Browns WR Antonio Callway Cited for Marijuana

TheVillain112

13 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Fun fact. Callaway used to smoke weed.

He still does, but he used to, too.

In all seriousness it amazes me how willfully these guys will squander the only real chance they have at an incredibly financially rewarding job. He is a first round talent who is looking at spending 4 years to earn an 8 figure deal. As a guy who gave the generic response that he believed he'd major in business, even he should be well aware that 2 years at UF doesn't exactly market you for a six figure salary.

Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24321834/cleveland-browns-rookie-antonio-callaway-had-bullets-gun-parts-car-marijuana-citation

Time to add gun charges on top of it.

As Browns wide receiver Antonio Callaway stood by, a police officer said he "got real nervous" when he found bullets and a gun part while searching the rookie's vehicle.

Callaway was cited for marijuana possession and driving with a suspended license after being stopped by Strongsville, Ohio, police early Sunday morning for failing to yield to oncoming traffic.

On Wednesday, the dashcam video shows Callaway getting out of his car and then being questioned by police after the ammunition and a "strap" for a handgun were found in the car.

"I got real nervous when I opened [the car] up and first thing right down by where the seats sit is the backstrap of a Glock, and then he's got a bunch of spare single rounds sitting in the center console," the unidentified officer said. "So I got real nervous when he's standing back there and there's no gun but there's gun stuff everywhere."

Callaway says he owned a gun, but that it was in Florida. The officer asks to pat him down to make sure he's not carrying a weapon.

19 hours ago, Counselor said:

Why? You’ll get some answer consisting of the following...

1. Still a HOF talent 

2. We have to wait and see. Let’s look back in three years

3. Did you see how right I was about Alvin Kamara? No one else thought he would be that good. 

You're gonna be adding a couple of more names to that list pretty soon.

22 hours ago, N4L said:

@VanS thoughts?

I said the marijuana dependency scared me.  I only defended Callaway against the allegation he was a bad kid prone to criminal behavior.  He's not bad.  He might be prone to dumb mistakes but he's got a good heart and is fundamentally a good kid.  Also in terms of talent, I still believe he's the best receiver to enter the NFL in the last 6-7 years (along with Corey Davis).    And I think he's gonna be one of the two or three best WRs in the NFL very soon as long as he stays on the field.

However, the marijuana thing is scary.  I would hate for him to not be able to control himself like Josh Gordon.  I do have faith he'll be able to stay out of trouble long enough to tear apart the NFL. The question is can he not get himself suspended for years like Josh Gordon.  

12 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Anyone who claims someone has a good heart and doesn’t actually know the person in the capacity to really make a statement as such is just selling BS.

Oh, I get that. I'm just seeing how far one will dig a hole.

11 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

But please go ahead and ignite those pitchforks.

I think you mean torches. We will just bring the pitchforks along. If I can ignite a pitchfork it's game over.

The issue is, he's in training camp and out at 3:00 AM? Just why??

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I think you mean torches. We will just bring the pitchforks along. If I can ignite a pitchfork it's game over.

The issue is, he's in training camp and out at 3:00 AM? Just why??

You’ve never seen styrofoam pitchforks? ?

Yeah being out at that time of night is just plain dumb. 

Archived