Here we go, Calloway reportedly cited for Marijuana posession

DizzyDean

10 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

If he passes his test, I hope they go with the story he gave. Innocent until proven guilty. He still has 1/10th of the law to lean on.

He is guilty of having marijuana.

What is the nfl policy? that will be the determining factor. If he tests positive, then suspension, ie he tests negative maybe he gets away with it. 

I think I believe him because there is no way you ask the police officer to search the car if you know there is weed in it. Especially when you know the hot water you would be in if anything was found given your past.

If he knows this is the truth, then I think he should ask to take a piss test to prove not only that his story wasnt legit, but he never smoked it.

17 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think I believe him because there is no way you ask the police officer to search the car if you know there is weed in it. Especially when you know the hot water you would be in if anything was found given your past.

If he knows this is the truth, then I think he should ask to take a piss test to prove not only that his story wasnt legit, but he never smoked it.

This could totally exonerate him. No one is really concerned if they found a loose dried out piece or two from months ago if he tests clean (which would imply it's been at least three or four weeks). I'm rooting for him.

Wow, and he's the guy that was supposed to step up after we shipped of Coleman. Way to go, dude. Even if he didn't know about the weed (unlikely, but the piss test will tell), being out at 3am in the middle of training camp sounds like some Manziel-level prioritization.

He didn’t voluntarily have it searched. He was driving under a suspended license. That’s grounds for an automatic impound of the vehicle. He had no choice on that one. 

It is what it is. I’m not buying a story that weed had just been chillin in his car without him knowing it. Even if he hasn’t put it there, he’s gonna smell it inside the car when he’s driving. Let’s be better then believing a story like this.

Disappointing but not surprising. Here’s a guy that couldn’t stay clean even at the combine. Here we go again.

Browns sure know how to Browns up an off season.

The only thing that could be more Browns is if Jarvis Landry tears is patellar tendon on the first play from scrimmage tomorrow night.

Maybe we could call Darren Chiaverini, Quincy Morgan or Syndric Steptoe maybe. Hey, wonder what Andre Davis, Paul Hubbard or Vince Mayle are up to these days.  Josh Lentz surely still has some upside right? JuJuan Dawson? Wonder if Greg Little has learned to catch. Braylon Edwards has the draft pedigree. Chansi Stuckey looking to make a comeback?

19 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

He didn’t voluntarily have it searched. He was driving under a suspended license. That’s grounds for an automatic impound of the vehicle. He had no choice on that one. 

It is what it is. I’m not buying a story that weed had just been chillin in his car without him knowing it. Even if he hasn’t put it there, he’s gonna smell it inside the car when he’s driving. Let’s be better then believing a story like this.

Disappointing but not surprising. Here’s a guy that couldn’t stay clean even at the combine. Here we go again.

qft

I, like many, get drug tested for my work. While I’m not going to touch whether it should be legal or not etc, that’s not the issue for me. Simply put, it’s a rule that his workplace requires, and he knows the rule. He’s free to smoke marijuana in secret without consequence....and not be in the NFL. But, if you want to have this job, and make a better living then the other 99%, you have to be able to pass a drug test/not get caught with marijuana. 

I’ll be shocked if we don’t go after some receiver within the week. We have to right? All of a sudden, we could be staring down Higgins as our #2. Consider how bad that must mean the 3-5 guys could be. Gordon and Callaway should have been “show me” guys all along for our GM, with off-season management (similar with Coleman). You can’t necessarily count on them being out there, and they’ll have to stay out of trouble for a period of time before being viewed as anything more.

9 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Wouldn’t be a big deal if the league would come into this century and change its archaic view on marijuana but that’s for another day

The NFLs policy wouldn't change that posession is against the law, as is driving with a suspended license.

Stupid is as stupid does

5 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

The NFLs policy wouldn't change that posession is against the law, as is driving with a suspended license.

Stupid is as stupid does

both of which are misdemeanors

also you guys are shellshocked from gordon.  if he was in stage two, his first offense for marijuana is only a fine and no suspension.  his second then would be 4 games, his third would be 6.  

not like this dude is gone for the year... yet.

Archived