI unless they're falling over or veering into traffic.  Consciously breaking the law is about as cut and dry, black or white as you get.  In some cases there may even be extenuating circumstances, but like I said, it certainly didn't sound like that was the case here (we sure as hell know he wasn't going to the DMV to get his license switched at 3 in the morning).

I think you have 30 days to obtain a driver's license when you move to another state. Odds are a police officer is just going to remind you of that not cite you so my guess would be that it is currently suspended for some other reason.

Archived